Least impressive Champ

To me it has to be Lawler, won in the least convincing way and has no defenses

Fair point. His last victory was probably the least impressive, although his overall road to the title has been the exact opposite.

Don't bother,it's like he only had 1 fight in hiss career for most sherdoggers.People just seem to forget every other fight where he looked like crap.
You got rekt son. Own it and move on.

WW is kinda weak atm. Honestly.

Heavyweight is the weakest mens division and its not even close.

And yet a HW title fight is capable of headlining a PPV, but the men's 125 and WMMA is not. If your statement is true, I wonder why that is. Rhonda insists on fighting in Weidman's wake because she knows that is the only way to make any money on her PPV points.

And yet a HW title fight is capable of headlining a PPV, but the men's 125 and WMMA is not. If your statement is true, I wonder why that is. Rhonda insists on fighting in Weidman's wake because she knows that is the only way to make any money on her PPV points.

UFC 157: 450K PPV buys.
170:350k
do you even watch mma?
Rondas only problem is lack of credible challengers. She's very popular.

i can't believe it took until the 2nd page for someone to mention the women's strawweight champion (and even by the 3rd page, only like..3 people have picked her)

it's her and there's not even a remote close 2nd (can't believe people would say ronda when strawweight lady--who's name I can't even be bothered to remember is an option. At least Ronda is dominating everyone in a way we've barely ever even seen in men's MMA. What's her name 115 girl actually had a decently close fight when she won the belt and it's a joke of a division)

least impressive to most impressive

1.what's her name 115 strawweight champion
2.Robbie Lawler (simply because not only is the current WW champion still a placeholder for GSP until he either comes back or is out long enough to not be relevant but also because I don't even feel Robbie is the best current active WW. I think he loses a rematch to Rory, he loses to Hector Lombard, and obviously him and Hendricks is also a very close fight
3. T.J. Dillishaw but mainly cause he won it as an underdog and has only defended once against some guy they found at the last minute...who was making his UFC debut..pretty bad
4.Werdum -he's an interim champion that any sane person would admit is at least a 3 to 1 underdog against the real champion and when he won his interim championship he did so against mark hunt who was fighting on short notice and mark hunt made him look BAD. The fight ending knee was the one and only thing Werdum did in the entire fight. It was like... duffee vs russow

The rest of the champions are very impressive to me--but I'll continue listing just for the heck of it
5.Aldo - he's great in many ways but his last fight was a little too close for comfort
6.Pettis would be the lowest of the champions that really impress me but only because he's only had one defense.. I wasn't sold on him at all before that and if this thread were made before that he'd be on the other side of this list but he looked great against Gilbert and I was very impressed. I won't be picking against him anytime soon.

Realistically I should have Aldo ahead of Pettis for how many times Aldo has defended...but dammit I just love how well Pettis looked in his last fight, sorry Aldo, the "what have you done for me lately" attitude of MMA effects us all.

7.Chris Weidman - he'd be higher up the list had he beaten the breaks off Machida, but instead he looked a little more human (compared to the rest of the list at least)

8. Jon Jones - he's incredible, but he dropped a round or two arguably against cormier and some would argue at least that much if not more against guss...

9. Ronda Rousey - she's so good she makes the rest of the division look like a joke, the worst thing I can say about her is that Tate managed to survive longer than people thought she would... and if that's the worst I can say, honestly Ronda has a great argument for being on top of this list.

10. Might Mouse --but she's not because I think Mighty Mouse is in many ways like Ronda except with better competition. Sure, he doesn't finish as quickly but he dominates completely and is never in danger. It's been since his first title fight that anyone has even really given him trouble. I'm actually starting to buy the idea that he's the p4p best.

11. Cain Velasquez --but p4p means about as much as comic book what if's... Cain Velasquez is King. All Hail the King. And while I am admittingly given his weight class some consideration, he honestly has a very valid argument for having this spot even P4P. The only person who could threaten him, Cain managed to find a gameplan that nuetralized him and thus Cain beat his ass twice.. and everyone else walking into the cage against Cain is at least a 3 to 1 underdog if not worse. All hail the king.

It is interesting that you make that comment considering that Cain has fought less of the Top 10 on the heavyweight fighters than any other champion except maybe TJ Dillshaw. And at least Dillashaw is staying healthy.

Cain beat JDS 2 out 3 times and beat a fading Silva twice.

Cain hasn't fought
Werdum
Browne
Hunt
Miocic
Arlovski
Roy Nelson

I am not going to say part of these guys would have any chance at him, but either way his injuries have kept him from having much of any record so the chances that one of these guys is his kryptonite is very possible.

Hopefully Cain comes back healthy. He will beat all those guys you listed. Why would you add Roy and Arlovski? Haha Cain easily destroys them! Werdum is an interesting matchup, Browne poses some problems, Miocic has excellent boxing and TDD.. Hunt just has a punchers chance!

Aldo. Its like he's a lite version of how he was in WEC.

If his division wasn't so shallow, his belt would have been taken a long time ago.

Lawler. I'm not hating but he hasn't proved he's the best in his division but it doesn't matter anyway because Rory's getting that belt.

i think cain is among the MOST impressive... dude just needs to actually fight.

Dillashaw or Lawler. I'm a fan of both, but they are the least impressive in the fact that they are the least established #1 fighters in their respective divisions.

Definitely Lawler, but note that I'm completely ignoring WMMA. Lawler is P4P the worst male champion and it's not even close. He won't have a long title run.

Of last year it would absolutely be Hendricks but as of right now...ironically enough Lawler lol. I honestly see him losing to any of the top 5-7 WW in the UFC right now more than the other UFC champions.

Ronda's fight against Sara McMann did more buys than Cain/JDS 3.

Cains beat big foot and jds and rarely fights in a weak division. Ronda fights often and wins. If mens Heavyweight division is stonger than its not by much. Funny, this seems to be breaking news too you.

Ronda fights against utterly terrible competition, that is why she looks good.

Bigfoot & JDS > Miesha, Alexis Davis, etc.

Funny this seems to be breaking news for you.

Lawler I dont think anyone believes he's the top 170 pounder. He's just a com,eback story for the ages.

Cain. He really doesn't have many big names on his resume after fighting the same people and having bones made of glass. Guy fights damn ugly as well, only ever wins with a huge barrage of pillow punches.

Esparza is unproved.

TJ has the Barao win and can crushing win as Champ but thats it.

Anyone who says Rousey is just sexist. Winning 6 Title fights and crushing most of them in under a round is impressive as impressive gets.

Back