Khabib Nurmagomedov's Style Of Fighting - Entertaining Or Boring?

Mavadorov

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about Nurmagomedov's style of fighting in the octagon and its become a huge debate...

Edit: Lots of talk on this thread.

Poll Mods?

Khabib Nurmagomedov (22 - 0 MMA) (6 - 0 UFC)

SUB. Kamal Shalorus (7 - 1) - Coming off a TKO loss to Jim Miller
DEC. Gleison Tibau (25 - 7) - On a 3 fight win streak
KO. Thiago Tavares (17 - 4 - 1) - On a 2 fight win streak
DEC. Abel Trujillo (10 - 4) - On a 5 fight win streak (Now on a 2 fight win streak)
DEC. Pat Healy (29 - 16) - On a 7 fight win streak (If you include Miller)
DEC. Rafael Dos Anjos (20 - 6) - 5 UFC fight win streak

I, for one enjoy watching Khabib's fights.

tumblr_n4bmo6BZOV1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

1_004.gif
Slam.gif

Khabib-Dropping-Elbows-GIF.gif

tumblr_mnmkicD0wj1qhndw9o1_400.gif
774670355.gif

Last edited:
Boring but effective

He just needs more GNP or submission attempts when he has his opponent on the ground. Great fighter regardless.

Lol I like him. He is like a dire blanket or something.

His throws are entertaining. But as he moves into main event territory, five rounds with 403 takedowns seems a bit daunting.

I think it's entertaining as hell honestly. He's wild, fast, and his ridiculous amount of strength and control is incredible to watch. If you've ever competed in grappling, you should at the very least respect his skill set.

I enjoy it. I'm a big fan of technical grappling. Although I don't disagree that his fight vs rda, although dominant, was pretty dull. Not so for his other fights though (other than vs tibau, bleh).

His throws are entertaining. But as he moves into main event territory, five rounds with 403 takedowns seems a bit daunting.

his strking is entertaining as well. i mean it does seem unorthodox but its working. id like to see him focus more on his striking because his wrestling is perfect.

Gifs don't mean much. I could find exciting Fitch gifs.

He's been pretty entertaining. He's always active and usually brings it and his pace never seems to slow down.

One of the more exciting grapplers in MMA imo.

Exciting but I think he should try harder to finish because he wares people out so it seems as he can finish

its exciting because very few guys can dominate their opponents like that

I love his fights, could watch him on every ppv.

Seems more exciting vs lesser opponents, but definitely boring in his last fight.

Not a fan of takedowns that lead to nothing, he's got a lot of hype and nutriders now but it wont last if he keeps fighting like that imo.

You could post gifs of fitch and make him seem exciting.

Khabib isn't Fitch level of boring, but he's not very exciting either. He's somewhere in the middle. Closer to boring than exciting though.

Back