King Mo: "Sherdog y'all knew I won"

Drives me crazy how MMA is scored based more as a game, then an actual fight. MMA fans have gotten so used to terrible judging, they now judge that way themselves. It's fucking embarrassing. Winning the actual fight counts less than winning the game now a days.

This^^

Nailed every point, MMA fans are too dumb to think for themselves, they have to rely on incompetent judges to do the thinking for them. All these fighters that are doing everything they can to avoid the fight (via LnP, wall n' stall, jab n' dash, etc) should never be awarded a single victory. Yet, MMA fans think that's what MMA is supposed to be like. It's such bullshit what these fans tune in to watch, it sure isn't for the fighting.

I've been saying this on sherdog for years now, I watch MMA for the fights. Keyword: "FIGHTS". Not some glorified sparring session or wrestling exhibition via dry humping. It's about damn time the vast majority of sherdogs sees what I've been preaching for the past 4 years on here....

I like Mo's response to all this bullshit about standing and banging. It was a shit fight, granted, but if you only want to watch striking, go watch talented strikers in striking sports.

Your comment is hypocritical.

talk about a breath of fresh air hearing Bjorn speak.....

Mo was backing up almost the entire fight, did very little damage, and did fuck all with his takedowns. He pretty much did everything to ensure that he wouldn't actually have to fight Rampage. Which makes for a boring fight especially since he is a good wrestler.

Glad Page got the decision even though he might not have deserved it. Still don't care for King Mo.

What's with everybody not liking fighters that are good wrestler that attempt to grapple their opponents? You guys should've watched JMM vs Alvarado last night instead if you only like standup fighting.

Go watch NCAA wrestling.

Just because MMA includes grappling, doesn't mean it's the be-all, end-all. Putting striking over grappling and vice versa is retarded. It's a fight. If you refuse to fight, whether it's lay and pray ot Starnesing (Queen Mo did both), fuck you.

In all honesty, I don't see how Rampage got that third round. I guess judges love him.

Hearing Tito talk is the worst. He tries to be motivational these days but he sucks at speaking so he just kinda ends up sounding like an idiot and like he's trying to live off of his past achievements. He just doesn't stfu and tries to take over everything.

Also, Fuckin' Bjorn during the Mo Rampage back and forth lol

"People don't understand, when I fought Ryan Bader..." LOL

Listening to him is like watching a train wreck... terrible but at the same time hard to look away.

I was rooting for Rampage but Mo eaked out the third round: there wasn't much striking at all in the round and Mo dominated the grappling. Mo made me a fan with his interviews "Fuck'yall if y'all don't like me!" - I respect a man who isn't trying to please everyone.

I love Tito. That guy is in full-on "neck break 47 and fused discs number 4 and 5, hairline 7 fracture along the clavicle" mode. Cracked skull back with a vengeance. It's so funny that he now has the platform that encourages the injury talk, while Zuffa back in the day rolled their eyes at Tito pulling out due to injury. That said, I was happy for him when he started doing the gravedigger.

I don't like Mo's bullshit takedown and patter style, but by normal judging standards, he won the fight. There's a reason so much of the media including Sherdog scored it 29-28 Mo. What did Rampage do to win two rounds? He closed Mo's eye at one point, but it's a must-score system by round. He wasn't punching Mo out all night; just here and there.

I have a hard time feeling bad when LnP fighters lose a decision, though. Just can't support that fight style.

Go watch NCAA wrestling.

Just because MMA includes grappling, doesn't mean it's the be-all, end-all. Putting striking over grappling and vice versa is retarded. It's a fight. If you refuse to fight, whether it's lay and pray ot Starnesing (Queen Mo did both), fuck you.

Now working for takedowns is considered not fighting? :eek:

Maybe if Mo was well rounded and actually went for some subs or unloaded some Fedor GNP he would have won.

I'm not a fan of guys that go for the take downs and ride out the clock.

This is not MMA

It doesn't show who the superior fighter is, especially in a submission sport.

This sport was created on finishing your opponent.

Rampage was hunting his ass down and he resorted to stalling.

Mo was pretty much doing the equivalent of holding in boxing. Octagon control is overrated if your doing nothing to win or damage your opponent.

Do you rate his take downs higher than punches to the head?

He means the sherdog journalists, but we'll take it.

Damn right.
giphy.gif

Great job erybody

I like how Rampage keeps on saying he wants a rematch (and he is the winner here) and that King Mo just flat out going around it until he's been pushed enough and said "you want a rematch? lets do a rematch" in relatively quiet manner compare to how loud he was when claiming that Rampage lost.

Kinda says it all about who actually won/lost the fight imo, lol

He was running the whole fight or trying to lay and pray. Pathetic fight overall if you ask me.

I guess he pays a lot of attention to the media. Nearly every site gave him the nod.

Maybe this was already covered, but...

Has anyone considered that he actually ment

Rampage is right that when he thinks he lost, he'll tell you.

1a36fc2a3dc32ef1b115877e643cace6.gif

+Ninja/Rampage

Back