1) Ronda Rousey
2) TJ Dillashaw
3) Cain Velasquez
4) Mighty Mouse
5) Robbie Lawler
6) Jose Aldo
7) Anthony Pettis
8) Jon Jones

And yet a HW title fight is capable of headlining a PPV, but the men's 125 and WMMA is not. If your statement is true, I wonder why that is. Rhonda insists on fighting in Weidman's wake because she knows that is the only way to make any money on her PPV points.

Ronda has headlined a PPV though...

Honestly a big part of why Rousey co-mains would be because she wins too quickly. There is nothing more anti climactic than when you buy a PPV and the main event is over in under a minute. Get all your buddies around, buy into the hype and then its over before the snacks have even come out.

Ronda fights against utterly terrible competition, that is why she looks good.

Bigfoot & JDS > Miesha, Alexis Davis, etc.

Funny this seems to be breaking news for you.

like i said they heavyweight division is barely better than womens bantamweight if it is all. If you cant acknowledge that then theres no point in continuing this discussion.

like i said they heavyweight division is barely better than womens bantamweight if it is all. If you cant acknowledge that then theres no point in continuing this discussion.

If you think the skill level of the top 10 of women's bantamweight is anywhere near comparable to the skill level of the UFC heavyweight division, not even mentioning the extreme athleticism difference, then yeah, you're right, this discussion should not continue.

Ronda is impressive because she is fighting people that honestly would not be in the UFC if Ronda didn't exist. That is how low the bar is at this point. Women's MMA is in it's infancy.

Meanwhile, there are very few people on this entire planet that Cain Velasquez does not beat the ever loving shit out of in a fight.

Am I saying that Cain Velasquez is the most impressive?

No.

But saying he is less impressive than Ronda Rousey is fucking absurd.

If you think the skill level of the top 10 of women's bantamweight is anywhere near comparable to the skill level of the UFC heavyweight division, not even mentioning the extreme athleticism difference, then yeah, you're right, this discussion should not continue.

Ronda is impressive because she is fighting people that honestly would not be in the UFC if Ronda didn't exist. That is how low the bar is at this point. Women's MMA is in it's infancy.

Meanwhile, there are very few people on this entire planet that Cain Velasquez does not beat the ever loving shit out of in a fight.

No.

That's purely because of size. Cains skill level is pretty poor. Good wrestler but mediocre striker and BJJ fighter. If he were a LW he wouldn't even be ranked in the top 50.

That's purely because of size. Cains skill level is pretty poor. Good wrestler but mediocre striker and BJJ fighter. If he were a LW he wouldn't even be ranked in the top 50.

I like how you just automatically assume what his skill level and ranking would be if he somehow had a completely different body and physical attributes. Classic.

How would Ronda do if she were born a 170 lb. man? I'm dying to know. :icon_lol:

wideman. I've just never seen anything that makes me think he should really be champion. A lot of favourable match ups.

No.

I think if 1 fighter can beat up all the rest of the other fighters in the history of that division, than that fighter is a bad ass, even if the rest of the fighters suck. Im not even a ronda fanatic, and really dont nothin against Cain, but if im asked too compare...What Ronda is doing is historic, whether you or i like it or not.

Ronda obviously because of the level of competition she's fighting. Really nothing comes close as the others are at least competing at something resembling a high level

I think if 1 fighter can beat up all the rest of the other fighters in the history of that division, than that fighter is a bad ass, even if the rest of the fighters suck. Im not even a ronda fanatic, and really dont nothin against Cain, but if im asked too compare...What Ronda is doing is historic, whether you or i like it or not.

Fair enough.

I agree that it is historic. That is true. My opinion on the matter still stands though.

Good day to you, sir.

Lawler has at least beaten Rory, Hendricks, and Brown.

Esparza has beaten Torres, Penne, and Namajunas.

Cain beat JDS, Bigfoot, Brock, Rothwell... and the corpse of Nog even if the wins are getting dated.

The answer based on resume can't not be TJ.

Esparza only by virtue of being in a new division with a limited selection of competition.

UFC really is high level MMA. I respect every fighter, especially the champs. So I'm impressed by every pro fighter.

It would have to be Cain, only for recent reasons. Cain is one of my favorite fighters, but not seeing him for years is rather a letdown. As far as his heart and skills go I enjoy the guy, he just can't stop getting injured however.

Don't hate me but it is Lawler in that I don't think he is clearly the best at 170 where as it's pretty clear that the other champions are the best.

His journey though is most impressive.

i dont hate you bruh... you had the balls to say it first... we were all thinking it. lol

Cain. He is the best MMA fighter ever but as a champion he is a disappointment. This last non-Bigfoot/non-JDS fight against Brock was in 2010.

Back