Let's show some level of respect to the man who is gifting us fans with a SUPER FIGHT

Let me be clear

THIS IS NOT A SUPER FIGHT.

A super fight takes place between 2 very well established fighters and/or champions. They can be from different organizations, or different division within the same organization.

While on a great hot streak, Conor most certainly is NOT a well established champion. He JUST recently started fighting elite level competition, and has yet to even defend his title. And to be fair RDA isn't all that established either.

While I’m aware the UFC can market this however they want because they depend on casual fans who don’t even follow the sport to give them their money, actual MMA fans should obviously know better.

While obviously it’s a fight I will watch, and I am interested in, I feel it’s an embarrassment to the sport, and very dumb and ridiculous way to try and make a quick buck.

This idea they’ve come up with is going to blow up in the face and they will nobody to blame but themselves.

Says who? Superfight has always meant champion vs champion. Period. How is conor not established? Even RDA has put together a decent string of victories. I find it funny that this fight is almost without precedent in the history of the sport. And yet we still have guys trying to say its not a superfight.

That still doesn't excuse the notion that Conor is doing something that Anderson didn't. Even if we say Anderson is a natural 185lb fighter he still fought at 205lb. Which means Conor would still have to fight at 170lb to do the same thing.

You don't have to critique a completely unrelated fighter to make a point about how great another fighter is.

Conor fighting for the 155lb belt is awesome. He isn't however someone who is going into unchartered territory. He is a 155lber returning to the division he started his career in.

Probably the GOAT of moving up is Hendo. Started at 174lb then won fights against P4P ranked fighters right up to HW.

Funny thing is conor agrees with you. He says he is 155er. The challenge is 170. The more impressive thing is his ability to cut weight to 145 and still dominate. Note, anderson was never willing to meet gsp at 170.

Mc Gregor is fucking awesome. He gave mma a fresh spark of life and energy. Like someone said before, he is a very smart guy and wont stay long enough to get permanent physical damage. So i better watch him while i can.

Aldo tried to move up, but Dana said he couldn't hold both belt.

Well aldo coach asked Dana and he said "you have to give up the FW belt" who knows how many fighters would move up and fight for the title above if Dana offered it to them without losing the belt.

GSP would never move up and fight silva and every champ that one the LHW belt could never hold it long enough until jones came along.

I can understand dana... Aldo was hell to deal with. Guy was not very active and basically refused to fight outside brazil for whatever reason.

Mc Gregor is fucking awesome. He gave mma a fresh spark of life and energy. Like someone said before, he is a very smart guy and wont stay long enough to get permanent physical damage. So i better watch him while i can.

I don't believe that. That's what they said about Ali. Conor is addicted to the game and will try desperately to end up on a winning streak, racking up unnecessry damage.

I've never been a big fan of the hardcore 'fight hype' talk. Generally I ignore it so it doesn't really bother me so much, its just not my personal preference.

I would rather see MMA (read: the UFC) run as a sport and meritocracy and the more outlandish statements is rewarded the further we get from sport. Suffice to say, the current landscape is more entertainment than sport, so I don't hold it against guys like Chael and Conor who became multimillionaires by being outrageous talkers.

What is most impressive to me about Conor is he is the rare fighter who answers the call of history. Like him or hate him, BJ Penn's courage could not be disputed. These are special fighters - they desire the biggest challenge that can be presented to them.

What Conor has done by disputing the lightweight belt will be written in history, win or lose. For this, I am both impressed and grateful.

Aldo tried to move up, but Dana said he couldn't hold both belt.

Maybe if he fought more than 1,5 times a year on average they would let him. He would be defending each belt in alternating years had he won.

... he's moving up to his regular weight class, it's awesome what he's doing but let's not act like he's undersized for lw.

It is not comparable to RJJ winning a hw title in boxing, hell probably not even comparable to Kaoklai in k-1.

Still cool tho, but this once ever bullshit is tiresome.

Funny thing is conor agrees with you. He says he is 155er. The challenge is 170. The more impressive thing is his ability to cut weight to 145 and still dominate. Note, anderson was never willing to meet gsp at 170.
The heavier belt is always the more prestigious belt.

Yes thank you for blessing us with the super fight of a champion with 1 defense vs a champion with 0 defenses.

#1 P4P Silva vs #2 P4P GSP who cleaned out their divisions was a super fight.

He's not even going up in weight. He's just going back to his natural weight class...

5CBqHZx.png
hi-res-8683ea85d0b97755c98cf34f6661967e_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:
I do not view this as a superfight. It's a new champ vs. a new champ. Not really very "super".

Well, this is really just more Conor masturbation, but I liked the presentation.
Nothing wr
I've never been a big fan of the hardcore 'fight hype' talk. Generally I ignore it so it doesn't really bother me so much, its just not my personal preference.

I would rather see MMA (read: the UFC) run as a sport and meritocracy and the more outlandish statements is rewarded the further we get from sport. Suffice to say, the current landscape is more entertainment than sport, so I don't hold it against guys like Chael and Conor who became multimillionaires by being outrageous talkers.

What is most impressive to me about Conor is he is the rare fighter who answers the call of history. Like him or hate him, BJ Penn's courage could not be disputed. These are special fighters - they desire the biggest challenge that can be presented to them.

What Conor has done by disputing the lightweight belt will be written in history, win or lose. For this, I am both impressed and grateful.

An opinion expressed like this is easy to respect, even if it is disagreed with. Awesome post, I wish I could 'like' it multiple times.

I do not view this as a superfight. It's a new champ vs. a new champ. Not really very "super".
But surely part of that is due to who each champ had to beat in order to win his belt? Conor has beaten almost every elite FW with the exception of Frankie. RDA has beaten Bendo, Pettis, Cowboy and Nate Diaz in a row. That's nuts. Add to that the ridiculous momentum Conor has gained in his title run, and the fact that he beat the only UFC FW champ ever in record breaking time in front of the biggest PPV audience in years...

That's what makes this a superfight.

Nothing wr

An opinion expressed like this is easy to respect, even if it is disagreed with. Awesome post, I wish I could 'like' it multiple times.
How did a post about masturbation sneak in there....? Oh well, masturbation is cool with me too.

Yes I agree with that you say and Conor is my favorite fighter but RDA should get just as much if not more props. He's risking losing his belt to a guy coming from a smaller division (even tho they are pretty much the same) and at worst Conor losses to a champ in the higher weight class. All things considering RDA is taking most of the risks here, but if anything he'll be a rich man after March.

But surely part of that is due to who each champ had to beat in order to win his belt? Conor has beaten almost every elite FW with the exception of Frankie. RDA has beaten Bendo, Pettis, Cowboy and Nate Diaz in a row. That's nuts. Add to that the ridiculous momentum Conor has gained in his title run, and the fact that he beat the only UFC FW champ ever in record breaking time in front of the biggest PPV audience in years...

That's what makes this a superfight.

I would agree that its the biggest fight that we have seen in awhile (or one of the biggest). But I still wouldn't personally call it a superfight. Neither guy is done in his respective division despite the good wins that led to getting the title.

People will finally recognize Conor's impact on mma when he's gone.

Just the truth here, the people trying to bring him down will waste away but his legacy in mma will stand the test of time.

I understand why there's haters, but just realize now that you can have an open mind and recognize that you're living through a great time in mma the sport we all love.

Everyone will learn eventually.

Back