Local 12 yr old girl commits suicide.. cyber bully

Not really. These bullies were persistent in their behavior. If I found out my child was bullying another kid, my child would be forced to apologize in person in my presence make reparations in some way, and I would have constant communication with the victim's parents. There would be significant consequences for any repeated behavior by my child.

Said like the true minority of parents who actually give a damn about their kids. It's sad how few of us there actually are these days.

Not really. These bullies were persistent in their behavior. If I found out my child was bullying another kid, my child would be forced to apologize in person in my presence make reparations in some way, and I would have constant communication with the victim's parents. There would be significant consequences for any repeated behavior by my child.

Worlds-Greatest-Dad-Shirt.jpg

Would you raise my kids for me???

I mean jumping on the parents of the victim.

Right from the second response:

12 years old is too young for social media.
Parents fault for letting her have access to that.
Parents fault for not teaching her how social media works, and the frivolity of cyber bullying.

Yup the parents tried their best and are evidently broken by this.. Distasteful copout blaming the parents imo

I think his problem was with your entire comment and smug sense of entitlement to our awe at your awesome powers of hindsight.

1. Its debatable given the fact that EVERYTHING is on facebook, from your school to your gym, that 12 is too young for social media. You're talking about a medium of communication, not a gun.

2. Her parents deleted her facebook and moved her to another school, it's probably reasonable to assume since they went through that trouble that they attempted resolution with the school first - what more would you have done?

3. It's clear that her parents did have a talk with her about bullying and social media. Did you even read the quoted blurb? We're still talking about an impressionable young girl.

I'm not saying that the bullies are responsible at all for her suicide. Still it's silly - and you should be embarrassed to have done this - to think with such sureness and self satisfaction that the complex issue of suicide can solved with laughably simple absolutes like "no facebook would have solved this" or "all you have to do is tell kids about bullying and it'll fix things".

You have a lot of growing up to do man. Suck my balls.

the-rock-slow-clap.gif

Sad story, but her death is not the "product of bullying," it's the product of her parents not preparing her to emotionally handle the cruelty of the real world.

12 years old is too young for social media.
Parents fault for letting her have access to that.
Parents fault for not teaching her how social media works, and the frivolity of cyber bullying.

Probably like 95% of 12 year olds are on facebook

She committed suicide, she's not a "victim" in the classic sense.

It's a cowardly act and us showing overwhelming sympathy and zero accountability towards those that kill themselves can encourage kids to martyr themselves in response to bullying.

Last edited:
It may sound harsh but kids are a bunch of dumb ass sissies nowadays. Physical and verbal bullying was happening just as bad when I was 12 but somehow all the kids dealt with it and didn't take the easy way out and kill themselves. I also grew up on a tough ass Indian Reservation and most of the kids knew how to defend themselves and they settled their differences the old fashioned way, a good ol knock down, drag out scrap. After the fight, it was done and squashed.

Then over the last 10 years here, more and more kids have been killing themselves and the majority of the time it is over something so stupid. Back in 06 there was 6 kids all in the same class who killed themselves the same way over a few months span. Why did they do it? Their 15 yr old gf broke up with them and they couldn't handle the "heartbreak." Give me a fucking break.

These kids are acting like what happens is the end all, be all of everything and life is too hard so I'm going to kill myself. If you can't handle life at 12 then there is no way in hell you will survive the real world when you become an adult and take on all those much more difficult and trying responsibilities.

She committed suicide, she's not a "victim" in the classic sense.

It's a cowardly act and us showing overwhelming sympathy and zero accountability towards those that kill themselves can encourage kids to martyr themselves in response to bullying.

The victim of bullying, not of suicide.

Back