L.A.

Europe, Australia

nah, i disagree. i've seen most of western europe, and parts of eastern europe. cities like new york, san francisco, boston, chicago, are just as great as cities like london, paris, berlin, rome, etc. if anything, european cities are the ones in decline, with the influx of refugees.

i haven't been to australia, so i can't comment on the cities there.

Europe, Australia
Bullshit. I’ve been to Europe. They have the same big city problems any big city has. London, Paris, Amsterdam, those cities have big city problems like any other city. Overcrowding, trash everywhere and homeless. Don’t come here spewing bullshit.

Dude, why is it that Malibu is like that and the rest of L.A. is a shithole. Also, isn’t Redondo supposed to be a “nice” beach. Seemed like a shithole to me.
A lot of property is run down and gritty in Venice and Redondo because people know they can get a mint for it regardless of what it looks like. But there are a lot of nice houses and blocks in those areas too... especially in Santa Monica.

I love Venice Beach though. Sure there's a shit ton of homeless and tweakers running around there but I like the grittiness of it and everything on the boardwalk. You get all kinds around there.

Bullshit. I’ve been to Europe. They have the same big city problems any big city has. London, Paris, Amsterdam, those cities have big city problems like any other city. Overcrowding, trash everywhere and homeless. Don’t come here spewing bullshit.

Dudes is a Colby and Conor fan.
Thinks Colby would beat down GSP.
All you will get from him is bullshit.

la to me, is one of those cities where you really need to either know people, or know specific places to go to. for a tourist, the city is a nightmare. traffic is terrible, and everything is spread out. i thank god my brother lives there, otherwise i wouldn't have a fucking clue where to go.
I have a good friend that lives there. We went out and did shit. He even said LA is a shithole.

Been to L.A. once and thought pretty much the same thing.

Hung out one night on the Sunset Strip and was also underwhelmed. Every chick was a starfucker, and the beers were crazy expensive.

$7 for a Rolling Rock and this was in 2001.

redondo beach is a nice place and so is santa monica. I'm biased though because I grew up here. I would like to know what verdant utopia OP is from if he thought a place surrounded by million dollar houses and apartments like redondo beach sucks.

you saw torrance redondo and venice.

your opinion is invalid, no need to try and change it.
I actually think torrance and redondo are nicer than venice. if you want amazing views of the ocean go to palos verdes next door.

Hermosa beach is awesome. I think that is part of redondo though.

I have a little god daughter out in East LA so I'm over there at least a couple times a year. I enjoy it enough but mostly due to the company. There's also some great restaurants to be found but it's no NYC in that regard.

Yeah, LA is just massive. A place like Phoenix-Metro is spraaaawl.
nyc is also an alpha shithole

so I went to Los Angeles for work. It seemed like a real shit hole. I went to Redondo Beach and venice beach. I also hung around Torrance and the airport area to train. it seemed like a rundowned shitty town.

L.A. felt like a real shithole city. I was there and it was run down and the traffic was horrific. I would rather be in San Diego any day or even any beach in shitty Florida or Texas than anwhere in LA. Please help me change my mind any of you L.A. fanatics.
Terribly written statement.
Its like you wrote a sentence. Walked away and then would come back and write the next sentence.

Terribly written statement.
Its like you wrote a sentence. Walked away and then would come back and write the next sentence.
I wrote it last night half drunk. Sorry bro, I’m not going to edit it now.

I really like LA. Everyone compares LA, and NYC, and they say NYC feels more like a real city, because LA has so much sprawl. But people dont realize for some reason, that LA is more dense than people give it credit for, including the cities and towns outside of LA right next to it.

In fact LA is a huge city just by itself. In terms of area of city limits, it is more massive than the five boroughs of NYC. And all the towns in the southern portion of LA County combined keep a relatively stable density that is actually higher than most places including NYC burbs, and keeps this level of density over a huge area.

And that is why SoCal has so many people. It is actually one of the most densely packed metros in the USA if not the world. It think the misconceptions come from that fact that most structures are not that high. That probably because of earthquakes. But they pack a lot into a small area.
Not more dense than NYC. Stop it.

Back