Lets talk extra-terrestrials

If aliens are aware of us, you can bet your bottom dollar they have scientists studying us, peering into our little rock-pool.

On a universe time-scale, we've literally just dragged our monkey-asses out of the trees, and are now capable of flying into space. For 4 billion years our planet had non-intelligent life. Regardless of how common life is across the universe, it's probably extremely rare to come across a planet at the same stage we are. Any self respecting alien scientist would be studying the shit out of us. Literally. With probes.

I could link dozens of pictures that look extremely convincing. But you would say "probably photoshopped" and to be fair there's no real way I could prove otherwise

1870, definitely no photoshop back then
64769.jpg

That photo is named Frost Architecture.
That's been clearly explained as a folding ruler or some similar object he used to scale a photo of a pile of frost. It's not Mt. Washington if that's what you are assuming.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wik..._1870-71_-_view_17.recto.untilted+cropped.jpg

It look me less than 5 minutes to find that reasonable explanation by doing a neutral search for information. It's exactly things like this that make me believe it's all a bunch of bullshit because....

Over the white house, which makes it extremely unlikely to be top secret US military craft. Mass sighting
1952washdc-56a99c9e5f9b58b7d0fd52cc.jpg

That honestly is photoshopped. That's supposed frames from the 1952 Washington DC incident, which at the time was only radar findings which pilots went to and found nothing. research later indicated they were likely seeing radar errors from weather.

https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/klass_files_volume_52

From what I've read, those photos didn't exist when the incident took place. They were created later.

Honestly your evidence just sucks balls. I don't even have to spend half an hour to find information against those photos being UFOs. It took no effort to find reasonable alternate explanations that don't require some insane explanation.

I agree with some of the posts here. There is almost definitely life outside of Earth and almost definitely not the "Greys" we seen in films or people claim encountered.

One point I want to bring out is that, we believe life requires water, air as basic necessities. Without them, there won't be life. BUT, that's Terrestrial, Earth, living beings requirements. Who's to say the rules applies to every single thing in the entire universe? Scientist are looking for life forms on planets that have similar properties to Earth. Who's to say extra-terrestrials needs what Earthlings need?

Heck, even some species on Earth live in "extreme conditions" that are deemed inhabitable.
Examples are Deep Sea Vents, or Hydrothermal Vents. The temperatures there over boiling point, yet there lives tapeworms, mussels and some other crustaceans.

That's true, but even the most extreme life on Earth is fundamentally based on carbon and the most common elements in the universe. We could absolutely find life built some other way, but right now there is zero proof that it could exist so makes more sense to target our limited resources into searching in nearly planets with similar builds.

That photo is named Frost Architecture.
That's been clearly explained as a folding ruler or some similar object he used to scale a photo of a pile of frost. It's not Mt. Washington if that's what you are assuming.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Summit_Of_Mount_Washington_During_The_Winter_Of_1870-71_-_view_17.recto.untilted+cropped.jpg

It look me less than 5 minutes to find that reasonable explanation by doing a neutral search for information. It's exactly things like this that make me believe it's all a bunch of bullshit because....

That honestly is photoshopped. That's supposed frames from the 1952 Washington DC incident, which at the time was only radar findings which pilots went to and found nothing. research later indicated they were likely seeing radar errors from weather.

https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/klass_files_volume_52

From what I've read, those photos didn't exist when the incident took place. They were created later.

Honestly your evidence just sucks balls. I don't even have to spend half an hour to find information against those photos being UFOs. It took no effort to find reasonable alternate explanations that don't require some insane explanation.

That's true, but even the most extreme life on Earth is fundamentally based on carbon and the most common elements in the universe. We could absolutely find life built some other way, but right now there is zero proof that it could exist so makes more sense to target our limited resources into searching in nearly planets with similar builds.

You really are a buzzkill you know that.

Original-scan-photos-of-submarine-USS-trepang-4-1-ftr1.jpg

I remember seeing a formation of aircrafts in the night sky of Afghanistan. The weird thing is I could only see them through my NVG's. I made sure to look up with my goggles on and off. Just for context, an afghan night is nothing like a city night in the US. Low population and lack of pollution means clear starry nights. Everything was very visable, and yet I saw nothing without my NVG's.

I hadn't really looked into it until recent years. A few months back I Googled UFO's and NVG's, and was relieved to find many similar stories (I was starting to feel like edgy brah).

I know the source is kind of shitty, but it backs up my claims so take it for what it's worth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/21672-invisible-ufos-fill-skies.html

I hope and believe there are outer space beings. I have to hope and believe or else I will go crazy knowing the universe is so dull.

But if you believe in a religion then you too believe in outer space beings. Yes Angels, and Demons exist outside our realm. That makes them like worm hole aliens.

If we exist, aliens exist. Otherwise, we are a one-off and so incredibly special that we were the ultimate accident or created. From what we know about life, we don't know how it starts but once it does, it seems common and not very special. Going by that logic, life must be teeming in the universe as long as the conditions are right.

As for aliens visiting our planet, there is a chance that some alien civilization has sent probes but if you are advanced enough to travel the galaxy, you're probably not going to care about humans. We wouldn't be interesting. Also, if you are that capable, you probably aren't concerned about Earth's resources since you can go anywhere.

I do think there are some interesting sightings out there but I think it's mostly unexplained phenomenon and/or advanced technology being tested by us and other countries. I see no evidence for alien visitation currently.

They probubaly caught broadcasts of Star Trek,Alien, Predator and Star Wars and thought they were documentaries and thought we need to stay the hell out of that Galaxy

They probubaly caught broadcasts of Star Trek,Alien, Predator and Star Wars and thought they were documentaries and thought we need to stay the hell out of that Galaxy
They probably used their Professor X telepathy and read our minds knowing it's just sci-fi TV shows we're watching.

I suspect they are watching Earth and not wanting us to fubar it because there might not be that many habitable planets within their UFO travel range.

They probably used their Professor X telepathy and read our minds knowing it's just sci-fi TV shows we're watching.

I suspect they are watching Earth and not wanting us to fubar it because there might not be that many habitable planets within their UFO travel range.

More like man, these asshats fubared mars, fled to earth and are fucking it up too!

These filthy ape like creatures are bad

Life would obviously exist elsewhere in the universe but as far as having ufos buzzing around the air-space, i don't think so. Distances are too big.
Maybe one day AI from another distant society may make contact.

From a scientific research and historical research point of view there's NOTHING uninteresting about humanity's development. Stop with the myopia.

There are "think outside the box" exercises a lot of you could do with your brains over this topic. Basically anyone in this thread applying any sort of human personification towards alien traits is falling into a trap.

We live x years they do too? We can't fathom multi-millenia/parsec travel but perhaps they can? We generally ignore ants they do too? (not entomologist's by the way, get to a fuggin university) We are aggressive they are too? We project force in the same way they do so they would need to grab land/resources?

While the UFO phenomenon is mostly attention seeking fuckery, it still reveals just how vastly stupid humanity is that we are so small in our ability to think and perceive beyond our own projections and preconceptions.

Last edited:
I love hearing UFO/Alien stories and listen to podcasts on the topic often. I let myself suspend disbelief as I do. That said, I liken it to going to a renaissance fair or civil war re-enactment. If I’m at one, I’ll let myself enjoy pretending it’s real, but I know it’s not.

Most stuff seen is misidentification. Some is military testing classified stuff. But I do believe our government (U.S. and others) has what we would consider shockingly advanced technology that hasn’t been shared. Most of the unclassified military technology we see is approximately 30 years old. Which means to us, the classifued material would seem 30 years advanced to us. In 2048 the unclassified material will be the things they’re actually building right now.

If we exist, aliens exist. Otherwise, we are a one-off and so incredibly special that we were the ultimate accident or created. From what we know about life, we don't know how it starts but once it does, it seems common and not very special. Going by that logic, life must be teeming in the universe as long as the conditions are right.

As for aliens visiting our planet, there is a chance that some alien civilization has sent probes but if you are advanced enough to travel the galaxy, you're probably not going to care about humans. We wouldn't be interesting. Also, if you are that capable, you probably aren't concerned about Earth's resources since you can go anywhere.

I do think there are some interesting sightings out there but I think it's mostly unexplained phenomenon and/or advanced technology being tested by us and other countries. I see no evidence for alien visitation currently.
na ireckon humans would be very interesting to prospective aliens. given they would be explorers their curiosity would get the best of them, might be rare for them to see a species at this moment in its evolution

I don't think we have an infinite universe created just for Earthlings. At the same time, until we have physical proof, there is no reason to believe they've contacted us.

Some pramecium like microorganism can be the first alien we encounter for all we know, can't always assume it's some brilliant, humanoid with advanced technology, that's projection.

Most people seem to agree there is intelligent life in the universe. We are of course limited to our relative observations, speculations and philosophies with the scientific data on ET intelligent life on any scale truly being zero and our reach into even the Milky Way Galaxy being so tiny. The obvious and most astounding barriers for interstellar travel, exploration, and conquest, as we know them, are technology and the size of the observable universe, with respect to distance and time. Let’s investigate from our perspectives what might be realistic reasoning for another civilization of ET species to make contact.

Technology and advancement of civilization as can be imagined is most likely the basis of how far into space might be traveled, for how long, and why. First, intelligent life must develop and advance sufficiently to where technology is feasible to allow interstellar travel. We have to pose the critical question: why would any civilization begin conquests into space?

Stars have cycles. Stars are formed in clouds of gas and dust, known as nebulae. Nuclear reactions at the center or core of stars provides energy to make them shine brightly for long periods of time. The lifetime of stars is important and is based a lot on the size and mass of the star. Massive stars burn their fuel faster than smaller stars and may last only in the hundreds of thousands of years, while smaller stars can shine brightly for billions of years through nuclear reactions. As the stars age and burn their hydrogen they will expand, cool and change color to become red giants. Smaller stars will undergo a slower transition to death, passing through the planetary nebulae stage as a low mass star towards the end of its life as a red giant. The star will become unstable and pulsate, the outer layers ejected by resulting stellar winds. As the outer layers drift away, the core becomes very bright and hot, which is now the white dwarf stage. White dwarfs no longer experience nuclear reactions and instead utilize thermal storage of energy for all heat and light. Over time this radiates way and the star eventually in theory will become a black dwarf, no longer emitting significant heat or light. The time it takes for a white dwarf to reach this stage is calculated to be longer than the age of the universe, however, so we don’t know of any black dwarf stars at this point. Larger mass stars will experience a violent and very energetic death cycle, a supernova, an explosion scattering their remains across the cosmos. As the star runs out of nuclear fuel, the outer layers collapse into the core and explode out, resulting in an ultra-compact core called a neutron star, or possibly a black hole if the star is truly massive. The materials leftover from supernovas may scatter about nearby clouds of gas and dust and lead to new star formation.

Star cycles clearly show evidence that, intelligent life as we know it, cannot be sustained at one place in the universe indefinitely. Although the time frame is vast, eventually an advanced intelligent civilization must move on and conquest space for the survival of the species, settling on ET habitats such as other celestial bodies such as planets or moons. If the technology is advanced enough, a civilization or species may have other reasons to explore space besides the life cycle of a star. The home planet or moon of an ET civilization may run low on resources viable to sustain such a civilization, therefore seeking resources in space may be required to make interstellar moves.

The possible reasons for interstellar exploration most likely relate to survival of the species, resources to sustain the species, and finally, advancement sufficient enough for general and intentional interstellar conquest. These are the primary reasons that we may come into contact with intelligent ET life, not considering worm holes, parallel universes, parallel dimensions or some other sort of existential planes we don’t understand.

Perhaps specific precious resources to a particular species are limited in the universe in such a way that an ET civilization will explore into space specifically for that resource, be it some element, elements, or combination of. Perhaps finding habitable planets or moons is challenging to the point they are extremely difficult to find for particular ET intelligent species, few and far between over the vast distances in space. It seems we would be hard pressed to find another habitable planet anywhere near our solar system after all. Perhaps a species advances to the point of interstellar conquest for the sake of conquest. What can we imagine would be the point? Well, from our perspectives we can only look to the reason as seeking knowledge of the universe. What is there really to explore then? Indeed, the most significant reason for interstellar conquest outside of resource retrieval or habitation would be to make contact with and study other forms of life and intelligent life in the universe. I absolutely believe that if there is intelligent life navigating the cosmos, planet earth and its life would be of major significance, as would any and all signs of intelligent life.

A common theme in this type of discussion is the thought that advanced civilizations wouldn’t care about our planet or life or resources. The significance of finding any intelligent ET life for any intelligent ET species capable of interstellar travel, would likely be profound and astronomical at best, worthwhile of further inquiry at worst. As soon as Earth is discovered by an intelligent ET species, it’s probable that we would be of importance, for many reasons, similar to how the aspect of us finding other life, no matter how intelligent, is vastly important to us. Some basic reasons being philosophical, scientific, medicinal and technological.

There is always an emphasis on the size of the universe and the time (as we understand it) to travel across galaxies and to other galaxies that is difficult to comprehend. Without the advancement ourselves to any sort of near speed of light travel, and without any true contact with another intelligent ET life yet, it only leaves us to our imaginations. Considering this, we can only imagine other intelligent life and advancements of technology by such life, yet should not rule out the possibility that this planet is already of import to ET civilization(s), or that contact, either direct or indirect, has already been made in the past or is continuous for some other reason.

Personally the historical and contemporary 2nd hand evidence is not enough for me to be confident that this is already the case, as I think true belief in such a subjective topic at this time can only be based on personal experience. But it’s definitely reasonable to believe that it could be happening, now, or that it has in the past, or that at some age or time it will happen in the future. It’s really a matter of chance and time. Whether our species will be here for that is an unknown, as we race towards technological advancements and continue our own efforts to seek more knowledge in the cosmos, will be beat the clock and survive long enough to find out?

A possibility: Its not biological ET's in the flesh visiting us, but maybe they developed a really really fucking good AI that they implemented into their drones. Maybe they built 100,000 drones and sent them out in every direction 100k, 500k, or even 10 million years ago. A sufficiently advanced AI would be able to manage navigation/self repair/etc

This is something we almost could do now. If the budget was right. Sure it probably wouldn't be advanced enough to chase and mess around with commercial planes, but I believe we could make drones that have the ability to self-replicate by landing on asteroids/moons/planets and harvesting needed materials

This is an interesting perspective, technological advancement to the point of non-biological autonomous and/or artificially intelligent deep space exploration. Even the mixture of biological and technological advancement has always been fascinating. This could very well be some type of reasonable prerequisite to vast interstellar conquest due to the biological inhibitions of competing with distance and time.

Back