Do You Like Kill Bill?

• Total voters

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair

medium-cover.jpg

Synopsis: The Bride must kill her ex-boss and lover Bill who betrayed her at her wedding rehearsal, shot her in the head and took away her unborn daughter. But first, she must make the other four members of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad suffer.

My Review:

At least once a year I'll watch this 4 hour epic that's filled with bloody violence to the smooth sounds of spaghetti western scores. I know this film gets hated on because the lead is a woman but this is the rare case where it works just like Ripley in Alien/s & Sarah in Terminator/2,
Uma as The Bride is with them at the top female action characters.

Out of all of Tarantinos films I rank Kill Bill #1 overall in story, action, and score in his filmography. It's my favourite Tarantino film and a top 10 all time film for me.

(Brief summary without sharing/spoiling too much)

The film begins with Bill shooting the bride in the head. After the credits roll we see the bride pull up to Vernita Greens house. This is the appetizer to what is to come.

EUz6uxJU4AE-h_G.jpeg

We then get to watch some of the aftermath of the bride getting shot in the head. She spends 4 years in a hospital in a coma. After she comes out of her coma she starts her journey for revenge.

( This is my favourite part of the story in the entire film )

The Bride travels to Japan where she gets Hattori Hanzo to make her a sword to kill her enemies. Also waiting for her in Japan, O-Ren Ishi, GO-GO, and the Crazy 88.

Crazy_88_Surrounds_Bride.jpg

I'm sure most to all of you are used to watching this scene from Volume 1, it's even more bloody and violent in Whole bloody affair. There were scenes cut out because of how violent they were (limbs chopped off, eyes ripped out) but it's all here and more.

I believe The Bride vs O Ren/GO GO/ The Crazy 88 is one of if not the best action scene in cinema. It's my favourite Tarantino scene/favourite chapter. It's 15-20 mins of non stop violence and action that gets better every time I see it.

TELEMMGLPICT000317195054_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqhvKubATc-_gubuQBYzlKxylo8xbjaRD4oFZR_bRE7FY.jpeg

Poor Sophie.

Now Bill finds out what The Bride has done and her message for him. She is now off to find Bud, Bills brother.
Fun fact, when Bud spits his tabaco on the brides face, it's actually Tarantino spitting it on Umas face. A flash back takes us deep into the training of the bride and her introduction to Pai Mei, the man who trained Bill, The Bride and Elle.

Pai_Mei_teaching_Bride_Punch.jpg

After a series of events the Bride comes face to face with Elle and then they battle in a Blonde off.

quentintarantinoskick-asskarateflickkillbillvolume2isupforstringofempirefilmawardsincludingbes...jpg

I liked this fight a little more than her fight with Viv Fox in the beginning of the film. They did more in a tight space plus there's more backstory between these 2.

Which then brings us to the final chapter, the showdown with Bill. The movie playing at the house (Shogun Assassin) is a movie I just recently watched for the first time and I really really liked it a lot. I thought it was an original movie until I found out a few days after it's just 2 movies edited into 1 film. Back to the film, the calm before the storm between the bride and Bill is perfectly well done. Its amazing how much power a child holds that she can bring a moment of peace between 2 parents that hate each other.

l-intro-1668098371.jpg

Tarantino is one of the best at writing dialogues between his characters. The final conversation between Bill and The Bride showcases Tarantino at his best. What I also liked it the small surprise at the end

The Five-Point-Palm Exploding-Heart-Technique was taught to her and not Bill by Pai Mai

Personally I think this is one of the best revenge movies of all time. I also think it's one of the best action/martial arts films of all time.

My Rating: 10/10

<{cum@me}>

Last edited:
I know this film gets hated on because the lead is a woman
It does?

Maybe I've been living under a rock but I've never heard anyone complain about the protagonist being a woman.

I agree, Kiddo is up there with Sarah Connor and Ripley as the best female heroes of all time.

And this is not a story where they just swapped out a male character with a female one for DEI reasons. They couldn't have told this story if a man was the the lead. Bill and Kiddo's relationship is central to the plot, as is the theme of motherhood, since she's taking revenge not just for herself but for her baby as well.

My thoughts on Kill Bill

A) I also have always considered it a single entity and I think I even watched 1&2 back to back the first time I saw it.

B) I consider it the top of the Tarantino directed films. *
I can understand if people have a different opinion.

*I do rank True Romance higher and personally consider it a Tarantino film even though Tony Scott directed it because you can feel so much of Tarantino in the characters, the dialogue and the violence.

@Hart Break Kick 97 how did you get this movie? I looked into it once and read that it was only screened once and never released on DVD or blu ray.

I love vol 1 and 2 and would really like to see the whole bloody affair.

It is on Blu-ray only. I'll send you a link in your DM. Are you a fan of the Godfather films? This site also has Godfather Epic for sale as well.

It is on Blu-ray only. I'll send you a link in your DM. Are you a fan of the Godfather films? This site also has Godfather Epic for sale as well.
Interesting. So I've researched it a bit further and apparently there's no official release. Tarantino has the only copy on 35mm, the same one that was shown at Cannes, with French subtitles and everything. He owns a movie theater in LA where he has screened it on very rare occasions.

But... Since the movie is almost the same as the vol 1 and 2 versions, some ambitious fan made his own version of the whole bloody affair that attempts to recreate the print that Tarantino has.

They were able to get all the footage from various versions of the film. For instance, the Japanese version of volume 1 has the final fight in color instead of black and white, so he was able to cut that footage into this new version, along with some deleted scenes.

And someone, maybe the guy who made it, is selling it online in blu ray format with a cover that makes it look very authentic.

So for now, if you watch the whole bloody affair on Blu-ray, then it's a fan edit (although apparently a very very good one).

I think I'm going to buy it. Or maybe search the high seas to see if it's available there.

Interesting. So I've researched it a bit further and apparently there's no official release. Tarantino has the only copy on 35mm, the same one that was shown at Cannes, with French subtitles and everything. He owns a movie theater in LA where he has screened it on very rare occasions.

But... Since the movie is almost the same as the vol 1 and 2 versions, some ambitious fan made his own version of the whole bloody affair that attempts to recreate the print that Tarantino has.

They were able to get all the footage from various versions of the film. For instance, the Japanese version of volume 1 has the final fight in color instead of black and white, so he was able to cut that footage into this new version, along with some deleted scenes.

And someone, maybe the guy who made it, is selling it online in blu ray format with a cover that makes it look very authentic.

So for now, if you watch the whole bloody affair on Blu-ray, then it's a fan edit (although apparently a very very good one).

I think I'm going to buy it. Or maybe search the high seas to see if it's available there.

In 2011 it was released in Japan only

In this film there's extra scenes and extended scenes which weren't shown in volume 1 or 2

Back