Media Khabib plays UFC Matchmaker, offers Dana Islam vs Gregor.

Islam can't get a fight.

I don't blame his opponents however because he often doesn't make it to the fight and you lose a paycheque.

if I were negotiating a fight with Islam, I'd have the requirement of a backup fighter in the contract

<36>

Did you actually watch the fight?
Your boy Islam got outscrambled several times and got placed in several submissions. Lost sevaral positions for being such a master grappler, even lost the first round which was pure grappling as he couldnt even get Wade off him from top position. Good on him for tiring Wade out mid second round and winning that and final round. But Wade is a D3 guy, Islam shouldnt have had that much trouble with him if hes as good as AKA claims.

No. Islam is on 7 win streak he deserve to fight a top 10. Makhachaev vs Hooker next.

Your boy Islam got outscrambled several times and got placed in several submissions. Lost sevaral positions for being such a master grappler, even lost the first round which was pure grappling as he couldnt even get Wade off him from top position. Good on him for tiring Wade out mid second round and winning that and final round. But Wade is a D3 guy, Islam shouldnt have had that much trouble with him if hes as good as AKA claims.

Islam was never in trouble of being submitted, and he controlled Wade in rounds 2 and 3. When Wade was on top in round 1 Islam was working on a triangle choke.

This was also five years ago lol, Islam has improved much since then.

Last edited:
Back