L.A.

I've never been there and am just curious. My understanding is that L.A. is more of an industrial city than commercial. All major U.S. cities have nice suburbs and I would speculate that southern California's top suburbs would be right up there with the best in the world.

I've never been there and am just curious. My understanding is that L.A. is more of an industrial city than commercial. All major U.S. cities have nice suburbs and I would speculate that southern California's top suburbs would be right up there with the best in the world.
You would think that if you grew up in Texas. Orange County is Ok but it’s still run down as shit. L.A. is a fucking shithole country.

Bruh. I thought the dude wanted to be super star. If he stayed in S.A. I could see that happening. He could be another Timmy. He is going to be mediocre team to be a mediocre player.

Exactly.

Duncan and the Spurs as a whole were never a flashy team, but they got the job done.

I guess Kawhi felt he outgrew the Spurs and went searching for greener pastures.

I remember years ago when Timmy was being courted by other teams, and the whole city rallied around him. Billboards everywhere, etc.

He stayed, retired a legend, and San Antonio will love that dude forever.

You didn't go to any of the good parts. Did you seriously hang out in Torrance and Inglewood/El Segundo?

<36>

Hey bro. As a fellow spurs fan and Texan. What the fuck is happening with the spurs son. They lost Kawai and Parker. Do you think they will make it to the play offs?
Spuds are one of the shadiest orgs in sports history. Hope they burn in lottery hell for the next trillion years

You would think that if you grew up in Texas. Orange County is Ok but it’s still run down as shit. L.A. is a fucking shithole country.
Where are you from and why were you doing business in LA?

Los Angeles County is typically amalgamated with the city of Los Angeles. It's sprawling and diverse. Koreatown is different from Brentwood, Watts, Echo Park, Downtown, and the city of Los Angeles is different than East L.A, Malibu, Pasadena, North Hollywood so on and so forth.

There are tiny pockets of 8 figure homes a 5 minute walk from ghettos. It changes vastly depending on where you are.

Born in SD but live in LA county now. It is absolutely a shithole with a few nice areas here and there. SD is much nicer overall but it's been nearly ruined as well due to overcrowding.

San Fran is horrible. I took my family there and thought I was going to fight a homeless dude that yelled at me that I was disrespecting him for refusing to give him money. I decided I would carry a knife and gun every time I visited SF to protect my family, damn the consequences.

When I went to the US a few years ago I asked some well travelled friends about L.A because I thought we might stay for a week. They all said the only half decent part was Santa Monica, but don't even bother. So we overnighted at an airport hotel then onto N.Y..

San Diego is the only big city in Cali worth going to. California out in the country is nice though.
As someone who spends more time in l.a. then home(work) I agree..

Fuck l.a. it’s a shithole everywhere...the couple places it’s nice..Malibu,Beverly hills aren’t even that spectacular..could drive through them in ten minutes.

And Hollywood,oh fuck that place is disgusting..I hate every single square inch of that place.

Much better places in Cali.
San Diego...awesome
Huntington Beach great
Marina del ray
La hoilla

Up north

Carmel
Santa Cruz
Mammoth
Etc.

L.a. is California’s arm pit/infested gash

Newport down to Dana Point is better.
This, LA beaches suck and areas around them are dirty as hell.

LA Area as a whole is shitty. I hate going to LA. Don't understand the people who enjoy going there.

Los Angeles is cool if you stay mostly west of the 405 freeway. Only go east of it for a specific reason. I haven't been in awhile, but it is a fun town as long as you have money. Too much time in traffic for my preference. The Getty Museum is great. Museum of Natural History, etc. Boat charters out of Long Beach/San Pedro. Lots of great restaurants. Tons of beaches. I used to love the Great Western Forum, but now its Staples Center. Too much stuff to list. The problem is that it has turned into a third world shit hole with all the unchecked illegal immigration. This is one of the reasons I left. Can be a fun town, however.

so I went to Los Angeles for work. It seemed like a real shit hole. I went to Redondo Beach and venice beach. I also hung around Torrance and the airport area to train. it seemed like a rundowned shitty town.

L.A. felt like a real shithole city. I was there and it was run down and the traffic was horrific. I would rather be in San Diego any day or even any beach in shitty Florida or Texas than anwhere in LA. Please help me change my mind any of you L.A. fanatics.

I really like LA. Everyone compares LA, and NYC, and they say NYC feels more like a real city, because LA has so much sprawl. But people dont realize for some reason, that LA is more dense than people give it credit for, including the cities and towns outside of LA right next to it.

In fact LA is a huge city just by itself. In terms of area of city limits, it is more massive than the five boroughs of NYC. And all the towns in the southern portion of LA County combined keep a relatively stable density that is actually higher than most places including NYC burbs, and keeps this level of density over a huge area.

And that is why SoCal has so many people. It is actually one of the most densely packed metros in the USA if not the world. It think the misconceptions come from that fact that most structures are not that high. That probably because of earthquakes. But they pack a lot into a small area.

Last edited:
so I went to Los Angeles for work. It seemed like a real shit hole. I went to Redondo Beach and venice beach. I also hung around Torrance and the airport area to train. it seemed like a rundowned shitty town.

L.A. felt like a real shithole city. I was there and it was run down and the traffic was horrific. I would rather be in San Diego any day or even any beach in shitty Florida or Texas than anwhere in LA. Please help me change my mind any of you L.A. fanatics.

la to me, is one of those cities where you really need to either know people, or know specific places to go to. for a tourist, the city is a nightmare. traffic is terrible, and everything is spread out. i thank god my brother lives there, otherwise i wouldn't have a fucking clue where to go.

You could've been in San Francisco and had to dodge needles & fecal matter

haha, true. at least you can escape that shit and find nicer areas within walking distance.

Back