Khamzat Chimaev vs Jared Cannonier is the fight to make

octagonation

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jared Wants a TS keep this as a title eliminator like it was for Chimaev-Costa and then allow Cannonier to replace Costa..

On more thing for the love of god please cut Costa. This is to much and the funny thing we were all saying he was gonna do this for months and still did it

DDP deserves the title shot but Khamzat vs Cannonier could be the next-in-line eliminator

DDP deserves the title shot but Khamzat vs Cannonier could be the next-in-line eliminator

UFC won't give DDP next immediately but in any case Chimaev-Cannonier should fight it out or DDP himself should step in

I like it, it's the only way Cannonier is going to get a title shot. Same with Khamzat. Any other name and we're wasting Khamzat's time. Its been long enough we need to see him against a top guy.

I doubt Jared could make 185 on two weeks notice

This is the fight they should have made in the first place. Jared is a legit threat and he needs something big to put his name back in the title discusssion because he's not getting any younger.

If DDP were smart he'd roll the dice on taking this fight short notice. This can't set Chimaev up to jump ahead of DDP if DDP knocks him out. It would also put DDP back in the UFC's good graces after the mess that was the last MW title fight.

izzy or DDP would be the contender(s).

What about DDP vs Khamzat?

I know people going to say DDP shouldn't risk his title shot, but lets be real - UFC doesn't make title shots based on merit.

He was getting jumped with a Khamzat win regardless, so why not take out the hype train, steal some shine and destroy a possible contender that could jump him for the TS?

What about DDP vs Khamzat?

I know people going to say DDP shouldn't risk his title shot, but lets be real - UFC doesn't make title shots based on merit.

He was getting jumped with a Khamzat win regardless, so why not take out the hype train, steal some shine and destroy a possible contender that could jump him for the TS?

I would really love that fight

Cannonier isn't taking this fight. There is no prep time. Jared is also a big guy. He doesn't have time to diet down.

Cannonier isn't taking this fight. There is no prep time. Jared is also a big guy. He doesn't have time to diet down.

He is already in camp.. He is fighting just 2 weeks after ufc 294 against Dolidze.. Why not fight Chimaev for more money and TS

He is already in camp.. He is fighting just 2 weeks after that Dolidze.. Why not fight Chimaev for more money and TS
It's ten days notice vs December.

Roman is in shape already because he had that cancelled fight with Vettori.

He turned up for Sydney just fine.. He can do it
It wouldn't make sense. The lack of a training camp and weight cut isn't a good deal for him. They need to pay him a lot more to take the fight. The people who would take the fight are guys that are lower ranked. Folks like Roman who had a cancelled fight recently, Chris Curtis, Paul Craig, Imavov and etc etc. Those guys need the push and money. Cannonier has already fought for the title. He can afford to sit out because he broke the 6 figure barrier for his pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back