KZ is the most overhyped fighter in the roster

His nickname is so bad ass they actually used on the overlay. I have never seen them use a nickname on the overlay.

I think he gets a lot of love because he has heart and always makes good fights.

To me that’s a big part of it, but it’s also how much skill he combines with that approach. He’s not just winging overhands until somebody drops. You can see that he’s got a bit of that in him and occasionally takes one to give one for a couple seconds, but mostly he’s looking to impose the entire MMA catalog of attacks on his opponents.

His journey is part of it too. Went from being kind of rock em sock em robot as a young kid; to working up to a title shot on the strength of three wins in a row consisting of (1) twister submission, (2) knocking out Mark Homnick who was last seen winning the fifth against Aldo, by a 3-7 second KO depending on who is counting (which included his customary touch of gloves), (3) hitting Poirier with the kitchen sink and then choking him out; to having to go perform mandatory military in an army which, while on guard, was not engaged in a hot war at the time; then coming back from the hiatus to spark Bermudez (coming off a couple wins) in the first round, then outstrike Yair of all people before falling victim to a last second KO in a moment when most fighters would have been walking away to celebrate, and then bouncing right back from that to score two of the more picture perfect precision KO’s you’ll ever see against pretty highly ranked opponents from a seemingly calmer, more mature stance.

I think he would have busted Ortega up had they fought right then and then who knows (fair play to Ortega, who stepped up and brought his game up tremendously in the meantime). Many of us enjoyed seeing him bounce back tonight with a clear win against a solid, ranked opponent because that Ortega loss was so disappointing. I think Jung is likely done as a title contender at this point, and would not expect him to be able to beat the guys necessary to get a shot let alone win it. But he’s had a fabulous career, interrupted in its prime by something stupid, and has provided fans with one the best combinations of all time of wildly entertaining brawling plus supreme skill.

I dont get why he get so much love/respect and credit in the forum when other fighters are looked down for less than that.

just because he have a badass nickname ??!

There is fighter like that people praise and other they look down for free i dont get why.

Discuss/Explain.
You must be new to MMA

Lol I don’t hate Jung, I’m just realistic about his actual fighting abilities. He isn’t that good.

Totally not a hater.

Loved watching KZ get knocked out cold, face planted and everything.
121_Korean_Zombie_x_Yair_Rodriguez.jpg

Hope KZ gets KTFO
Yair-Rodriguez-vs-Korean-Zombie-UFC-Denver-Fight-Highlights.jpg

12757-roopjungwec51_7832.jpg

Loved to watch KZ get KTFO cold.
KZ got his ass kicked and completely outclassed, looked like a can.
I’ll always be thankful for this KO.
B0qDse5.gif

Loved watching KZ faceplant
KZ is a bum who got flatlined by fucking George Roop.
Loved watching KZ get KTFO.
KZ takes a dirt nap.
Love to watch Ige knock KZ out cold
Zabit clowns KZ.
At the end of the day, Rodriguez still left KZ unconscious.
KZ has garbage defence, I’d take Josh by brutal knockout, he’s got more power than KZ.
Loved watching KZ get KTFO cold
KZ is a prime candidate for CTE.

ufcfi6_results_analysis.0.png
KZ won’t ever be champion.
It’s pretty obvious that Holloway makes KZ look like a can.
KZ is a tuneup fight, Zabit would own this scrub.
Loved watching KZ get knocked out cold, I’d pick Yair to win by KO again.
It’s always hilarious when KZ gets knocked out.
Seems like KZ finally accepted that he won’t ever be champion.
People keep bringing up Kz’s twister...he tapped out Leonard Garcia lmfao at least B.J. is a respected BJJ practitioner.
Gotta do what you gotta do, I don’t shit on Aldo got punching an obviously injured KZ.
Love to watch Ige knock KZ out cold..
I prefer Kattar KO KZ next.
Yair took a big shit on KZ’s chin.
B0qDse5.gif

KZ won’t ever be champion.
It’s always hilarious when KZ gets knocked out.
Hope KZ gets KTFO
Lol every time KZ gets KTFO, it’s brutal as fuck, and I love watching it.
Loved watching KZ get KTFO cold.
Hope KZ gets KTFO cold
Loved watching KZ get KTFO.
Love to watch Ige knock KZ out cold.

<{clintugh}>

Last edited:
herpa derp over 80% percent finish rate derpa duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Herp a derpy derpa derpity derp a duuuurrrrrrrrpp a derp!!

To me that’s a big part of it, but it’s also how much skill he combines with that approach. He’s not just winging overhands until somebody drops. You can see that he’s got a bit of that in him and occasionally takes one to give one for a couple seconds, but mostly he’s looking to impose the entire MMA catalog of attacks on his opponents.

His journey is part of it too. Went from being kind of rock em sock em robot as a young kid; to working up to a title shot on the strength of three wins in a row consisting of (1) twister submission, (2) knocking out Mark Homnick who was last seen winning the fifth against Aldo, by a 3-7 second KO depending on who is counting (which included his customary touch of gloves), (3) hitting Poirier with the kitchen sink and then choking him out; to having to go perform mandatory military in an army which, while on guard, was not engaged in a hot war at the time; then coming back from the hiatus to spark Bermudez (coming off a couple wins) in the first round, then outstrike Yair of all people before falling victim to a last second KO in a moment when most fighters would have been walking away to celebrate, and then bouncing right back from that to score two of the more picture perfect precision KO’s you’ll ever see against pretty highly ranked opponents from a seemingly calmer, more mature stance.

I think he would have busted Ortega up had they fought right then and then who knows (fair play to Ortega, who stepped up and brought his game up tremendously in the meantime). Many of us enjoyed seeing him bounce back tonight with a clear win against a solid, ranked opponent because that Ortega loss was so disappointing. I think Jung is likely done as a title contender at this point, and would not expect him to be able to beat the guys necessary to get a shot let alone win it. But he’s had a fabulous career, interrupted in its prime by something stupid, and has provided fans with one the best combinations of all time of wildly entertaining brawling plus supreme skill.

Not sure he would consider doing his military service as "something stupid". It is part of living in a country on the brink of war with neighbor every day. Just shows how lucky some of us to live in countries where we don't need to do that to protect the land we live on.

Imagine hating on The Korean Zombie. You must hate MMA. Most people don't claim he's the GOAT or anything, he's just a hype af elite fighter who's exciting to watch. His fight last night wasn't great, but in general, he's one of the most exciting fighters in the history of the sport. It's really that simple, I'm not sure how you could enjoy MMA but also have that stance.

Lol what a stupid thread.

He is ok but I feel he gets a lot of hype from Korean dick riders. I am sorry but I am extra harsh on people who like fighters solely base on their country. I have a bunch of Korean friends and they only root for Korean fighters that are winning.

I dont get why he get so much love/respect and credit in the forum when other fighters are looked down for less than that.

just because he have a badass nickname ??!

There is fighter like that people praise and other they look down for free i dont get why.

Discuss/Explain.
Go watch his 3 fights leading up to the aldo titleshot. The watch the fight he had after the aldo fight.

Imagine all the love nates gets for being an super exciting fighter, now imagine if nate was more skilled and had a more likeable nice personality.
Thats KZ.

He was the underdog in this fight despite being ranked #4. What are you talking about?

<{cruzshake}>
I thought for sure iges speed would be an issue for kz but we all saw how that played out.

oh also, op is an idiot.

lol how tf does one hate KZ this much? Is this the same guy who hates Barboza and Thiago Santos? I know there's a weirdo on this board who hates all the nice humble fighters.

Lol, gotta work pretty hard to hate on KZ. Well done TS. You're a true sherdogger.
<mma4>

Back