L.A.

LA is a shithole... if you are in that crappy state San Diego/pacific beach are much nicer...

Please don’t judge all euros based on one cunt.

Yeah and a dumb ass that speak about Europe like its a homogeneous country.

nyc is also an alpha shithole

there is garbage and dog poo everywhere. The worst parts of LA are only as dirty as some ok areas of NYC. At least the homeless in LA have tents. NYC homeless dont even have that. They just layer themselves in winter. And it isnt the homeless making NYC dirty. Its everyone else. Everyone else is just a slob, and dont pick up after their dogs.

Not more dense than NYC. Stop it.

It is not as dense as Manhattan sure, but there are parts of NYC that are less dense than most of LA. Staten Island is a good example. The city of LA does have a decent chunk that is pretty dense, and more dense than the burbs of NYC. And NYC metro (burbs) is considered dense.

I dont know the formal name of it. LA city has a really fugged up shape. The large part that is not the San Fernando Valley. Basically inbetween the SGV and the Beach. That chunk of LA is pretty dense.

This is the exact problem with LA. Thats why people don't like it....it's central core isn't dense for major city but it just has a massive sprawl of dense suburbs. The entire city has to drive over a wide span and it's a clusterfuck of traffic.

I think the main reason people drive so far is because housing costs, and lack of supply, and no concentration of the jobs. All the work is basically spread out. That can be a good thing or bad thing.

In NYC everything centers around Manhattan. During morning rush hour, everyone is going in one direction. Late afternoon rush hour, everyone is going in the opposite direction. The Hwy in and around Manhattan are always screwed. Plus the bridges and tunnels act as choke points.

I have a little god daughter out in East LA so I'm over there at least a couple times a year. I enjoy it enough but mostly due to the company. There's also some great restaurants to be found but it's no NYC in that regard.

Yeah, LA is just massive. A place like Phoenix-Metro is spraaaawl.
phoenix metro is a trip you would think a place that has a population that high and is only about 517 square miles would be more dense. this why I like las vegas more it is like phoenix but packed into 135 square miles with better public transportation.

West Hollywood was great. @IIIIIIII

Weho is a great example of LA's underrated density. Well, Weho is a separate city though, but is completely surrounded by LA city. Anyways it has a density of almost 20K/sqmi. That is a lot of people packed into a small area. The surround parts of LA dont drop off by that much either.

Weho is a great example of LA's underrated density. Well, Weho is a separate city though, but is completely surrounded by LA city. Anyways it has a density of almost 20K/sqmi. That is a lot of people packed into a small area. The surround parts of LA dont drop off by that much either.

My friend lives in Weho. The neighborhood is clean and safe compared to other parts of LA.

I think the main reason people drive so far is because housing costs, and lack of supply, and no concentration of the jobs. All the work is basically spread out. That can be a good thing or bad thing.

In NYC everything centers around Manhattan. During morning rush hour, everyone is going in one direction. Late afternoon rush hour, everyone is going in the opposite direction. The Hwy in and around Manhattan are always screwed. Plus the bridges and tunnels act as choke points.

But in NYC it's a much smaller area to travel and the public transit is superior to LA. Yes they are choke points but it not like you are driving 10 miles to get from one point to another.

2338919914_e4ac8a24ee.jpg

But in NYC it's a much smaller area to travel and the public transit is superior to LA. Yes they are choke points but it not like you are driving 10 miles to get from one point to another.

2338919914_e4ac8a24ee.jpg

Well, that is not exactly true. There are lots of people driving from way out in Long Island, or even Conn, Jersey Shore and even the Poconos in PA. A lot of people do that because of cheap housing. The closer to Manhattan you get the harder it is to even move less than 10 miles.

And there is no way that picture is to scale. All five Boroughs of NYC should be able to fit neatly into the city limits of LA. In that picture, the boroughs are way to big to do that.

haha, some areas west hollywood are cool. but yeah, the area reminds me too much of the castro lol.

Doesn't bother me that it's a predominantly gay neighborhood. I just take their subtle glances as a compliment. *no homo* @IIIIIIII

Doesn't bother me that it's a predominantly gay neighborhood. I just take their subtle glances as a compliment. *no homo* @IIIIIIII

oh, trust me, i used to at first haha. once i entered a certain bar in the castro, and had two guys grab my ass before going to the bathroom, then having one tell me he gave great blowjobs in the bathroom, that's when i had to make a decision, and leave the premises haha.

I grew up in LA for 18 years.. You have it pretty much right. Apart from the weather , LA is mostly a shithole. the art scene there is good, and music or theater obviously. The only really good things about LA are the food and entertainment , but all that stuff is mostly in downtown LA which is overrun with homeless crackheads.

i am san diegan. i hate LA.
actually i hate most places in sd too.
however i am sure there are nice places in LA i havent seen

Back