Lets talk extra-terrestrials

The possibility of life (intelligent or otherwise) ? I certainly HOPE so.

If so then why haven’t they contacted us? Could it be a technological reason, not advanced enough? Maybe they are unaware of our existence?

Perhaps, and I’m just spitballing here, but maybe they view us as ants, why bother to crush us when there is nothing to gain, or maybe, they have an agreement as a galactic council that humankind should advance itself and search the vast cosmos when they are ready?

Personally I think they have been here or seen us and have no hope as they realized we are a self hating destructive race destined to destroy each other.

I do hope though, that if aliens exist that they would be able to guide us and answer what simple questions we have either that or just end the debate of religion and the after life (if they knew).

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

Douglas Adams - Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Once we make first contact and meet the aliens, we enact gods revelation, and ascend in the rapture. Let's hold off on that.

That's why it so sad that humans fight among each other over such petty stuff. Instead of conquering space.
Every time you watch an alien movie about a more advanced alien race attacking earth.
We could be the attacking race and shape the universe how we like it.
Some lifeforms might not even have a concept of war. We can steal their natural resources, territory, and females without much of a fight.
Everyone else just gets space nuked.

The reason why most others films makes aliens the invaders, is to depict humans as the victims. People will root for the victims/underdogs so when the humans in the films win, we will be tricked to believe it's a better film than it really was because of adrenaline dump/dumb. Happy ending and shit like that.

The possibility of life (intelligent or otherwise) ? I certainly HOPE so.

If so then why haven’t they contacted us? Could it be a technological reason, not advanced enough? Maybe they are unaware of our existence?

Perhaps, and I’m just spitballing here, but maybe they view us as ants, why bother to crush us when there is nothing to gain, or maybe, they have an agreement as a galactic council that humankind should advance itself and search the vast cosmos when they are ready?

Personally I think they have been here or seen us and have no hope as they realized we are a self hating destructive race destined to destroy each other.

I do hope though, that if aliens exist that they would be able to guide us and answer what simple questions we have either that or just end the debate of religion and the after life (if they knew).

Or maybe they are just made out of something different all together..

Maybe they and their planets consist of Dark Matter.

We can't see or detect them and vise versa...

This is the shit I love thinking about. People always assume they would need to be like us with arms and legs and eyes etc. Fuck, somewhere out there there may be sentient gas clouds that just drift through space

I agree with some of the posts here. There is almost definitely life outside of Earth and almost definitely not the "Greys" we seen in films or people claim encountered.

That seems logical that other carbon based life evolved on planets similar to ours.

One point I want to bring out is that, we believe life requires water, air as basic necessities. Without them, there won't be life. BUT, that's Terrestrial, Earth, living beings requirements. Who's to say the rules applies to every single thing in the entire universe? Scientist are looking for life forms on planets that have similar properties to Earth. Who's to say extra-terrestrials needs what Earthlings need?

Heck, even some species on Earth live in "extreme conditions" that are deemed inhabitable.
Examples are Deep Sea Vents, or Hydrothermal Vents. The temperatures there over boiling point, yet there lives tapeworms, mussels and some other crustaceans.

That's why it so sad that humans fight among each other over such petty stuff. Instead of conquering space.
Every time you watch an alien movie about a more advanced alien race attacking earth.
We could be the attacking race and shape the universe how we like it.
Some lifeforms might not even have a concept of war. We can steal their natural resources, territory, and females without much of a fight.
Everyone else just gets space nuked.
You can have their women to yourself if they look like this
images

Yes, we have zero knowledge so the possibilities are amazing, totally agree

This is the shit I love thinking about. People always assume they would need to be like us with arms and legs and eyes etc. Fuck, somewhere out there there may be sentient gas clouds that just drift through space

And if that is the case imagine being from that giant gas cloud made up of alchoal...

No wonder they ain't getting shit done..

Alien life exists, fact.

Has earth been visited by sentient beings from another planet? No idea.

I would imagine not unless you have some kind of technology that defies gravity/wind resistance

you seem to be mocking me while implying it was obviously human and likely a military craft. Well I dont live near any military base and I doubt its SOP to fly 200 feet off the ground right over houses in a subdivision in bum fuck nowhere
Maybe the Aliens are magnetic or have a large confined magnetic force inside of their copper ship?

The reason why most others films makes aliens the invaders, is to depict humans as the victims. People will root for the victims/underdogs so when the humans in the films win, we will be tricked to believe it's a better film than it really was because of adrenaline dump/dumb. Happy ending and shit like that.
You're on to something. Need to make a movie where earth's resources are depleted and we attempt to invade others.

And a klaatu barada niktu you, sir.

He's got them really little legs.

Where do you stand on the alien debate? Its a topic that almost never comes up in conversation yet it may be one of the most important topics in the history of man.

Evidence for:

Thousands of testimonies from high ranking military/pilot/govemployees
Hundreds of documented cases
Stories/paintings from thousands of years ago depicting what could be UFO/aliens
Official government coverups/disinformaiton
Some countries releasing their information/infrared footage of a UFO
Mass sightings

Evidence against:
The footage and pictures is always shit
People lie, witnesses are rarely credible
People are stupid, witnesses are rarely credible
Military black budgets, could just be unrevealed military craft

Personally I think I saw a UFO at night when I was young. I happened to look out of the living room window around 1 a.m. and saw something that REALLY caught my attention. I went outside and watched this huge, rectangular craft slowly approach my house. I recall it being unbelievably low. So low it definitely could not have been a plane. It seemed like it was barely above the tree line. I went and woke my dad up and told him to come outside and look at this shit. It was going really slow so we had plenty of time to get back out there. I asked "is that a UFO!??" to which he said "it must just be a plane or something." I said "but its shaped like a rectangle and has blinking lights completely unlike a plane..." to which he just stared not knowing how to respond.

I was probably only like 12, so I somewhat doubt my memory and wonder if it was completely explainable. I'm a logical person so I actually WANT to believe it was nothing out of the ordinary. But I'll never forget me and my father looking up in our front yard watching this thing for a good 2 minutes before it disappeared behind the trees...

I so badly wish I had a picture or video but this was before cell phones had even begun to become popular.

I'm going to do all of you a big favor and stay out of this thread.

I know too much and would hurt many a brain.

6Pp--_.gif

Don't tag me with the right set of questions....

I've personally never seen any UFOs but I'm not denying the existence of them either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back