Let's show some level of respect to the man who is gifting us fans with a SUPER FIGHT

JagWar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In a time where fighters are less about the "any time, any where" warrior Bushido mentality of our past legendary fighters that we cherish. In a time where super fights are only dreamed of, and a rare thing to witness between 2 champions fighting each other in their prime...

You had Anderson Silva who would only go up for circus fights. Making all the excuses in the book to not go up and fight the man who KO'd his team mate in Shogun who has expressed his willingness to fight the "Goat".

You had GSP who was a great champion but who also wanted to keep his winning record no matter what. Taking no risk what so ever.

You got mighty mouse who wants to be payed millions of dollars to move up.

You got Jones who keeps extending his HW debut date.

In Muay Thai you got Buakaw who refuses to fight another Thai in Yodsanklai.

Lets not even talk about the joke that is boxing.

There is only 1 fighter who has the mentality and that resembles the legend that is BJ Penn...

You would think Conor McGregor would receive more praise then he has making this jump to 155 to challenge a god damn monster in RDA who has looked unstoppable, showing no weakness to his game. Not only does he look past RDA, he see's him self fighting for the 170lbs title in the near future!!! You will NEVER find another fighter like this in the history of combat sports.

Conor McGregor wont be staying in this game for too long. He is looking to get rich and get out. I am not saying to love or root for the guy. But lets recognize and respect the things he has done and plans on doing. He is making moves that could make him a thing of legend in the world of combat sports.

Let us recognize and respect this sort of mind that has the talent to go with it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Anyone who can't appreciate Conor is -- as Uncle Dana would say -- a goof.

It's not as big cause Conor and RDA do not have the longevity that Anderson and GSP had, but I'll give him props for going up regardless. It's pretty daring.

Anderson demolished Forrest who was fresh off a title loss at the time. He wasn't really ducking anyone politics just kept him from fighting for the 205 belt. Agree on everything else though

Well, this is really just more Conor masturbation, but I liked the presentation.

Anyone who can't appreciate Conor is -- as Uncle Dana would say -- a goof.

kRrkfUU.gif

yawn... sherdog conor fans make it hard for someone who already doesnt like him to even consider appreciating anything he does.

In a time where fighters are less about the "any time, any where" warrior Bushido mentality of our past legendary fighters that we cherish. In a time where super fights are only dreamed of, and a rare thing to witness between 2 champions fighting each other in their prime...

You had Anderson Silva who would only go up for circus fights. Making all the excuses in the book to not go up and fight the man who KO'd his team mate in Shogun who has expressed his willingness to fight the "Goat".

You had GSP who was a great champion but who also wanted to keep his winning record no matter what. Taking no risk what so ever.

You got mighty mouse who wants to be payed millions of dollars to move up.

You got Jones who keeps extending his HW debut date.

In Muay Thai you got Buakaw who refuses to fight another Thai in Yodsanklai.

Lets not even talk about the joke that is boxing.

There is only 1 fighter who has the mentality and that resembles the legend that is BJ Penn...

You would think Conor McGregor would receive more praise then he has making this jump to 155 to challenge a god damn monster in RDA who has looked unstoppable, showing no weakness to his game. Not only does he look past RDA, he see's him self fighting for the 170lbs title in the near future!!! You will NEVER find another fighter like this in the history of combat sports.

Conor McGregor wont be staying in this game for too long. He is looking to get rich and get out. I am not saying to love or root for the guy. But lets recognize and respect the things he has done and plans on doing. He is making moves that could make him a thing of legend in the world of combat sports.

Let us recognize and respect this sort of mind that has the talent to go with it.

Thank you.

taxi-drive-clap_done_.gif

I hespect you RDA for your role in gifting us fans with a super fight.

Just because it is a battle between weight classes does not make it a super fight.

I have to give conor props, he doesnt bullshit. Going straight for the gold without any tuneups or lame mismatches.

McGregor for me is in the same space as Lesnar and Jon Jones are. Not invested in his fights as a fan or hater as the results don't affect me but I like him because like Jones and Lesnar you know he is coming out to fight and will put on a show.

Having said that two champions are fighting but this is not a superfight. Both are new champions so that in my mind doesn't make it a superfight. It's high profile because of Conor but if Mendes had beat Conor then Aldo and this fight was made don't think most people would call this a superfight

Just because it is a battle between weight classes does not make it a super fight.
youre right.....its the fact that they are both champions that makes it a superfight. Henderson vs thatch...not a suprtfight.....

rda vs conor.....definitely a superfight. the only fight ever like it in the history of the sport is gsp vs penn 2....

yawn... sherdog conor fans make it hard for someone who already doesnt like him to even consider appreciating anything he does.
Yeah most of them but the "dos anjos is going to smash mcG" threads are wack too. Yes?

I don't know why i clicked on a thread when i could already tell that TS has a conor mcgregor av.

McGregor isn't doing anything for THE FANS, he's trying to get as many big fights in as short a period as he possibly can. If you're delusional enough to think that he is giving a gift to the fans then you probably have a conor mcgregor avatar

youre right.....its the fact that they are both champions that makes it a superfight. Henderson vs thatch...not a suprtfight.....

rda vs conor.....definitely a superfight. the only fight ever like it in the history of the sport is gsp vs penn 2....
Yes! To move up in weight with a belt to fight a beast like Dos Anjos he deserves it!

based on the title and the truth,

i agree.

its about time Dana got some credit.

The true only one GOAT.
There will never be someone like Conor again.

The rest are just basic, stiff, and equal fighters.

After he beats RDA inside 1 round, it will be a fact.

And it already is a fact for those who knows anything about fights. He is the best in every thing he does. No one can talk like him, hit like him, fight like him, move like him, wrestle like him, strike like him.

When he hit, they fall.

Back