Media Khabib plays UFC Matchmaker, offers Dana Islam vs Gregor.

I disagree, Ali did control his twiteer but as in retirement, it looks like Khabib is tweeting more. You can tell its Khabib
What’s the evidence for this? I never bought it

What makes you think this is Khabib tweeting and not Ali ?
Khabib has tweeted obscure Dagestani memes via his Twitter account. Ali isn’t doing deep 500 level research on Dagestani memes. So we have evidence that Khabib manages that acct. What’s your evidence that Ali tweets from it?

Don’t see how he can beat Islam
But he’s got heart so I can never say never

If Gaethje is any indication of how badly an American D1 wrestler will shit his pants when faced with a Dagestani Sambo practitioner I don't think Gregor would have a shot in hell.

Khabib has tweeted obscure Dagestani memes via his Twitter account. Ali isn’t doing deep 500 level research on Dagestani memes. So we have evidence that Khabib manages that acct. What’s your evidence that Ali tweets from it?

Because it's obvious. There has been discussions about it before. Khabib's english is pretty good but he's not as americanised than Ali. You know when he used to tweet about that' 'bitch' Conor it's painfully obvious that it was Ali, and he's doing it with Islam as well. Other people could enlight you better than me.

And Khabib had those words once in a russian interview where he was asked about his social media he said "my instagram is 100% my own". Surprisingly he never mentioned twitter.

What’s the evidence for this? I never bought it
There's plenty. For example, a superfan who sucks off ali, that ali retweets occassionally retweeted under khabib's account.

Khabib hates Rap. Khabib doesn't know or probably care about DMX. It's pretty vulgar for khabib's standards. Yet he retweeted it.

Furthermore, Khabib's twitter handle use to be Khabib13. When He signed with Ali, it was Changed to TeamKhabib. I'm sure his team runs it, both the instagram and twitter, but he's more hands on with instagram than twitter. Khamzat chimaev didn't have an twitter account and he said in an interview that his management set that up for him. He only used instagram.

Usman said the same thing. He does not run his social media. He has a team that runs it.

Some of the language used in tweets are typed by ali.

There's plenty. For example, a superfan who sucks off ali, that ali retweets occassionally retweeted under khabib's account.

Khabib hates Rap. Khabib doesn't know or probably care about DMX. It's pretty vulgar for khabib's standards. Yet he retweeted it.

Furthermore, Khabib's twitter handle use to be Khabib13. When He signed with Ali, it was Changed to TeamKhabib. I'm sure his team runs it, both the instagram and twitter, but he's more hands on with instagram than twitter. Khamzat chimaev didn't have an twitter account and he said in an interview that his management set that up for him. He only used instagram.

Usman said the same thing. He does not run his social media. He has a team that runs it.

Some of the language used in tweets are typed by ali.
I’ve seen tweets that sound like Khabib too. Sounds like the most reasonable explanation is that it’s co-managed. But I don’t get why every single tweet sherdog is like “ali’s tweeting it!”. We just don’t know. There’s this impulse to have Ali be the puppet master behind everything.

That's not to say he never uses it. That's only to say his team manages the twitter more closely than they do his instagram.

That's not to say he never uses it. That's only to say his team manages the twitter more closely than they do his instagram.
Ok I think it’s reasonable to say it’s co-managed. But who’s to say which tweets are Ali, the tweet above seems like a Khabib tweet to me. Everyone is making out Ali to be the puppet master behind everything lol.

I’ve seen tweets that sound like Khabib too. Sounds like the most reasonable explanation is that it’s co-managed. But I don’t get why every single tweet sherdog is like “ali’s tweeting it!”. We just don’t know. There’s this impulse to have Ali be the puppet master behind everything.
I don't think everything is 100% ali. I think khabib occassionally uses it and has been using it more as he retired, but you can tell its him. These russian guys must use google translate or something because they always have weird grammatical errors that are unique to them that's how you know its them.

For example, a bunch of parenthesis out of place. Khabib's tweet has it also. Ali doesn't have this type of writing style.

Either its' a translation thing or Rizvan is tweeting for both of them. Which both can be likely, but I'm just going to assume its a russian translation thing.

I don't think everything is 100% ali. I think khabib occassionally uses it and has been using it more as he retired, but you can tell its him. These russian guys must use google translate or something because they always have weird grammatical errors that are unique to them that's how you know its them.

For example, a bunch of parenthesis out of place. Khabib's tweet has it also. Ali doesn't have this type of writing style.

Yeah the parenthesis are weird, I think it’s their version of the smiley face :) I usually see it after jokes

Yeah the parenthesis are weird, I think it’s their version of the smiley face :) I usually see it after jokes
Like Islam's account, I believe that's ali/dominance MMA like 90% of the time. Islam is rarely active on social media. Islam's social media speaks better english than he does. Same with Yan's media account. He has an instagram about his cat, I don't think its regularly updated. These guys got too much going on to constantly tweet about stuff. I think like you said its co-managed. Let the team run the promotional shit, if they want to say something, they either tweet it themselves or make a note of it and pass it to the social media account manager to post their tweet.

If Gaethje is any indication of how badly an American D1 wrestler will shit his pants when faced with a Dagestani Sambo practitioner I don't think Gregor would have a shot in hell.
Gillespies Tenacity is what makes him great. His gas tank and willing to constantly shoot undettered, but he's not as good as a grappler. Everything is explosive. There were times where he had the single leg, and the dude honestly could just trip CDF but he wanted to do some big explosive power move to get him down. I would like to see Gregor in a five round five. I want to see if he can keep that pace for 5 rounds.

Even though he has a incredible gas tank, I can't see him doing that for five rounds and not slowing down. Imo, I think he's a frontrunner. I don't say that to disrespect the guy. I am a fan, but I think he has gas for 2 , maybe 3 rounds. After that, his energy will significantly deplete. I don't see him doing it for five rounds. If I'm wrong, I"m wrong

Following Gregor's impressive comeback performance over CDF, Khabib took to Twitter to play matchmaker and offer Dana the idea of Gregor vs Islam with a nice little Jab at Gregor's Fishing comment.

Taken from Reddit.

This is pretty good matchmaking in my opinion, and not only makes sense ranking wise, but has potential to be a VERY fun and interesting fight for the LW Division. It should also help give it more clarity closer to the Top 10. If the fight does get made, I'd favor Islam as of right now, but what are your thoughts Sherbros? Is this the fight we should get for these two?

Also @Ackmed.

Dana White Fishin' For a Fight

If Khsbibs suggesting it then its a possiblity the fight happens.

Most of the top 10 is already matched up. Unless he wants to wait his best options are Rda, Hooker, Felder or Islam

None of Chandler, Oliveira, Poirier, Conor or Gaethje are going to fight Islam.

Khabib has proposed matchups for Islam many times and to date has mattered zero times. Now that he's retired, why would this pressure the UFC outside of their own business decisions? Unlikely.

Obviously Chandler and Oliveira are currently fighting for the belt, so they won't fight him. Either of them would absolute fight Islam if they lost and the UFC said that is what your next fight is.

Hooker, RDA and Felder could be offered the fight, or the loser of Ferguson x Dariush.

Rankings means jack shit. I'd hold a victory over Gillespie much higher than a victory over Iaquinta.

Raging Al is currently unranked, so that would be wise.

Thanks for agreeing.

It's possible Dahestani grappling's better, but contrast Gregor's and Gaethje's body of work. Joostin doesn't grapple, while it's Gregor's bread and butter.

Gaethje isnt even a grappler, and he placed 8th place in D1 only one time thats why he has All American status. Hes far from being an elite wrestler even at the University level. Gregor is a D1 champion and all he does is wrestle and grapple in his fights. That's what he trains for, meanwhile Gaethje trains for striking. Islam had trouble with Chris Wade who is a D3 wrestler. The Dagastani's as a whole are super overrated when it comes to grappling, with the exception of Khabib of course who is a monster.

Lol at this, just because they both wrestled in college doesn't mean their fighting style is anything alike.

Gaethje doesn't like to wrestle in his MMA because it tires him out too much. He exclusively uses his wrestling for TDD and his BJJ is nonexistent. But, he has very good hands and thunderous leg kicks.

Gillespie is a more highly credentialed wrestler than Justin, and he's a cardio machine that just drowned a high-level BJJ black belt in CDF. The flip side is he'd probably lose to just about everyone if forced into a pure kickboxing match.

Back