Kamaru Usman on Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz: ‘You’ve got 20 losses… you’re not a bad motherf**cker’

Humping another man for 15-25 minutes and hoping the judges give you the nod is what makes you a BMF.

There’s a reason nobody is interested in watching you fight, Marty

When you're rape wrestling someone to get the decision, you're not a bad motherfucker either.
I disagree. When you impose your will on another man to the point they can’t do anything about it and basically quit makes you a pretty bad motherfucker.

He is EXACTLY right, the BMF belt is the epitome of bush league. Basically the epitome of a participation trophy for fighters that are not expected to win a title. How the hell are you the baddest when you have never been champion? I have a belt for the UFC, the GTFOH belt for imbeciles that think this is actually a good idea.

He's right ; they are good fighters, not great fighter. Hence, the winner is not the baddest motherfucker. Unless being a bad motherfucker means being a dumbass from the ghetto.

“Let’s be honest, on the promotional side, I think they dropped the ball in getting my fight done, because that was the fight that should be at [Madison Square Garden],” Usman said during the Dominance MMA media day on Tuesday. “They dropped the ball getting that fight done, so they have to create something to sell a fight.”

“I mean look at those two guys, let’s be honest, these two guys have over 20 losses combined. Twenty losses. How you call yourself a ‘BMF’ and you’ve got 20 losses combined? A baddest motherf—ker alive is a guy no one can touch. You’ve got 20 losses, sit yo ass down, you’re not a bad motherf—cker.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ve-got-20-losses-youre-not-a-bad-motherf-cker

The issue is that this BMF belt will sell better than the welterweight championship fight with Usman and Colby. No one is going to care about that fight at all.

I love grappling and it’s actually my favourite part of mma, but you need to make an attempt to finish the fight at some point. How can you wrestle f#ck someone for 25 mins and threaten with subs or land some significant or damaging ground and pound at some point during the fight?

Khabibs style should be the bare minimum. He is actually landing legit ground and pound that opens up the finish. Usman and Colby land hundreds of strikes, but can’t finish things. They never open up enough to throw decent power which allows them to blanket for the entire round.

I mean if we're going off of that logic he's technically still a bad motherfucker...

Usman is absolutely right though. Both Nate and Masvidals records are pretty poor. Wanted to see Kamaru vs Colby at Madi Sqre more than them two.
But will still watch Nate v Masvidal.

Dude has the actual title people are gunning for and he's salty about marketing?
Don't be a boring ass fighter then, man. No one wants to pay for tickets at MSG to watch you dry hump your opponent.

Or somebody that never pulls out, is active and jumps in on short notice, fights with a kill or be killed style etc..
So then that eliminates Jorge who Sat out all of 2018 and turned down fights with ponzi and Leon Edwards. And nate who sat out all of '17, '18 and turned down fights with Lawler, Woodley and others

riiiiiight, it is the UFC that dropped the ball lol

Diaz-Masvidal was not a hard fight to make...yet getting Usman and Cringe to finally agree to a fight only happened when both of them saw how easily the UFC could move forward without them.

Would rather have 20 losses than 10 decisions in 12 fights. I mean if I was aiming for that bmf label anyways.

Are you sure about that? Have you ever listened to a Diaz interview? Have you ever listened to a GSP interview? Whose accumulated head trauma would you rather have?

I thought so.

So then that eliminates Jorge who Sat out all of 2018 and turned down fights with ponzi and Leon Edwards. And nate who sat out all of '17, '18 and turned down fights with Lawler, Woodley and others
Yes but I'd still rank them both above Usman. Nate sitting around talking crap on the sidelines and also having an excuse for every one of his losses kind of eliminates him from any bmf discussion. Turning down Ponzi looks kind of bad but Leon not so much. Was he even offered that fight by the UFC or is that just what Edwards wanted?

Well, Usman is right. UFC is becoming a joke.
I miss the time when the champions actually defended and fought the number one contender. The GSP/Anderson Silva era was the best.

Are you sure about that? Have you ever listened to a Diaz interview? Have you ever listened to a GSP interview? Whose accumulated head trauma would you rather have?

I thought so.
I'm not sure tbh... GSP legit thinks he was abducted by Aliens, Nate has always sounded punch drunk so I'm not sure what to make of him. I was also speaking solely in terms of being seen as a bmf. 99% of fighters who are considered bad asses will end up with CTE if they haven't already. I didn't say it's the smartest decision as far as keeping your faculties post fighting career goes.

I shouldn't but fine I'll bite. Which candidate is usman reppin?
Oh it won't determine the primaries. But he will be going for the Democratic candidate. Obviously if this fight falls through or Colby gets injured it means Trump will be impeached and convicted.
If Usman get injured or stripped prior to the fight I think it means Trump was right and Biden and Peloski will go to prison. Not 100% have to consult with the crystals some more on that one.

We all know the true name of this "title" is the Guys Who Like to Stand and Bang and are a Little Bit Ghetto Belt.

outside of his last couple of fights, Masvidal doesn't like to stand and bang. he's been tentative on the feet to the point that it cost him a bunch of very close decisions

Agreed that BMF is just a marketing tool, but while they have 20 losses combined both Jorge and Nate alone have more finishes in MMA than Kamaru has fights.

If UFC wants to call them bad motherfuckers so what, it's entertainment, Machida wasn't really a dragon and Chuck wasn't made of ice.

Back