Local 12 yr old girl commits suicide.. cyber bully

Again, someone who doesnt get it. I got beat up once in highschool as a freshman by a group of kids older than me, it was a hazing type thing. It happened and was over with. Not a big deal. I would much rather have had that happen than have had to deal with cyber bullying. (Im 27 so it wasnt an issue when I was in hs anyways)

It's like arguing which is worse, being stabbed or having a cancer. Both are terrible and will kill you, but they get the job done differently.

You're so alpha

overly-manly-men-meme-pain-pills-mints.jpg

overly-manly-man-ansd-steak.jpg
Stop cyber bullying me!
*kills self*

You weren't bullied. Some kids I went to school with got beat up, and made fun of everyday. It wasn't an initiation of any kind. It's because they were considered "losers". At least for them though, once the school day was over, they had their freedom.

The problem with this social media bullshit, is that it's 24/7.

Ya, I wasnt. Thats what Im saying. He was saying getting beat up is worse than cyber bullying. If I was getting beat up on a daily basis that would suck, and be real bullying, but it would be easier to stop than cyber bullying. And like you said, cyber bullying is 24/7, given that even if you delete your stuff, most other kids dont, so there is no escape from it.

Straight up moronic post. Did you read the article? The parents took her out if the school and deleted her fb acct. They probably did everything in their power to help. The fault clearly lies on the bullies.

Agree with you 100% although I'm not sure they deleted their FB account. Did they?

Man, I'm just as fucked up as you would have been.

if you woulda been, in my shoes, who woulda thought
Tanqueray would be somethin that you woulda bought
that woulda made you get a gun and shoot at a cop
I just said it - I ain't know if you'd do it or not

had to finish it bro.

Well, there are different degrees of severity. Did the people make groups talking shit about you? Did you have to find out from a friend that someone took a picture of you, posted it to the thread and there are hundreds of comments of people making fun of you? Maybe its just me, but I think that would affect me a hell of a lot more than getting beat up, especially when I was young.

different opinions i guess. but im sure the kids who made fun of this little girl were more verbally vicious then the people i had to deal with. kids are getting meaner and meaner it seems

Cyber bullying is terrible,i wouldve told her to join sherdog and post in the o.t
to make welcoming lovely new friends.

Anyhow a similar scenario happend in my area with a girl abit older,except she
decided to jump infront of a train,sad really.

Ya, I wasnt. Thats what Im saying. He was saying getting beat up is worse than cyber bullying. If I was getting beat up on a daily basis that would suck, and be real bullying, but it would be easier to stop than cyber bullying. And like you said, cyber bullying is 24/7, given that even if you delete your stuff, most other kids dont, so there is no escape from it.

There is an escape. An easy one. Tell your kids "no" once in a while, and get them off the fucking internet.

Kids aren't any softer these days. Parents are.

Hell man, when I was going to school, you weren't anyone unless you had a $100 pair of sneakers on your feet. You think my parents bought me that shit? No. They gave me cheap Zellers shoes, and told me to deal with it.

different opinions i guess. but im sure the kids who made fun of this little girl were more verbally vicious then the people i had to deal with. kids are getting meaner and meaner it seems

When I was a kid, getting bullied meant getting your ass kicked and humiliated in front of everyone. Not being called gay on a internet chat site.

I look back on kids who were REALLY bullied when I was a kid and I can't begin to imagine how todays kids would have handled it.

There is an escape. An easy one. Tell your kids "no" once in a while, and get them off the fucking internet.

Kids aren't any softer these days. Parents are.

Hell man, when I was going to school, you weren't anyone unless you had a $100 pair of sneakers on your feet. You think my parents bought me that shit? No. They gave me cheap Zellers shoes, and told me to deal with it.

Again, as I said it doesnt matter because every other kid is still on it. What do you do when youre sitting in class and a kid shows you his phone with the facebook page "hereticbd is a whatever' with hundreds of posts talking shit about you? Just blow it off? Not that easy when youre an over emotional 12 year old who wants to be accepted.

When I was a kid, getting bullied meant getting your ass kicked and humiliated in front of everyone. Not being called gay on a internet chat site.

I look back on kids who were REALLY bullied when I was a kid and I can't begin to imagine how todays kids would have handled it.

yep, like i said before, ive been a victim of both and the difference being the internet didnt beat me up

I think that's a misconception. It's not that the kid is being called "gay on an internet chat site." The kid is being verbally humiliated, sometimes in front of her friends and sometimes in private by those she/he considers his/her friends.

These aren't random people as you implied. These are people you know in real life and, as is the case here, for a 12 year old girl it's easy to understand why it can be traumatizing.

yep, like i said before, ive been a victim of both and the difference being the internet didnt beat me up

Are you a 12 year old girl?

Being a victim of both, I'm inclined to think yes :icon_lol: Seriously though, not sure what the point of your post was.

You could go as far as to say, some adults don't belong on social media. Kids are no doubt worse but most tend to learn as they get older that they're acting like dipshits. There's a lot of social pressure to have accounts and shit now, this is definitely the cyber age. My nephew could work an iPad like a pro at 4, Facebook isn't too far ahead. I think young girls are the worst about this shit.

This, just visit the OT and we will see the truth of this.

Again, as I said it doesnt matter because every other kid is still on it. What do you do when youre sitting in class and a kid shows you his phone with the facebook page "hereticbd is a whatever' with hundreds of posts talking shit about you? Just blow it off? Not that easy when youre an over emotional 12 year old who wants to be accepted.

Yeah, but at least that way, it only happens in school. That's the same thing as just being called names in school. If you don't go home, and keep looking at it, you can at least escape it for the rest of the day.

It's a way more complicated issue these days, regardless. It's the whole "priviledged" generation garbage. The "everyone is a winner" bullshit, they teach kids at a very young age. They have no idea how to deal with adversity, because they've been told they're the most special person in the universe since birth. So when shit gets real, their world shatters. If you're getting picked on these days physically, they don't even want you to grow a backbone and defend yourself. Tell a teacher, and everything will be A-OK! Keep hiding under mommy's dress, and things will sort themselves out.

I'm getting a little off the mark here, but my point is this generation is fucked. They're weak, because we're teaching them to be weak.

One of the reasons I'm glad I don't have and now likely never will have children, is because I would be so worried about them getting bullied or made to feel bad at school. It would just do my head in.

I was never really bullied at school, I got by, but I saw it happen and I really don't understand the mindset of people who do it.
It's not about being immature or anything like that, it's something deeper and darker than that, for anyone to make someone elses life a misery for absolutely no reason.

Some of the programs on bullying point out that it could be stopped if everyone that sees it happen would do something about it. Most kids won't confront the bullies because they don't want to become targets. Reporting it to teachers or other adults is advised. Many schools are changing the old policy of having the bullied child move to a different school and are now expelling the students doing the bullying. Those old policies changed because school systems are being sued by the families of victims.

Cyber bullying is a cake walk compared to get jumped by gangs on the walk home.

I don't know why people are so soft nowadays. It's sad she was driven to such lengths over something so insignificant as Facebook. It's that whole everybody gets a medal lack of real parenting bullshit that causes it.

Back