King Mo: "Sherdog y'all knew I won"

I like Mo's response to all this bullshit about standing and banging. It was a shit fight, granted, but if you only want to watch striking, go watch talented strikers in striking sports.

Rampage stuffed way more take downs that Mo actually got.
Page was striking and landing. Striking and stuffing takedowns that were counters. He was standing up when Mo got his takedowns.
This was a clear win for Rampage.2 rounds to 1

And if you complain about a striker running in circles specifically to avoiding engagement, should I then point you to a BJJ or Wrestling competition?

I don't complain about strikers running in circles so I can't answer this question.

I don't know what you're trying to say. No one argues that fighters should just forgo striking and wrestle in MMA (this is essentially what a lot of people angle at when they want fighters to stand and bang). Mo didn't exclusively wrestle in this fight. He fought to win under the criteria

He didn't win under the criteria, though.

Many judges poorly judge fights based on who scored the takedown in each round, but this is certainly not the criteria for scoring fights.

My suggestion would be for you to check out the unified MMA rules. By the looks of your posts, it seems like you have a LOT of reading to do.

I find it stupid that anyone thinks he won. He did absolutely nothing but lnp. Rampage didn't do great either but he did way more damage and was aggressive the whole time.

I love how posters talk about "control" so much and don't even realize what it is.

So we just consider holding on to an opponent control? What about Rampage controlling the entire fight outside of the time Mo was holding on for dear life?
If Mo is on top of Rampage he's winning the fight, but if Rampage is stalking MO and controlling the stand up it counts for nothing.

If Mo is going to get credit for having control of Rampage with doing absolutely no damage, then Rampage should get credit for controlling the stand up when he wasn't dealing out the damage. If Rampage gets no credit for controlling the stand up when he wasn't doing damage, then Mo shouldn't get credit for controlling the grappling when he wasn't doing damage.

Can't go both ways.

Drives me crazy how MMA is scored based more as a game, then an actual fight. MMA fans have gotten so used to terrible judging, they now judge that way themselves. It's fucking embarrassing. Winning the actual fight counts less than winning the game now a days.

How exactly was Rampage "controlling" the stand-up? Walking someone down doesn't mean that much. Also, stand-up "control" and grappling "control" are two very different notions of control.

It's absolutely baffling to me that anybody would argue that Mo won.

Not only did he NOT win according to the scoring criteria, if he DID win it would be sad for the entire sport that a guy who puts on such a pathetic non-performance picks up a win.

It's absolutely baffling to me that anybody would argue that Mo won.

Not only did he NOT win according to the scoring criteria, if he DID win it would be sad for the entire sport that a guy who puts on such a pathetic non-performance picks up a win.

Right, because except for the 2nd round, Rampage did so much more. :rolleyes:

Whatever it takes for King Mo to go away, i'm fine with. If it was a robbery.. awesome.. that set you off, you said stupid shit.. maybe you'll be gone.

Awesome.

You are so awful boring to watch fight it hurts.. it sucks to hear you will be on a card.

Are you an amazing wrestler? did you have an *amazing* set of wrestling credentials coming into MMA? was there a time you were a 'world-class athlete' (To get some Rogan action going haha)

All yes's. That has nothing to do with you stinking up MMA badly.

Yay us!

Thanks to the Unified rules he won, but I'm glad he lost. He was talking mad shit the entire time and then tried to hug Jackson for the entire fight

thank god that it seems the majority of Sherdog members don't fancy Mo's fight strategies...

aa.jpg

How exactly was Rampage "controlling" the stand-up? Walking someone down doesn't mean that much. Also, stand-up "control" and grappling "control" are two very different notions of control.
Those arguments are funny. Moving forward means fuck all. At least there is contact with lay and pray.

i dub this fight "game of thrones" rematch required for reaffirmation. Half the crown and the babes for you and jackson, winner takes all in rematch. :icon_lol:

trial by combat bro

I'm torn really. The judges were clearly favoring damage over control, which I think is how it should be done, however if it were done with judges that favored control, Brooks probably would have lost and Mo would have won. Not a good tradeoff for me personally, since Brooks needs his time to shine.

Back