• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Khamzat Chimaev shuts down UFC 300 rumors - ‘Not fighting in Ramadan anymore’

Not bad but still kinda underwhelming for 300 headline.

But god not Edwards v Mohammed. That would be laughably bad.

Adesanya-Khamzat for #1 contender is the best bet IMO. Make it even for an interim belt. Tell the world that DDP is hurt. It's not like they haven't done it before.

Even without a belt on the line though, that fight is main event on PPV worthy.

Adesanya-Khamzat for #1 contender is the best bet IMO. Make it even for an interim belt. Tell the world that DDP is hurt. It's not like they haven't done it before.

Even without a belt on the line though, that fight is main event on PPV worthy.

True. Thas a lit fite

Khamzat deserves it over Belal. Belal hasn’t beaten a single top 5 opponent. Khamzat has beaten Usman and Burns
Are you an idiot or just trolling? Belal and Khamzat both beat Burns.

The Usman win doesn't count because it was short notice for Usman and up a weight class where Usman was clearly smaller.

Belal also has wins over Brady, Luque, and Wonderboy. Why don't you look up where they were ranked at the time those fights took place and get back to me?

The last time Khamzat tried to fight at welterweight, against an unranked opponent mind you, he missed weight by like 8 pounds.

Imagine Belal headlining UFC 300 ROFL.

No one even remembers the guys name and he is an option for 300 headliner.

nicholas-cage-laugh.gif

Are you an idiot or just trolling? Belal and Khamzat both beat Burns.

The Usman win doesn't count because it was short notice for Usman and up a weight class where Usman was clearly smaller.

Belal also has wins over Brady, Luque, and Wonderboy. Why don't you look up where they were ranked at the time those fights took place and get back to me?

The last time Khamzat tried to fight at welterweight, against an unranked opponent mind you, he missed weight by like 8 pounds.
Usman was not smaller, shorter doesn’t mean smaller. Usman is a huge WW and walks around at 205. Khamzat has 2 top 5 wins while Belal has one and burns was on short notice so what’s your point

Belal should go fucking ballistic if the UFC passes him over for Khamzat.

Khamzat simply does not deserve it...full stop.

cheetah-run.gif
Mann this is gonna be a crazy ass fight. Leon will probably use alot of footwork to get out of harms way. Chimaev will be looking to chase down Leon but either way an absolute fuking lit fight.. Leon is one hell'va good ass fighter himself. I would say 60/40 in chimaev's favorite but that is a close margin and I expect the betting lines to be close with Chimaev being a small margin favourite

Last edited:
If Dana White pulls this fight off he is the best promoter of all times hands down.. The crowd in the arena will go nuts once this fight bell rings goes off.

Already see people on other social media platforms saying Leon is gonna get murdered don’t really think so, Khamzat moved up and got outstruck by a out of prime Welterweight Kamaru, he also went life and death with Gilbert, Leon is a slick striker and certainly better then Gilbert and Kamaru in striking

I think it might be entirely true that UFC are entertaining all these options.

My theory is they are not really all that concerned with getting a mega fight for UFC300 - what gets you pats on the back at UFC HQ is not landing a mega fight - it's making fighters agree at a cheap price. (based on having read those leaked emails)

There might be a huge possible fight in talks they don't necessarily wanna "waste it on 300 - everyone will watch that anyways" and save it for later. If they are demanding too much money.

Last edited:
Ufc acts like it’s such a big time organization and they can’t even bribe the appropriate people to get one fucking guy temporarily into the US .

Also what a fiasco this will turn out to be if Khamzat couldn’t make ww

I mean at least this makes more sense than him getting a TS at 185 but he should be behind Belal and Shavkat. He no doubt would ragdoll Leon in the first rd, question is what happens if he can't finish him?

Back