L.A.

San Fran is horrible. I took my family there and thought I was going to fight a homeless dude that yelled at me that I was disrespecting him for refusing to give him money. I decided I would carry a knife and gun every time I visited SF to protect my family, damn the consequences.

get out of downtown, and hang out in the nicer areas of the mission, hayes valley, golden gate park, and upper-fillmore, and pacific heights neighborhoods. in all honesty, it's not so difficult to avoid the shit. maybe only in the haight, will you have to endure that shit. but just be sure to have tunnel-vision, and don't make eye-contact with the homeless morons.

I've never been there and am just curious. My understanding is that L.A. is more of an industrial city than commercial. All major U.S. cities have nice suburbs and I would speculate that southern California's top suburbs would be right up there with the best in the world.

yes, this is true. you have to know the certain neighborhoods that are worth checking out.

Newport down to Dana Point is better.

I drove up the PCH in OC. It is beautiful. You dont need to do anything else besides drive up look around, and maybe stop by for some food. The view is the best thing.

What do you expect when 16 year old Mexican girls are walking the streets with 2 babies?

get out of downtown, and hang out in the nicer areas

Wait. What are you calling downtown? City hall or the Financial district? I lived at Battery and Jackson (often called Jackson Square) and still think it's my favorite area of SF.

Wait. What are you calling downtown? City hall or the Financial district? I lived at Battery and Jackson (often called Jackson Square) and still think it's my favorite area of SF.

oh, at the risk of getting too specific, i meant getting away from the areas east of van ness ave. and north of market street, simply to check out other areas of the city that don't have as much homeless (save for the haight). but yes, you're absolutely right that the area you're referring to is nice. i mean, it's not like all of downtown is a shithole, there are many nice areas within downtown. city hall/tenderloin is a fucking dump. avoid at all costs. i was just trying to give people options to branch out of the, "touristy areas".

oh, at the risk of getting too specific, i meant getting away from the areas east of van ness ave. and north of market street,

Which is where I lived. LOL. The only place I wanted to move to from Jackson square was Russian Hill.

city hall/tenderloin is a fucking dump. avoid at all costs. i was just trying to give people options to branch out of the, "touristy areas".

Agreed. Add the warf, union square and Moscone.

Which is where I lived. LOL. The only place I wanted to move to from Jackson square was Russian Hill.

Agreed. Add the warf, union square and Moscone.

russian hill is nice. wouldn't mind living up there.

What do you expect when 16 year old Mexican girls are walking the streets with 2 babies?

Its hard to judge a culture so different.

When I went to college in PA, I meant many white people from some small towns that got married, and started families while in HS, and it was not considered out of the norm.

I thought I was like in some John Steinbeck novel or something. I felt I was lied to my whole life. Because throughout my schooling, I took Sex Education, and there was much propoganda against getting married and having children when a teen.

russian hill is nice. wouldn't mind living up there.

I haven't been to SF in 3 years but I'll be back in November. I usually get to SFO and head straight to Palo Alto these days. My favorite restaurant closed (Chiarascuro).

The trash here is monotonous if you dont work here. I don't go out to hollywood, downtown, or the beach unless I have plans with other people. It's all the same.

you saw torrance redondo and venice.

your opinion is invalid, no need to try and change it.

I haven't been to SF in 3 years but I'll be back in November. I usually get to SFO and head straight to Palo Alto these days. My favorite restaurant closed (Chiarascuro).

gotcha. dated a chick who lived close to stanford. got to know the area well.

It’s true. San Diego is way better

i went to LA a lot when I was a prom dress salesman to buy product and would have to walk through the fashion district and through sweat shops where illegals were sewing stuff to buy products. American Made.

i went to LA a lot when I was a prom dress salesman to buy product and would have to walk through the fashion district and through sweat shops where illegals were sewing stuff to buy products. American Made.
badass

One time we got lost in East LA because we took the wrong bus and there were people in what looked like a old closed down preschool doing drugs and camping out in the parking lot. Luckily they were all too high to mug us. I cant fight them all off, would have looked like the end of the movie The One.

Back