King Mo: "Sherdog y'all knew I won"

The problem with a sport combining multiple disciplines is choosing how to value each discipline. Sure Mo did not do damage on the ground but every moment he is on top is a moment where he is winning (unless his opponent is throwing sub attempts and strikes, especially those elbows to the top of the head).

Just like throwing punches and missing isn't good boxing.

Oh, now I get it. Wait, no I don't.

Even if you're missing punches, you're still boxing. Whether or not it's good boxing is a completely different discussion. Your analogy is retarded.

Watching them argue was more entertaining than I anticipated.

"I came to fight, you came to hump"

When Mo brought up Pat Berry I started cracking up. :):):)

Oh, now I get it. Wait, no I don't.

Even if you're missing punches, you're still boxing. Whether or not it's good boxing is a completely different discussion. Your analogy is retarded.

You don't get points for shitty boxing and you don't get points for shitty takedown attempts.

What the hell's up with Tito giving a coherent speech???

I havent actually seen this fight, but from what Im hearing completely the right decision was made and it may be some of the best judging in modern mma.
Lay n pray wasnt rewarded, and mo didnt win based on holding his opponent in a neutral position. Rampage landed strikes, and actually attacked, and got the decision. Hopefully more judges start to score fights this way

Mo controlled the fight more. Rampage did more damage.

I'm glad Rampage won.

Mo was too scared to punch Rampage in the fear that Rampage might get mad and try to hit him back.

That was one of the worst LnP displays. Did he throw more than 10 punches in the whole fight?

I think he means the Sherdog play by play...all three gave him the fight

I think most media play by play gave Mo the third

He wasn't talking about the jackasses that post here ya goofs.

tumblr_m0w9frDouN1r0ufaco1_250.gif

I like Mo's response to all this bullshit about standing and banging. It was a shit fight, granted, but if you only want to watch striking, go watch talented strikers in striking sports.

And he is right. Giving it to Rampage because Mo didnt want to "bang" is stupid.

but Im not so sure he won. He clearly won round 1. Rounds 2 and 3 I remember both looking like shit, with lots of clinching, few clear strikes, Mo looking scared to exchange and Rampage looking frustrated. Reminded me of Jake Shields fights where nobody wins. 29-28 either way doesnt seem that crazy

What's with everybody not liking fighters that are good wrestler that attempt to grapple their opponents? You guys should've watched JMM vs Alvarado last night instead if you only like standup fighting.

This is a common theme among people who think the wrestler won. I get what you are saying, I really do. However, that was not an impressive wrestling performance. Go watch Rampage vs Hendo. THAT was an awesome wrestling match.

See there is a reason Rampage always ends up in these boring fights, and everyone hates Rampage, and he just can't make it exciting etc etc..

Short arms and great strength. He's swinging at the fences mostly because people know that after they do anything, punch, kick, feint a takedown, get a takedown stuffed, anything...they just get backwards as fast as they can, and he cant reach you.

BUT take hime down, and his strength nullifies all your leverage, his strength counters your strength and he can keep you in your same position. He can grab onto you and you can move, you cant posture up, you can't do damage to him.

So the safest thing to do, when fighting Rampage is stay away from his punches or try to wrestle him. He can't threaten you from the ground with subs or anything. He's the ultimate nullifier. Everyone usually blames Rampage for it, saying things like "He needs to learn to stay off his back, and stop just head hunting" Without actually paying attention. They ignore the combos, and body knees and just watches him waiting for the counter.

He has to. Without even looking I'd say he's probably had a reach disadvantage in every fight he's been in since joining the UFC and Bellator other than maybe Hendo, Hamill, and Silva? Those are just guesses too. He can't be overly aggressive or he's going to get picked apart.

He hasnt seen the poll yet apparently.

I like Mo's response to all this bullshit about standing and banging. It was a shit fight, granted, but if you only want to watch striking, go watch talented strikers in striking sports.

this

i didnt like the style of fight he went with but he still should of won

I love ya Mo, but you tried to point out the decision instead of fight. You didn't do any damage. You didn't control him well. And when you were standing you looked loopy and lost.

I still root for ya, but I calls'm as I sees'm and that looked like a loss to me.

Well said, I agree

Back