Movies Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair

Do You Like Kill Bill?

• Total voters
I've read several posts on here people complaining about this and other things like volume 2 or the 2nd half is boring.
Man that's just crazy to me. Since I've only ever seen them as 2 separate movies I would actually rate vol 2 above vol 1.

The love story is the most intriguing part of the entire saga IMO, specifically from Bill's perspective. He feels so betrayed and hurt that he lashes out and shoots her, but then regrets his decision for years, then in that final scene you can just feel this tension inside him.

His heart wants to reconcile with her, but his brain is telling him it's not possible. If they fight, he's not sure if he loves her enough to let her kill him, or if his selfish survival instincts will kick in and he'll kill her.

Consciously, he decides he needs a drink because this internal conflict is tearing him apart inside, but subconsciously, he drinks way too much for someone who's about to fight to the death. This is his heart's way of winning the battle with his brain. He has impaired himself.

In the metaphorical sense, he's made himself vulnerable to her. Just like he did when he fell in love with her the first time. And when you make yourself vulnerable enough to love someone, you're giving them the power to break your heart. Which of course she did, when she ran off to marry someone else.

And now after everything that's happened, here he is making himself vulnerable to her again. Only this time she doesn't just break his heart--she explodes it.

Last edited:
Not terrible, but overly campy and try-hard imo.

He peaked early with his magnum opus Pulp Fiction (I'll get skewered for this reality check) and never made a film as good or revered. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are two of the best movies of the 90's, Pulp having at stab at the 1 spot.

As somebody above noted, his best work is likely the script he did for True Romance (a literal masterpiece). The movie feels like his even though Tony was behind the lens.

For me it's overrated, the whole bloody thing. I just don't get the appeal.

And I've grown up watching campy martial arts movies which i absolutely loved, this fell well short of them too.

My favorite QT, and that's saying something since he's one of my favorite directors of all time.

I consider it one movie. Especially since they shot it that way

So many things I Love about it, on so many levels, so intricate.

The Japanese version & fan edits are interesting. I don't know all the differences. Obviously the 88 massacre is in bloody red color, which is the big one. But there are small ones too, like: I noticed when Vernita pours Beatrix coffee, in the Japanese version, there is an insert overhead CU shot of the cups. Not in the US version. I do hope QT releases an official cut so we can get a complete list of all the differences.

Masterpiece either way. Any time it shows at an arthouse theater & I'm nearby, I'm goin'

It's OK but would rather just watch Lone Wolf and Cub, Zatoichi, or Lady Snowblood. That way you get all the cool fight scenes minus Tarantino's endless dialogue and allusions. I don't dislike Tarantino. Would rather just watch one before he started making "look at how many films I've seen" type films.

Last edited:
I don't like this movie at all. I didn't even know they made a second one either. It might be my least favorite Tarantino movie next too Jackie Brown

Not a QT fan in general and IMO "overly campy and try hard" as @Natural Order says applies to most of his films, certainly Pulp Fiction.

But I loved the Kill Bill movies. Definitely the best QT material and the cheese factor, violence and everything else about it was dialed in correctly and just worked.

Yes. Makes me want to get a Katana and slay everyone in an elevator that's done me wrong. That idea really helps with my anxiety.

It’s so hokey. But not good hokey.

How much extra content is there, on top of the originals?

I feel its like you got be a female or a nerd smoking weed, to really be able to enjoy these movies.

It was all right the first time i watched them. But one of the least rewatchable movies i know about. At least for big A movies

Good, iconic movie. One of Tarentino’s best.

I like Japanese culture, the influences of Akira Kurosawa were good. Good movies.

Back