Lets talk extra-terrestrials

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Where do you stand on the alien debate? Its a topic that almost never comes up in conversation yet it may be one of the most important topics in the history of man.

Evidence for:

Thousands of testimonies from high ranking military/pilot/govemployees
Hundreds of documented cases
Stories/paintings from thousands of years ago depicting what could be UFO/aliens
Official government coverups/disinformaiton
Some countries releasing their information/infrared footage of a UFO
Mass sightings

Evidence against:
The footage and pictures is always shit
People lie, witnesses are rarely credible
People are stupid, witnesses are rarely credible
Military black budgets, could just be unrevealed military craft

Personally I think I saw a UFO at night when I was young. I happened to look out of the living room window around 1 a.m. and saw something that REALLY caught my attention. I went outside and watched this huge, rectangular craft slowly approach my house. I recall it being unbelievably low. So low it definitely could not have been a plane. It seemed like it was barely above the tree line. I went and woke my dad up and told him to come outside and look at this shit. It was going really slow so we had plenty of time to get back out there. I asked "is that a UFO!??" to which he said "it must just be a plane or something." I said "but its shaped like a rectangle and has blinking lights completely unlike a plane..." to which he just stared not knowing how to respond.

I was probably only like 12, so I somewhat doubt my memory and wonder if it was completely explainable. I'm a logical person so I actually WANT to believe it was nothing out of the ordinary. But I'll never forget me and my father looking up in our front yard watching this thing for a good 2 minutes before it disappeared behind the trees...

I so badly wish I had a picture or video but this was before cell phones had even begun to become popular.

Until there is physical proof of an alien creature it’s all fantasy wishing and hoax hype.

There are probably aliens.

They’re also probably not abducting random farmers to probe buttholes.

Where do you stand on the alien debate? Its a topic that almost never comes up in conversation yet it may be one of the most important topics in the history of man.

Evidence for:

Thousands of testimonies from high ranking military/pilot/govemployees
Hundreds of documented cases
Stories/paintings from thousands of years ago depicting what could be UFO/aliens
Official government coverups/disinformaiton
Some countries releasing their information/infrared footage of a UFO
Mass sightings

Evidence against:
The footage and pictures is always shit
People lie, witnesses are rarely credible
People are stupid, witnesses are rarely credible
Military black budgets, could just be unrevealed military craft

Personally I think I saw a UFO at night when I was young. I happened to look out of the living room window around 1 a.m. and saw something that REALLY caught my attention. I went outside and watched this huge, rectangular craft slowly approach my house. I recall it being unbelievably low. So low it definitely could not have been a plane. It seemed like it was barely above the tree line. I went and woke my dad up and told him to come outside and look at this shit. It was going really slow so we had plenty of time to get back out there. I asked "is that a UFO!??" to which he said "it must just be a plane or something." I said "but its shaped like a rectangle and has blinking lights completely unlike a plane..." to which he just stared not knowing how to respond.

I was probably only like 12, so I somewhat doubt my memory and wonder if it was completely explainable. I'm a logical person so I actually WANT to believe it was nothing out of the ordinary. But I'll never forget me and my father looking up in our front yard watching this thing for a good 2 minutes before it disappeared behind the trees...

I so badly wish I had a picture or video but this was before cell phones had even begun to become popular.

I think every single UFO and alien story is 100% bullshit. They are either crazy, attention seeking, or just mistaken in their identification. I don't care who it is, I think the stories are bullshit. Don't care if it's a military pilot or someone else with authority. They don't know any better than we do.

That said, I think it's approaching 100% certainty that there is life out in the universe. I'm sure there is intelligent life, unintelligent life and all sorts of things in between. The universe is crazy big and life on Earth evolved with the most common elements on the planet.

So yeah, I'm sure if humans are around long enough that we will expand into the cosmos and find other life. But I most certainly do not believe that aliens are plotting with the government or that the government is hiding them from us or that they are playing around with rednecks and pilots.

There are probably aliens.

They’re also probably not abducting random farmers to probe buttholes.

But think about it... if you’re dead set on probing buttholes wouldn’t you do it to stupid people? I mean it’s not just funnier, they’re less credible. Until aliens get bored and Noam Chomsky’s butthole is torn open into the fifth dimension, Midwest farmers will just have to accept their roles

But think about it... if you’re dead set on probing buttholes wouldn’t you do it to stupid people? I mean it’s not just funnier, they’re less credible. Until aliens get bored and Noam Chomsky’s butthole is torn open into the fifth dimension, Midwest farmers will just have to accept their roles

They could at least show some taste and start abducting alpha sherbros then.

I think every single UFO and alien story is 100% bullshit. They are either crazy, attention seeking, or just mistaken in their identification. I don't care who it is, I think the stories are bullshit. Don't care if it's a military pilot or someone else with authority. They don't know any better than we do.

That said, I think it's approaching 100% certainty that there is life out in the universe. I'm sure there is intelligent life, unintelligent life and all sorts of things in between. The universe is crazy big and life on Earth evolved with the most common elements on the planet.

So yeah, I'm sure if humans are around long enough that we will expand into the cosmos and find other life. But I most certainly do not believe that aliens are plotting with the government or that the government is hiding them from us or that they are playing around with rednecks and pilots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident

What do you make of this? 3 experienced pilots, one a former fighter pilot with over 10,000 hours flying, all saying the same thing and describing the same thing. The pilot described the largest craft as twice the size of an aircraft carrier. Thats pretty fucking big, what natural/normal occurrence could explain that? Personally I learn towards believing him, because he risked sabotaging his entire career to go public with this. In fact he was removed as a pilot and given a desk job for revealing what he saw..

It was either a military craft beyond anything we currently think of as being possible, or alien in nature.

Sure all three definitely COULD be confused or flat out lying, but again they all risked their careers to even talk about this. And gained absolutely nothing from it..

I had a similar experience. The UFO I saw was circular though. It was silent and suspended very low, just over the trees. It was 20 years ago when I was 14. No doubt in my mind aliens have visited earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident

What do you make of this? 3 experienced pilots, one a former fighter pilot with over 10,000 hours flying, all saying the same thing and describing the same thing. The pilot described the largest craft as twice the size of an aircraft carrier. Thats pretty fucking big, what natural/normal occurrence could explain that? Personally I learn towards believing him, because he risked sabotaging his entire career to go public with this. In fact he was removed as a pilot and given a desk job for revealing what he saw..

It was either a military craft beyond anything we currently think of as being possible, or alien in nature.

Sure all three definitely COULD be confused or flat out lying, but again they all risked their careers to even talk about this. And gained absolutely nothing from it..

Literally in the article you link someone suggests that it's likely a classified flight from s stealth bomber.

Just going off my pretty well tuned bullshit detector and logic/reasoning skills, I think it's way more likely that the pilots were confused by advanced technology being tested than it was advanced aliens playing tag with a commercial aircraft.

If sufficient evidence of aliens is produced, I'm happy to accept it. I just haven't seen anything that makes me go "wow that really seems like an extraterrestrial".

Again, civilian and military pilots eyewitness testimony is terrible evidence. They aren't special just because they have the equivalent of an air-truckers license. They have the same flaws as everyone else in discerning what they see and eyewitness testimony is notoriously poor in scientific research.

I just know I can pull a lot of testimony for literally anything. I can probably find a dozen people who saw Tupac in Cuba. The single most important thing I've learned getting older is that people, even important people, are often dumb as fuck.

Show me a clear video of spacecraft or physical evidence and I'll accept it.

Life on Earth is proof of intelligent life in the universe. The notion that we're the only ones in a near-infinite universe is not only ignorant, but arrogant.

The real question is whether or not extra terrestrial beings have visited us. I'll believe as soon as someone with a camera phone that isn't shooting at the resolution of a late model dildo grabs some decent video.

Life on Earth is proof of intelligent life in the universe. The notion that we're the only ones in a near-infinite universe is not only ignorant, but arrogant.

The real question is whether or not extra terrestrial beings have visited us. I'll believe as soon as someone with a camera phone that isn't shooting at the resolution of a late model dildo grabs some decent video.

Yeah I'm totally down with the idea of life outside in the universe. That seems logical that other carbon based life evolved on planets similar to ours. I'm sure life evolved in ways we haven't even thought possible too. I think the real issue is the distance between planets that could hold life and the time frames involved. Humans have only been around and able to even look past our own solar system for a handful of years in a universe that's likely 14 billion years old.

Yeah I'm totally down with the idea of life outside in the universe. That seems logical that other carbon based life evolved on planets similar to ours. I'm sure life evolved in ways we haven't even thought possible too. I think the real issue is the distance between planets that could hold life and the time frames involved. Humans have only been around and able to even look past our own solar system for a handful of years in a universe that's likely 14 billion years old.

It's entirely possible that civilizations have existed long enough to develop technology we couldn't even imagine. But the idea of those civilizations visiting us hinges on the notion that we're the closest or most "interesting".

I think the odds are overwhelming that there is life in the universe outside of Earth. I am skeptical that they visit us.

A possibility: Its not biological ET's in the flesh visiting us, but maybe they developed a really really fucking good AI that they implemented into their drones. Maybe they built 100,000 drones and sent them out in every direction 100k, 500k, or even 10 million years ago. A sufficiently advanced AI would be able to manage navigation/self repair/etc

This is something we almost could do now. If the budget was right. Sure it probably wouldn't be advanced enough to chase and mess around with commercial planes, but I believe we could make drones that have the ability to self-replicate by landing on asteroids/moons/planets and harvesting needed materials

A possibility: Its not biological ET's in the flesh visiting us, but maybe they developed a really really fucking good AI that they implemented into their drones. Maybe they built 100,000 drones and sent them out in every direction 100k, 500k, or even 10 million years ago. A sufficiently advanced AI would be able to manage navigation/self repair/etc

This is something we almost could do now. If the budget was right. Sure it probably wouldn't be advanced enough to chase and mess around with commercial planes, but I believe we could make drones that have the ability to self-replicate by landing on asteroids/moons/planets and harvesting needed materials

Absolutely! It's entirely possible and I don't discount it as impossible, just highly improbable. I see UFO stories as the new boogieman. People used to tell stories about what was hiding in the woods, and now that we know what's out there they've extended it to the next frontier.

I just don't think the evidence exists right now to put my cards in with UFO's being alien in nature.

Back