Khabib Nurmagomedov's Style Of Fighting - Entertaining Or Boring?

Jake shields is one of my favourites because of his grappling. He actually goes for submissions. Khabib just holds on

When Khabib fights his style Sherdoggers jizz and proclaim him the best thing since sliced bread. When other fighters do that style they're Phil Davis'd.

I find it very exciting, but I'm a bit biased since I appreciate a lot the wrestling aspect of MMA.

He has some boring moments. I think he could work on his GnP and be a bit more active with submissions. Overall though, he is fun to watch.

I love watching Khabib fight guys who can't stop his takedowns, just like I love watching Jake Shields in top position. In equal fights, not so much.

When Khabib fights his style Sherdoggers jizz and proclaim him the best thing since sliced bread. When other fighters do that style they're Phil Davis'd.

Chalk it up to Sherdog's homoerotic fascination with anything Russian.

Boring but effective

Mostly this, but it does depend on his opponent.

He is much more exciting against lower ranked guys, of course. Top level guys are gonna defend his pass attempts, sub attempts, and ground and pound a lot better, but most are ultimately still going to be taken down. I would hate to watch him fight Cerrone or Nate Diaz, for example... they are too good standing for him not to take them down, but they would defend on the ground too well for him to do anything with the takedowns. It would look a lot like the Dos Anjos fight, probably even worse.

I'll also add that I'm still skeptical about how he can do against the other elite wrestlers at 155. I think at least Gil Mel and Bendo would stuff most of his takedowns (which would tire Khabib out) and pick him apart standing. Thomson and Alvarez might also do the same, Pettis would get taken down but force Khabib to waste copious amounts of energy to hold him there and defend subs and finish him eventually.

I think the most exciting fights for Khabib right now would be Myles Jury, Bobby Green, and Michael Johnson, regardless of whether Jury and Green win their next fights.

It's very exciting, but his striking needs more work. Being wild wont work vs Pettis when they meet. Also, being more effective with ground strikes and submission attempts could make him more of a fan favourite.

Exciting! does not do the same old boring takedowns like the boring American wrestlers.

Entertaining. Him and GSP have that entertaining side unlike Okami, Cormier, and Rashad Evans.

I enjoy it. I'm a big fan of technical grappling. Although I don't disagree that his fight vs rda, although dominant, was pretty dull. Not so for his other fights though (other than vs tibau, bleh).

So his fights haven`t been dull, except for the RDA and Tibau.

Great logic, the guy has 6 fights and you find 1/3 of them to be boring.

Back