Media Khabib plays UFC Matchmaker, offers Dana Islam vs Gregor.

so you want to be a matchmaker

I'd prefer to see Fighter Kevin Lee kick Islam's head off next.

It’s a good fight to make if no one in the top 10 takes a fight with Islam. Although truthfully I think Gregor should be considering a move down to 145.

Good fight but he needs someone ranked higher. I wouldn't be upset if they made this but Islam is long overdue for a shot against the top 10

I think Islam deserves a top 10 ranked opponent right now. He's won 7 consecutive fights.

Gregor is on a one fight win streak after getting brutally KO'd, and he just beat the #12 guy. It sounds like fun but doesn't make sense to me.

It's time Islam fight a proper top 10 lightweight, lets get this thing rolling. You win 7 in a row you get a ranked fighter. Dober was a mismatch and a gimmie.
I know you'd think he'd be pushing for a top 10 if not a top 5

I think Islam deserves a top 10 ranked opponent right now. He's won 7 consecutive fights.

Gregor is on a one fight win streak after getting brutally KO'd, and he just beat the #12 guy. It sounds like fun but doesn't make sense to me.

It's time Islam fight a proper top 10 lightweight, lets get this thing rolling. You win 7 in a row you get a ranked fighter. Dober was a mismatch and a gimmie.
top 10 dont wanna fight Islam, unfortunately

I'd rather Gregor get some more traction first. The match up sounds intriguing. But Islam's trajectory right now is a bit higher. Let Gregor get a win or two more first.

Islam and the rest of Khabib's camp needs to quit asking for easy fights.

Gregor is in my eyes a a solid top 10, the ufc rankings are BS.

this is a great stylistically match up

Gillespie is too small for Islam and too small for LW in general to be honest, and he seems chinny. I could see him being a real contender at FW though

Pretty sure that's Ali tweeting again.

Regardless, itst a fight that does nothing for Islam. He's fought enough unranked/top 15 guys. Give him a top 10 contender for once.

Too bad none of the top 10 contenders wanna fight him.
Hooker is the biggest sissy of em all.

Gillespie is too small for Islam and too small for LW in general to be honest, and he seems chinny. I could see him being a real contender at FW though

Agreed and Islam is huge...

What does that make CDF then?
<DCWhoa>

Last edited:
Islam needs to rematch Martins first

YKGxA1.gif

Can probably find him in the Brazilian regionals somewhere

As much as I agree well all know getting the Top 10 to agree to fight Islam is next to impossible as the UFC has tried multiple times to no avail, yes Islam has his part to play with his pullouts, but the Top 10 KNOWS he's a bad matchup for them, Hooker, RDA, Felder, they all know the deal so they won't sign to fight him.

The fight might not be the JUCIEST when it comes to the rankings, but it WILL keep one of them moving forward, eventually enough to pass some that are just holding on to their rankings.
The problem is that the guys in the top 5 won’t fight anyone who isn’t already in the top 5, unless they have a huge name and it’s a title eliminator &/or main/co-main event.

it’s like a little club and no one else can come in.

quite a few divisions are like this.

He should be fighting someone ranked above him. He already fought someone equivalent to Gregor, which was Dober.
Winner of Tony/Dariush, RDA, or Gaethje would make sense. He's already on too long of a win streak to not get someone big.

Back