Media Khabib plays UFC Matchmaker, offers Dana Islam vs Gregor.

I think Islam deserves a top 10 ranked opponent right now. He's won 7 consecutive fights.

Gregor is on a one fight win streak after getting brutally KO'd, and he just beat the #12 guy. It sounds like fun but doesn't make sense to me.

It's time Islam fight a proper top 10 lightweight, lets get this thing rolling. You win 7 in a row you get a ranked fighter. Dober was a mismatch and a gimmie.

If Khsbibs suggesting it then its a possiblity the fight happens.

Most of the top 10 is already matched up. Unless he wants to wait his best options are Rda, Hooker, Felder or Islam

None of Chandler, Oliveira, Poirier, Conor or Gaethje are going to fight Islam.

Last edited:
Following Gregor's impressive comeback performance over CDF, Khabib took to Twitter to play matchmaker and offer Dana the idea of Gregor vs Islam with a nice little Jab at Gregor's Fishing comment.

Taken from Reddit.

This is pretty good matchmaking in my opinion, and not only makes sense ranking wise, but has potential to be a VERY fun and interesting fight for the LW Division. It should also help give it more clarity closer to the Top 10. If the fight does get made, I'd favor Islam as of right now, but what are your thoughts Sherbros? Is this the fight we should get for these two?

Also @Ackmed.

Ncaa champ vs dagestan guy

Attachments

• islamjacket.png
    islamjacket.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 3
I think Islam deserves a top 10 ranked opponent right now. He's won 7 consecutive fights.

Gregor is on a one fight win streak after getting brutally KO'd, and he just beat the #12 guy. It sounds like fun but doesn't make sense to me.

It's time Islam fight a proper top 10 lightweight, lets get this thing rolling. You win 7 in a row you get a ranked fighter. Dober was a mismatch and a gimmie.
Rankings means jack shit. I'd hold a victory over Gillespie much higher than a victory over Iaquinta.

No, because I've seen him wobbled a lot by multiple guys. You haven't?
Honestly I haven't seen all of Gillespie's fights so I'll take your word for it. The kick that knocked him out probably knocks out any LW if it lands though.

Make it happen Dana. Some good ol' Russian vs American wrestling.

giphy.webp

Khabib basically offerin ip a eindow to his return.

Book it.

Villespie GKO 3 Islam...YD5 khabib

folkstyle is king

Islam and the rest of Khabib's camp needs to quit asking for easy fights.

Islam-Gregor is basically a title worthy matchip.

Did people not see what happened tonight???

He fuckin broke a wwight advantaged CDF in 6 minutes...CDF only lost a SD to Dariusb in7 fights.

FKL hit him with a scud missile and people actin like he a scrub.

His entries are a thing of beauty.

CDF is the best win on him or islams resume

Adriano madtins is an uglier ko loss than fkl

Back