Kamaru Usman on Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz: ‘You’ve got 20 losses… you’re not a bad motherf**cker’

I disagree. When you impose your will on another man to the point they can’t do anything about it and basically quit makes you a pretty bad motherfucker.

It only really has weight with fans if it ends in a finish. This is what ultimately gives Khabib his cred as, otherwise, his game is just as much "leg humping" and taking the fight to the ground as Marty's. Usman only has a single finish since TUF and his signing by the UFC. And that's out of 9 fights.

Humping another man for 15-25 minutes and hoping the judges give you the nod is what makes you a BMF.

There’s a reason nobody is interested in watching you fight, Marty

were you mad when gsp mr boring himself did it 2

riiiiiight, it is the UFC that dropped the ball lol

Diaz-Masvidal was not a hard fight to make...yet getting Usman and Cringe to finally agree to a fight only happened when both of them saw how easily the UFC could move forward without them.

blame colby for all of this.

All those just bleed fans won’t take care of you when you’re broken down riddled with CTE. I respect the hell out of the so called “leg humpers” who rack up wins make money and limit their brain damage. They’re winning at life.
I get that as well but don't enjoy watching it. If I was a fighter I would rather die in my 30's or 40's and be considered a just bleed god than retire with my brain in tact and live a long life. That's probably not a very healthy or normal way of thinking though lol.

tenor.gif

Let's be real for a second. Masvidal and Nate are Journeymen. Neither of them will ever be champ. Neither of them is the Baddest Mother-Fucker in the UFC. Tbh, this fight shouldn't even be happening. Masvidal should be fighting Edwards. And Nate should probably be Conors comeback fight.

How did they drop the ball? Madison Square Garden is a big event. On the promotional side they want to create fights that will make them money ie fans want to see. Granted Usman is a very skilled fighter-blah-blah but he isn't a PPV pusher. It's partly his fault for his boring ass style.

On top of that he wasn't willing to give Colby more money to get the fight signed sooner which meant a possible fight at Madison Square Garden

I get that as well but don't enjoy watching it. If I was a fighter I would rather die in my 30's or 40's and be considered a just bleed god than retire with my brain in tact and live a long life. That's probably not a very healthy or normal way of thinking though lol.
Fighters are in it for different reasons. Some fighters aren’t even fans of mma, they’re just in it for the money and couldn’t care less what some fan they don’t even know exists thinks about them. People should do what’s right for themselves and their loved ones, personally I think it’s unhealthy to make life decisions based on what your perception among complete strangers will be. As long as my friends and family respect me I’m good.

I don't know... A bad motherfucker can also mean somebody who just gets in there time and time again after years of competing with the best.
That sounds like Cowboy. No contractual BS hold ups (I'm looking at you Nate). Just get in there and fight as much as possible as quick as possible.

And really now that I'm thinking about it RDA fits that description to a tee.

Nobody casual MMA gives a fuck about the Marty/Covington fight, it will be glorious to see the PPV buys between Mas/Diaz, Marty/Colby.

The right fight headlined the garden, and will double the numbers of the WW title fight and thats facts

“Let’s be honest, on the promotional side, I think they dropped the ball in getting my fight done, because that was the fight that should be at [Madison Square Garden],” Usman said during the Dominance MMA media day on Tuesday. “They dropped the ball getting that fight done, so they have to create something to sell a fight.”

“I mean look at those two guys, let’s be honest, these two guys have over 20 losses combined. Twenty losses. How you call yourself a ‘BMF’ and you’ve got 20 losses combined? A baddest motherf—ker alive is a guy no one can touch. You’ve got 20 losses, sit yo ass down, you’re not a bad motherf—cker.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ve-got-20-losses-youre-not-a-bad-motherf-cker

He's not wrong. Little out of context with Masvidal because Masvidal's in the convo due to his brutal recent wins but Nick Diaz has been just about as active as Cain and Cruz.

This makes me want to see Marty get KTFO.

What he said is dumb on multiple levels.

The fight is great but a belt was completely unnecessary.

Is this a combat sport company or the Grammy's? Nate and Masvidal are not even the BMF of their division much less the UFC so the belt is meaningless and retarded. Why not just sell the fight on what really makes it appealing that they are both tough and gritty and have a hood swag to them, and isn't Masvidal in line for a title shot??Man a BMF is just so stupid and unnecessary.

Stuff like this does not belong in legitimate combat sports, I mean whats next? How about The "Baddest Trash Talker Belt", or the "Takes the most punches but brings it every time belt". And say what you want about Usman's fight style and ability to draw at the end of the day he won a legitimate belt not a made up one.

Early losses dont define a man. Its how you finish. Usman will never be a bmf

Back