Lombard is sooo overrated

Ballsy to post this knowing you'll be flamed but yes he is very overrated.
Overrated does not mean a fighter is not good it means a fighter is thought to be far better than he is. And based off the "Lombard will be MW champ and rule the UFC" threads that pop up every time he fights yes he is overrated. He is talented but he doesn't nearly have the abilities some people make him out to have

actually no he is underrated just look at his skillset not just highlight videos of KOs besides the great stand up and KO power Hector is a judo 4th degree Blackbelt and Olympian and has also great wrestling plus also is BJJ blackbelt himself. He has potential to be champ because he is so well rounded and has no weakness in his game and please don't tell me its his cardio at one stage of his career he did have cardio issues during pride when he wasn't training properly and also the Schlemenko fight which was 5 rounds before the fight though he was bed ridden with the flu so that's explainable though even the fittest in the UFC get gassed during 5 rounder wars. . Even A Silva himself has weaknesses and that is his wrestling Lombard could exploit that with his grappling pedigree.

lol what a joke he was robbed Lombard got takedowns and a slam stuffed all of tims take downs got the hard hits in with a liver shot that dropped Tim Lombard also got in sound gnp all of this while injured with a fractured sternum is incredible, all Tim did was run away and do pansy leg taps hahaha

I don't get the hype about this guy, some even went so far and put him in the title mix. Lombard is dangerous in the pocket, he throws some powerful wild hooks but he has no footwork, kicks, no set up or combinations to get inside, he,s flatfooted. Anybody with a decent footwork, low kicks and a jab would pick this guy apart easily.
And please don't talk about silva vs lombard, it would be embarrassing, silva would toy with this dude

he looked very good in his last fight

Honestly that video doesn't impress me, it makes me laugh. Is that the Lombard version of a backyard bar-b-que boxing compilation? Terrible rap music, terrible technique on display against guys that wouldn't even make it as gatekeepers in the UFC.

James Te Huna, Brian Ebersole, Tim Boetsch, and Palhares aren't really gatekeepers. Plus the blonde haired guy you see in the clip getting KOed beat Anderson Silva lol, Prangley beat Sonnen and the guy that Lombard KOed in 6 seconds went to a 3 round decision to Leben. Go watch fights outside of the UFC lots of talented guys that could do well in UFC. Your just a UFC nutthugger and not a true MMA fan.

Last edited:
lol what a joke he was robbed Lombard got takedowns and a slam stuffed all of tims take downs got the hard hits in with a liver shot that dropped Tim Lombard also got in sound gnp all of this while injured with a fractured sternum is incredible, all Tim did was run away and do pansy leg taps hahaha

This was no where near a robbery, lol.

096_Hector_Lombard_vs_Tim_Boetsch_gallery_post_crop_exact.jpg

overrated by who? people don't say too high of praise for him

Ahhhh. Tim played the Condit. That was a shame. It was a close fight, but I thought HL won it too. By ripping Palhares and the close fight with TB you have to rank the guy in the top 6-8 at MW. He's at least in the mix. What would he look like at 170? Now that's an interesting thought. There are WW out there his size, but doubtfully his power. And to say he is overrated "cause AS would destroy him" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That logic means every other MW and probably every LHW sans JJ is overrated too

Ahhhh. Tim played the Condit. That was a shame. It was a close fight, but I thought HL won it too. By ripping Palhares and the close fight with TB you have to rank the guy in the top 6-8 at MW. He's at least in the mix. What would he look like at 170? Now that's an interesting thought. There are WW out there his size, but doubtfully his power. And to say he is overrated "cause AS would destroy him" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That logic means every other MW and probably every LHW sans JJ is overrated too

All i know is if Hector didn't have the injury and came to fight Tim again, Boetsch wouldn't last a round would get tooled..

I agree with this, how much of a 'beast' or how 'overrated' he is will depend on how successful he is at taking guys down when they try to pick him to peaces standing. His ground game should make him a handful for anyone and no-one but a top level ADCC grappler would choose to go there with him. He is very flat footed though. If he doesn't learn to move then he will lose.

Mousasi dominated him on the ground.

This was no where near a robbery, lol.

096_Hector_Lombard_vs_Tim_Boetsch_gallery_post_crop_exact.jpg

but it was also no where close to a win either...that fight was horrid on both sides but someone had to get the nod...i wouldnt put much stock into that fight for either fighter...i dont hold the loss against lombard and i dont credit boetsch at all for the win...would be the same opinion if the decision was vice versa...both guys sucked and neither showed much of anything in that fight...at least lombard redeemed himself ten fold...im waiting for boetsch to show me something...

I dont really see him as a brawler. He doesnt rush, he times his punches and doesnt often throw first. He does start throwing everything hes got when he senses the other guy is hurt.

He is a top 10 MW easily, not sure how he is overrated. TS seems to think that Bisping will beat him easily since bisping is the fighter he described in the op. Ive never thought lombard could beat silva but i am sure he has some great fights at MW and WW if he decides to move down.

Back