Kamaru Usman on Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz: ‘You’ve got 20 losses… you’re not a bad motherf**cker’

I don't know... A bad motherfucker can also mean somebody who just gets in there time and time again after years of competing with the best.

Agreed. Kamaru is struck by a dichotomy here, in that his skillset is something most people on earth will never come close to surpassing, yet in terms of MMA competition, at the end of the day he's fought something like 15 times over 7 years, and has really not turned it on in the majority of his UFC performances. They're all on a level as distanced from the average guy as are NFL linebackers, yet in terms of relative comparison to his peers, I really dont consider Usman to be a "bad motherfucker."

Marty is just upset that he knows even with all those losses, people would rather watch Diaz and Mas over his fights any day of the week.

I'm not sure tbh... GSP legit thinks he was abducted by Aliens, Nate has always sounded punch drunk so I'm not sure what to make of him.

You could substitute Wanderlei, Chuck, or any other brawler for Nate. Nick sounds no better.

outside of his last couple of fights, Masvidal doesn't like to stand and bang. he's been tentative on the feet to the point that it cost him a bunch of very close decisions

Wont argue that. The guy got soundly outboxed by stiff feet, high stance Melendez back in strikeforce. I really think the move to welterweight suited him, though.

I disagree. When you impose your will on another man to the point they can’t do anything about it and basically quit makes you a pretty bad motherfucker.
They don't quit, the time runs out and the judges decide a winner

A BMF doesn't need judges, Usman does

I'm not sure tbh... GSP legit thinks he was abducted by Aliens, Nate has always sounded punch drunk so I'm not sure what to make of him. I was also speaking solely in terms of being seen as a bmf. 99% of fighters who are considered bad asses will end up with CTE if they haven't already. I didn't say it's the smartest decision as far as keeping your faculties post fighting career goes.

This insanity again. Rogan was the one initiating and perpetuating that entire narrative. GSP was alluding to perceptive problems stemming from head issues originating from, most likely, head trauma from training. Rogan was the one contorting it into alien abduction bullshit.

BMF is when you have CTE and are still DTF.

“They dropped the ball getting that fight done, so they have to create something to sell a fight”

Cause you and Colby sure as hell wasn’t gonna sell shit.

Well Usman and Colby are also fighting for the BMF belt... Boring motherfuckers

I’m no fighter but I kinda agree; idk what’s going on behind the scenes in terms of arranging fights/contracts etc but it’s obvious the BMF title is just for the casuals and the aesthetics. Neither Jorge or Nate is competing for a legit title but I guess they’re “bad” in terms of their personas. (I’m still gonna watch ;))

truth.

I suppose there's no way Usman will elaborate on what he means when he says the ufc 'dropped the ball' in negotiations. Still, I can't help but wonder.

he cant help colby didnt sign the deal.

Diaz and Masvidal are going to MSG to collect a head, Usman and Colby are in Vegas trying to collect a leg

usman will make more money in the end so who laughing more.

Would rather have 20 losses than 10 decisions in 12 fights. I mean if I was aiming for that bmf label anyways.
All those just bleed fans won’t take care of you when you’re broken down riddled with CTE. I respect the hell out of the so called “leg humpers” who rack up wins make money and limit their brain damage. They’re winning at life.

I agree with Usman 110%

I made a thread a while back that the BMF contestants have among the most losses in the division, sarcastically that others didnt have enough losses to qualify for BMF.

And yeah I know what a BMF is supposed to mean, but Masvidal is far from it cause he ducked Edwards call-out after sucker punching him.

Diaz ducked Khabib like 3 times around 2015-2017.

Maybe Dan the Duckman Hooker should qualify! Lol

Back