Local 12 yr old girl commits suicide.. cyber bully

Geez, I find that to be a cop-out.

The parents were trying everything, wouldn't you if your 12 year old daughter were as distraught as she was? They moved schools..

I find it a little bit distasteful to turn around and blame the victims here.

If the parents tried everything, they would of confiscated her cell phone & closed her social media sites.

I got a 14 year old little angel that wears glasses, and was getting picked on by two girls in her class last year. We complained to the teacher and later the principal, which proved useless as their best suggestion was for us to move her to a new school. I was furious and didn't want my baby having to make new friends in the middle of a school year. So, in a fit of rage, i waited for the kids to be picked up after school and told their dads that I would punch the dad's face in if my little girl came home crying again. One dad pulled me aside and was trying the kids will be kids crap and said he doubted hurting him would stop his daughter. I asked if his wife being raped would have been a better threat or maybe I should pay a dub sack to every kid i know to throw rocks at them whenever they exit their home. I admit I might have gone overboard threatening the wife and kid but I don't when care when it comes to my babies. I just denied the comments when the cops knocked on my door and my baby was never bothered again. Stories like this make me feel better about what i did. I blame the bullies' parents. Some parents are just shit.

Awesome. Good for you man.

People think its so easy to raise a child. Nowadays it's even harder. Social media/pressure and technology have made it worse.

What a shame. Kids are fucking evil these days. However, I still feel the parents have a responsibility to teach her about all this social networking bullshit.

I tend to agree. Its crazy to me how people are getting all aggressive as if the kid deserved that harassment or that it was some how normal.

looking at from the outside and experiencing it are two different things. Enough with my ranting.

If the parents tried everything, they would of confiscated her cell phone & closed her social media sites.

In case you have been in a coma for a few years, many schools use the internet for homework and often students can contact teachers through social media.

Children are not in control of their emotions. That's why they are children.

If you're a parent, how far do you intrude into a child's life? Looks like parents need to monitor their child's social media sites to make sure they aren't being bullied or doing any bullying.

My little girls a year and a half and has spent her entire life at the gym where I teach kickboxing. Stuff like this reaffirms my commitment on teaching her to deal with bullies the old fashioned way.

Imo, phrases like "cyber bullying" and "bullied to death" give too much power to the bullies and make them look like fucking unstoppable super villains. All of these anti bully campaigns never do anything to empower the bullied kids. They just tell the kids to tell an an adult if they are being bullied most of the time that never works.

If i was gonna start an anti bullying campaign i would teach the bullied kids how to grow thicker skin

In other words, you believe that bullying behavior in children/adolescents is innate and cannot be managed by parenting.

You would be wrong.

Right.

You're the type of guy to put on a "#1 dad" shirt and believe that shit.

You're the type of guy who reads a book on "good parenting".

You're the type of guy who doesn't have any kids but will always be there to offer parenting advice.

Fuck you

They did

Imo, phrases like "cyber bullying" and "bullied to death" give too much power to the bullies and make them look like fucking unstoppable super villains. All of these anti bully campaigns never do anything to empower the bullied kids. They just tell the kids to tell an an adult if they are being bullied most of the time that never works.

If i was gonna start an anti bullying campaign i would teach the bullied kids how to grow thicker skin

Oh this is fucking great. It's not the bullies that need to change their behavior, no it's the kids getting bullied who need to work on their behavior.

Great place to start and great campaign idea overall. 10/10 imo

I admit I might have gone overboard threatening the wife and kid but I don't when care when it comes to my babies.

ha, you are probably just goofing on the internet, but you did not go overboard. someone tried bullying my kid it would be open season on the kid and the kids whole fucking family.

ha, you are probably just goofing on the internet, but you did not go overboard. someone tried bullying my kid it would be open season on the kid and the kids whole fucking family.

He did go overboard. I have a daughter and I have something of a bad temper as well but going to the school and threatening to rape a kids parents is idiotic to say the least.

The rape part was bad, but apart from that...

...I probably would've done the same.

So she listened to a girl when she said to do something? That's pretty sad..

What ever happened to becoming rich and powerful and then exacting revenge on your enemies from the past?

billy-madison-20110602014124896-000.jpg

This is why I tell my kids that we're Amish so they're not getting any electronic doodads until they're 20. They'll get teased for being dorks, but that's life being Amish.

Right.

You're the type of guy to put on a "#1 dad" shirt and believe that shit.

You're the type of guy who reads a book on "good parenting".

You're the type of guy who doesn't have any kids but will always be there to offer parenting advice.

Fuck you

Classic Big D. All character attacks and no substance.

are far as the difference between being physically beaten, even regularly, and being verbally abused and harassed / cyber bullying, from personal experience i can say that being beaten up would make me more angry rather than depressed/emotionally scarred/suicidal

when i got beat up i tried to defend myself which often led me to getting beat worse, however i do still its better to attempt to defend oneself

eventually i started just running away which worked well because i became faster than all the other kids

verbal/emotional abuse i've faced has affected me much more deeply and longer lasting so imagining a 12 year old girl suffering from abuse by a group that won't leave her alone, it's very easy for me to see how this would drive kids to suicide whereas getting beat up wouldn't

perhaps that makes me mentally weak

what i wonder about the most is what these bullies get out of it

specifically, when bullies are telling someone to kill them self and then they actually do it i have to wonder if they suddenly feel like the pieces of shit that they are or if they're like "yes i hoped we could get her to actually do it" and then feel good about their power to manipulate people to such extremes

Back