KZ is the most overhyped fighter in the roster

Hes one of the most exciting fighters ever but hes not an elite FW

Max, Volk, Ortega, Kattar and Emmett all smash him. Im not sure he beats Burgos or Edson either

I'm a fan of his, but I wouldn't favor him against many of the top FWs. His grappling really saved him against Ige.

While I kinda agree… have you been around the sport long enough to see his fights with Leonard??

<{JustBleed}>

HES A LEGEND? The Garcia fights were awesome he was the first to hit the twister

He decimated Homnick in like 10 seconds, he had a awesome fight we’re he Darced Poirer, was hanging with Aldo and his arm went out of place.

took a 2 year layoff for mandatory military service, comes back blasts Bermudez and Edgar and Moicano had he not engaged on the wrong end of one of the craziest finishes ever he woulda cruised to a UD against Yair. The only fight he hasn’t looked good in was against Ortega. All the wars, all the finishes, he’s a legend to a lot of the fans and always will be. Overrated? Ige is damn good and he just outclassed him pretty easily

I think Zombie won a unanimous decision over Ige, but didn't "outclass" him. Outclass is more like BJ Penn beating on Joe Stevenson.

Zombie is a solid fighter, just not top 6 or whatever. You can't be top 6 material without getting through him, because he will test you all around.

I dont get why he get so much love/respect and credit in the forum when other fighters are looked down for less than that.

just because he have a badass nickname ??!

There is fighter like that people praise and other they look down for free i dont get why.

Discuss/Explain.
He has a pretty good resume and was beating rodriguez up until the last 5 seconds, you dont beat moicana, edgar and ige just by being a regular average fighter
auHzBPh.png

Never seen a boring kz fight. Fighters that are entertaining are held in high regards.

Hes one of the most exciting fighters ever but hes not an elite FW

Max, Volk, Ortega, Kattar and Emmett all smash him. Im not sure he beats Burgos or Edson either

If he keeps mixing things up with his grappling, then his chances go up a lot against guys like barboza and burgos. I agree that the other guys you listed beat him, but if I can only think of five guys that I think beat him, then I'd say that makes KZ pretty damn elite.

I don't care for the Zombie either even though I usually root for him but that is just because he is one of few Asians.

But he is a legend, has been around forever and developed a cult following and he is still one of the best i think. I guess that his following or the cult of personality is s bit lame especially since the whole Zombie thing is based on one fight about 15 years ago. If a fighter has a 'moniker' it would be cool if they actually did something with it. Like the undertake from WWE, Breh "the fiend" Wyatt etc.
I see him more as a military person since he kind of has that look and i believe he served in the army.

I don't care for the Zombie either even though I usually root for him but that is just because he is one of few Asians.

But he is a legend, has been around forever and developed a cult following and he is still one of the best i think. I guess that his following or the cult of personality is s bit lame especially since the whole Zombie thing is based on one fight about 15 years ago. If a fighter has a 'moniker' it would be cool if they actually did something with it. Like the undertake from WWE, Breh "the fiend" Wyatt etc.
I see him more as a military person since he kind of has that look and i believe he served in the army.

LOL, so what? Chan Sung Chung, “The sergeant?”

Chan sung "the sergeant's nephew" chung
"Spectre" Chan sung chung.
The whole Zombie thing is cringe now and is way overplayed.

It's nothing weirdo, pretty boy Floyd became money.
Diego went from the nightmare to the dream
Overeem:ubereem, ecoreem, the reem etc.

Ortega fight was boring as fuck. But Ige fight a slight tension too it and some good hooks to keep us on edge. I enjoyed it
I agree the Ortega fight was much worse. The Ige fight wasn't bad, but my expectations were higher than how the fight played out. The tension for me was just wondering how it was going to be scored. I had KZ up 3 rounds but it was close.

I agree the Ortega fight was much worse. The Ige fight wasn't bad, but my expectations were higher than how the fight played out. The tension for me was just wondering how it was going to be scored. I had KZ up 3 rounds but it was close.
I was worried going into the 5th case I thought Ige may have had rounds 1 and 4 already, but then he got beat up in the 5th. I thought KZ was gonna knock him out but at least we took the W

Back