Let's show some level of respect to the man who is gifting us fans with a SUPER FIGHT

Conor is going to lose and the meltdown on this site is going to be glorious.

Just because it is a battle between weight classes does not make it a super fight.
Actually, it does. A fight between champions in different weight classes is by and large considered a superfight. Not sure what you think you mean here.

Put your money where your mouth is and do a prop bet for Conor to win in under 1 minute then if you really believe all this nutgobbling nonsense.
Under a minute? He's not fighting James Toney.

Actually, it does. A fight between champions in different weight classes is by and large considered a superfight. Not sure what you think you mean here.

Context matters. It would be considered a super fight by more people if both guys were dominant champs.

One observation I have made lately on Sherdog...no shortage of admiration threads for Conor. That aside, I'm thankful he's making the move.
Lol no shortness indeed there hasn't been a day since July without seeing his name all over the place I respect his talent but his devoted fans are making it hard for me to like him now -_-

Stopped reading at Anderson only taking "circus fights."

I hespect you RDA for your role in gifting us fans with a super fight.
yep same here,RDA is the man,IMHO he shouldn't even being thinking about fighting McG in the conditions that were presented to him,if he loses is all the way back to contention status.
Mcg have the luxury to fight without worrying about losing.
Get a beat down still FW champion,get a win he clogs the LW division as a 2 div.champion.
with is funny considering that he supposed to be a LW to begin with and fought as a FW but his supporters say "he is the man for challenging a category above" .

Yep I agree with mostly everything you said TS. Just keep in mind though that Heavyweights can't challenge a higher weight class.

Let me be clear

THIS IS NOT A SUPER FIGHT.

A super fight takes place between 2 very well established fighters and/or champions. They can be from different organizations, or different division within the same organization.

While on a great hot streak, Conor most certainly is NOT a well established champion. He JUST recently started fighting elite level competition, and has yet to even defend his title. And to be fair RDA isn't all that established either.

While I’m aware the UFC can market this however they want because they depend on casual fans who don’t even follow the sport to give them their money, actual MMA fans should obviously know better.

While obviously it’s a fight I will watch, and I am interested in, I feel it’s an embarrassment to the sport, and very dumb and ridiculous way to try and make a quick buck.

This idea they’ve come up with is going to blow up in the face and they will nobody to blame but themselves.
AMEM!

His kidneys are definitely thankful. I'm happy the fight is happening, but win or lose Conor probably would have moved up to LW anyway.

I appreciate having a new guy to hate. The sport was boring as fuck before Conor came along, that I will admit. I also respect his ability to throw strikes when the other fighter just wants to stand and look at him. He leaves no dead space in fighting.

I'll give you that. Respect to Conor no doubt.

It's refreshing to have someone just go all in and big play it safe.

yawn... sherdog conor fans make it hard for someone who already doesnt like him to even consider appreciating anything he does.

plus conor's mouth makes even appreciating his skills difficult. I feel you homie.

for the TS - it's a double edged sword. While I definitely appreciate his willingness to move up and challenge RDA, at the same time his lack of grasp on reality makes him difficult to hear. I do my best to avoid his drivel and just watch his fights. It's a chore though.

Not a superfight, but I can respect everything Conor has done far. Every time I doubt him he proves me wrong. Anyone that can KO Aldo in 13 seconds has my respect. That being said, I hope RDA merks him. Probably won't happen though. Conor will make him look silly after he destroys him under a minute. Just watch.

Conor vs RDA isn't a superfight.. Just sayin...

I don't know why i clicked on a thread when i could already tell that TS has a conor mcgregor av.

McGregor isn't doing anything for THE FANS, he's trying to get as many big fights in as short a period as he possibly can. If you're delusional enough to think that he is giving a gift to the fans then you probably have a conor mcgregor avatar

Im not sure i understand the logic. What is apparent is that he has supreme confidence in himself amd is willing to challenge himself. As opposed to other champions who seem to want to fight as infrequently as possible. Whether he is doing it for himself or the fans is beside the point.

I completely get why people would hate the personality... But i dont see how someone could not respect the competitive spirit the guy has. Particularly an enthusiaste of the sport.

Well aldo coach asked Dana and he said "you have to give up the FW belt" who knows how many fighters would move up and fight for the title above if Dana offered it to them without losing the belt.

GSP would never move up and fight silva and every champ that one the LHW belt could never hold it long enough until jones came along.

Back