Khabib Nurmagomedov's Style Of Fighting - Entertaining Or Boring?

Wow... threads like this make you understand noone really loves this sport.

Nurmagomedov is amazing. There's everything to love and nothing to hate.
Nothing.
Get your act together, guys.

One of the more exciting grapplers in MMA imo.

I agree.

I'm more of a striking fan but I can appreciate his grappling because he at least seems like hes fucking mauling guys and sticks to them like glue.
I think his striking is subpar but when you are as relentless as he its excusable lol.

His throws are entertaining. But as he moves into main event territory, five rounds with 403 takedowns seems a bit daunting.

this sums him up fairly well. entertaining moments between riding top position or cage pressing, which tend to be tedious. he's like a mix of Fitch & Lombard. A Fitchbard

Very entertaining

Looking forward to his next fight
Would like to see him vs TJ Grant

He fights like Jon Fitch on coke or something

Wow... threads like this make you understand noone really loves this sport.

Nurmagomedov is amazing. There's everything to love and nothing to hate.
Nothing.
Get your act together, guys.

49895391.jpg

Incredibly boring but damn effective. He'll probably become LW champ & at bare minimum grab a title shot.

One of the most effective and dynamic grapplers in MMA, I love to watch him fighting ...

the way he outwrestled an athletic four-time NAIA All-American in Abel Trujillo scoring the most number of takedowns in a UFC match was great for me, not boring.
Also I thought that RdA was a mismatch for him being threaten by a good level BJJ guy, instead he came out unscratched.

The best wrestler of the division by far, and not a boring one

Is it a great style to watch? Not really. Is it a similar thing to what a lot of other so called "boring fighters" do? Yeah. Is it something valid that should exist in MMA? Absolutely.

One of the most effective and dynamic grapplers in MMA, I love to watch him fighting ...

the way he outwrestled an athletic four-time NAIA All-American in Abel Trujillo scoring the most number of takedowns in a UFC match was great for me, not boring.
Also I thought that RdA was a mismatch for him being threaten by a good level BJJ guy, instead he came out unscratched.

The best wrestler of the division by far, and not a boring one

You saw the RDA's Dunham fight beforehand and thought that RDA was a mismatch for Khabib?

Entertaining, he is just so aggressive when going for the takedown, plus I'm not your just bleed fan also.

I think hes fun to watch, if he added more GnP and subs, then he would jump up to being exciting

I like his style but for whatever reason I didn't enjoy the RDA fight.

this sums him up fairly well. entertaining moments between riding top position or cage pressing, which tend to be tedious. he's like a mix of Fitch & Lombard. A Fitchbard

FITCHBARD...hahaha pure gold right there

You saw the RDA's Dunham fight beforehand and thought that RDA was a mismatch for Khabib?

Yep, RdA is always a threaten out of his back, sure not an Aoki but he's a very good grappler and also a dynamic striker, as he showed against Cerrone.

================

Not related to this quote, I add that the fact of finding some wrestling styles (or grappling/wrestling in general) entertaining depends also on the fans education level ...
lika I said other times, is like a guy that find exciting Steven Seagal movies but boring and unwatchable Roman Polanski movies.

Yep, RdA is always a threaten out of his back, sure not an Aoki but he's a very good grappler and also a dynamic striker, as he showed against Cerrone.

================

Not related to this quote, I add that the fact of finding some wrestling styles (or grappling/wrestling in general) entertaining depends also on the fans education level ...
lika I said other times, is like a guy that find exciting Steven Seagal movies but boring and unwatchable Roman Polanski movies.

RDA is decent off of his back, but certainly not great. I wouldn't pick him to sub, or even unduly threaten, the majority of strong top position wrestlers at LW. Khabib's style can be appreciated, but people shouldn't pretend that it's great to watch, or that the masses will ever show an active interest in it.

RDA is decent off of his back, but certainly not great. I wouldn't pick him to sub, or even unduly threaten, the majority of strong top position wrestlers at LW. Khabib's style can be appreciated, but people shouldn't pretend that it's great to watch, or that the masses will ever show an active interest in it.

Sure they shouldn't, and as you said we're talking about masses ...
an educated critic instead could appreciate what most of the casual fans can't see in the wrestling skills of Khabib or other wrestlers ...
btw dunno, but when Khabib outwrestled Trujillo I thought it was something that even casuals could appreciate, he was very dynamic in the process and never in a stalemate.

Back