Media Khabib plays UFC Matchmaker, offers Dana Islam vs Gregor.

Arkham's Notorious Geyser

"Sorry about that"
@red
Reaction score
Following Gregor's impressive comeback performance over CDF, Khabib took to Twitter to play matchmaker and offer Dana the idea of Gregor vs Islam with a nice little Jab at Gregor's Fishing comment.

Taken from Reddit.

This is pretty good matchmaking in my opinion, and not only makes sense ranking wise, but has potential to be a VERY fun and interesting fight for the LW Division. It should also help give it more clarity closer to the Top 10. If the fight does get made, I'd favor Islam as of right now, but what are your thoughts Sherbros? Is this the fight we should get for these two?

Also @Ackmed.

We sure that's Khabib, or is that Ali doing the tweeting?
Either way, I'm down for it. Islam vs. Gregor sounds good.

Think of the SCRAMBLES we could get out that fight though. It has the potential to be as exciting to watch as Islam vs Arman was. That was just a masterclass in grappling and the transitions and scrambles were just...
<{anton}>

Following Gregor's impressive comeback performance over CDF, Khabib took to Twitter to play matchmaker and offer Dana the idea of Gregor vs Islam with a nice little Jab at Gregor's Fishing comment.

Taken from Reddit.

This is pretty good matchmaking in my opinion, and not only makes sense ranking wise, but has potential to be a VERY fun and interesting fight for the LW Division. It should also help give it more clarity closer to the Top 10. If the fight does get made, I'd favor Islam as of right now, but what are your thoughts Sherbros? Is this the fight we should get for these two?

Also @Ackmed.

Am I reading subtle clues about the picture. Fish held by the GILL(espie).... Ha~~~!!! I decoded Khabibs! <Moves>

I thought he was meaning McGregor, by jokingly saying Gregor lol

I like how Gregor's fisherman comments have gotten so much traction. Conor, Khabib, Mitchell all taking exception.

YES! Awesome fight. I wanna see a good wrestler vs this Dagestani style finally.

I think Islam deserves a top 10 ranked opponent right now. He's won 7 consecutive fights.

Gregor is on a one fight win streak after getting brutally KO'd, and he just beat the #12 guy. It sounds like fun but doesn't make sense to me.

It's time Islam fight a proper top 10 lightweight, lets get this thing rolling. You win 7 in a row you get a ranked fighter. Dober was a mismatch and a gimmie.

I think Islam deserves a top 10 ranked opponent right now. He's won 7 consecutive fights.

Gregor is on a one fight win streak after getting brutally KO'd, and he just beat the #12 guy. It sounds like fun but doesn't make sense to me.

It's time Islam fight a proper top 10 lightweight, lets get this thing rolling. You win 7 in a row you get a ranked fighter. Dober was a mismatch and a gimmie.

As much as I agree well all know getting the Top 10 to agree to fight Islam is next to impossible as the UFC has tried multiple times to no avail, yes Islam has his part to play with his pullouts, but the Top 10 KNOWS he's a bad matchup for them, Hooker, RDA, Felder, they all know the deal so they won't sign to fight him.

The fight might not be the JUCIEST when it comes to the rankings, but it WILL keep one of them moving forward, eventually enough to pass some that are just holding on to their rankings.

Back