Let's show some level of respect to the man who is gifting us fans with a SUPER FIGHT

Agreed 100%

The ONLY legitimate criticism would be that he hasn't fought Frankie (which would clean out the division).

Even looking past giving Aldo a rematch, which IMO Aldo should have to earn (I hate immediate rematches unless it's a draw), the criticism for Conor can only be attributed to being a fan of another fighter that hes clowned or disrespected.

Either that or you are dislike a guy who's cocky and think a martial artist should be quiet, humble, and timid when not in combat like Fedor or GSP.

What makes me such a fan of Conor is his Bushido mentality of anytime, anywhere, which is also what made me such a big fan of Wand and BJ Penn back in the day, which is "I don't care how big or bad you are, if I touch your chin enough with my fists I will put you to sleep"

I respect Conor for moving back to LW to take on RDA, but I also respect Anderson, GSP, and Jon Jones for reigning in their divisions, clearing them, and taking on all styles/contenders presented to them.

Anderson was a WW before moving up to MW and he has also taken a couple fights at LHW, one over the former LHW champion Forrest who he dominated. Anderson found success in 3 different weight divisions.

GSP reigned over a very strong WW division on took on all styles.

Jon Jones took over a division where no champion was able to hold the belt and reign, a division that was universally considered the best division in MMA.

Anyone who can't appreciate Conor is -- as Uncle Dana would say -- a goof.

Dana was the one who made super fights happen.

Conor is not at all unique for wanting to fight for another belt while keeping his safety at home.

Conor is a great fighter but in no way a greater fighter than those who have come before him.

Anyone who can't appreciate Conor is -- as Uncle Dana would say -- a goof.

Dana was the one who made super fights happen.

Conor is not at all unique for wanting to fight for another belt while keeping his safety at home.

Conor is a great fighter but in no way a greater fighter than those who have come before him.

I respect Conor for moving back to LW to take on RDA, but I also respect Anderson, GSP, and Jon Jones for reigning in their divisions, clearing them, and taking on all styles/contenders presented to them.

Anderson was a WW before moving up to MW and he has also taken a couple fights at LHW, one over the former LHW champion Forrest who he dominated. Anderson found success in 3 different weight divisions.

GSP reigned over a very strong WW division on took on all styles.

Jon Jones took over a division where no champion was able to hold the belt and reign, a division that was universally considered the best division in MMA.

And all of them wanted to challenge for another belt while keeping theirs safe.

If Conor vacated his belt to challenge for another that would be the stuff of legend and made him truly unique.

Maybe if he fought more than 1,5 times a year on average they would let him. He would be defending each belt in alternating years had he won.

12 title fights in just over 6 years.........um gotta to question your maths (and intelligence).

Couldnt have said it better myself. Conor is a no bullshit no fear fighter. He doesnt need these 6 month periods to prepare for fights against monsters. He ko's Aldo in December and looks to move up and fight the LW monster in March. Whether or not his motivation is money is besides the point, at the end of the day the guy is giving us what we want; a champ that fights regularly, hypes fights, has a fun style to watch, is a finisher, and who isnt afraid to step up to the plate and have real superfights.

Just because it is a battle between weight classes does not make it a super fight.

Straight hate. You conveniently forgot to mention they are both the current champion of their respective divisions.

It's a super fight. Deal with it

a man with 0 title defenses and only 2 ppv main-events under his name does not qualify for a superfight.

a man with 0 title defenses and only 2 ppv main-events under his name does not qualify for a superfight.

And so it has been decided by the UFC super fight committee. Conor does not meet the criteria....

you're welcomed to join the club once you acquire some common sense.
sdrG18jS9os2WUuIKJvbMAD_NxuZTXKw66B8jCBk3PYi4MjjWxODuuaxMnvZcCiPmK9-sfmvAvsyotrzcJ0Um8pxbZXxKZeAgZp_N1mlEZmbB1bNArCudQ=w250-h250-nc

yawn... sherdog conor fans make it hard for someone who already doesnt like him to even consider appreciating anything he does.
Only if you are a weak minded individual.

What's the criteria for a super fight if champion vs champion doesn't qualify?
a champion isn't avoiding an obvious contender in his division in favor of a big money fight and easier weight cut.

0 title defenses. Common sense will explain the rest to you once you find it.

You don't qualify as an authority to state that "a man with 0 title defenses and only 2 ppv main-events under his name does not qualify for a superfight."

Like seriously, who tf are YOU?

a champion isn't avoiding an obvious contender in his division in favor of a big money fight and easier weight cut.

0 title defenses. Common sense will explain the rest to you once you find it.
Nonsense, he's arguably the biggest MMA star ever, and except from Frankie he's beaten all the other legit contenders at FW, RDA last 3 wins where Benson, Pettis and Cowboy.

2 x champs with those resumes = a super fight.

Back