• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

just to remove all doubt about Tony/Werdum dust-up

In the earlier vid it almost looked like that was the source of this heat. No matter who was in the wrong between those two at least Tony can say he doesnt work with the human trash can that is Ali. So I kinda side with Tony even with ts breakdown.
Hey, however you need to justify it

tony ferguson is, was and has always been an asshole. from what we saw of him on the ultimate fighter untill now, he acted like a total prick. of course we know he has a mental condition, but there is a line where personality/your true self and the mental condition blur. there are people with the same condition as him who are not total assholes. he would be a prick even without a mental disorder.

i can understand tony fans for his do or die fighting style but tony is the definition of a self-righteuous prick. unlikable
One of the first things I got taught in special education training was, whatever the physical, neurological, mental, or emotional struggle someone has can only help explain the behavior, but not excuse it

I always found Tony overrated…..very entertaining, but nothing special

I enjoyed that post lol.

Tony is and always was a dickhead. Enjoyed every loss he's had. Looking forward to some more.
Pretty much how I feel about Werdouche.

I hope to see him KO'ed a few more times before his career is over. Just a complete douchebag

I feel like you left out a key part of the video, in the very beginning. As you stated, Tony clearly doesn’t want to be there. He’s sitting, hood up, sun glasses on (per usual), and clearly doesn’t care to acknowledge Werdum. Werdum is staring at Tony, waiting for acknowledgment. Asks, “How are you man?” Long awkward pause. “Good?” And Tony finally turns his head, acknowledges Werdum, and bumps him. But then watch how Werdum continues to stare at Tony, long after Tony bumped his fist and turned away. This is very antagonistic behavior and Werdum knew exactly what he was doing.

Werdum should have just left Tony the fuck alone instead of insisting that Tony talk to him. Sure, it’s awkward, but why try to force someone to make small talk if they clearly don’t want to?

But they did give him a title shot sir.
Interim title shot. Twice. Stripped for injury after the first, lost to Justin in the second. Both times with Tony set to face Khabib to unify if he won the interim. UFC was beyond confident that Tony would not beat Khabib, and even if he did, it would've been an immediate rematch; he would not have been a long standing champ. His record since losing to Justin basically confirms that.

The interim fights were also a strategic way to get Tony, media, and fans off their back about giving him a shot. Either way, he never defended the interim or fought for the actual title.

To be fair, those are title shots, you're not wrong, but interim title shots don't mean much if they're not defended while the real champ is unavailable, or go on to unification with the champ directly following the interim win.

Never saw this video before and it is disappointing to see as a Tony fan who believed he was the best LW alongside Khabib for a time. Sucks to see.
<{hughesimpress}>
Oh he was absolutely the best LW alongside Khabib for a time. He just was an unpleasant person as well IMHO.
At the end of the day, Tony didn’t call the police like certain other fighters would have done.
<mma4>
Tony had mental health problems, he wasn't just another unpleasant character.
You can have mental health problems and NOT be a jerk. That's the problem with mental health problems... people toss the baby out with the bath water and, when you do jerk things that aren't even related to mental illness, just say "oh that's due to the mental illness, don't judge, they can't help it." I've had personal interaction with this: no, there should be SOME form of accountability for behavior. Having a mental illness shouldn't be a free pass for being a malicious asshole for the rest of your life. When it IS excused non-stop as a quirk instead of what it is (clear asshole behavior) that just encourages the asshole behavior even more.

Fabricio was just keeping the distance!

lol I never heard this. Brilliant trolling... I wanted to keep the distance because I know he's a boxing coach haha. Werdum will be missed.
tony ferguson is, was and has always been an asshole. from what we saw of him on the ultimate fighter untill now, he acted like a total prick. of course we know he has a mental condition, but there is a line where personality/your true self and the mental condition blur. there are people with the same condition as him who are not total assholes. he would be a prick even without a mental disorder.

i can understand tony fans for his do or die fighting style but tony is the definition of a self-righteuous prick. unlikable
Absolutely! I've known people with mental disorders who are fundamentally pleasant people and are battling a mental condition like you would battle a physical condition (broken leg for instance). They have a condition/problem and that's it.

Then I've known people with mental disorders who are fundamentally unpleasant human beings totally independent of their mental condition. Those tend to excuse their conscious embrace of unpleasantness as being out of their control... they use the mental disorder as a crutch to excuse their consciously shitty behavior.

It is absolutely unfair to lump the pleasant people with mental disorders in the same bed as the assholes with mental disorders. NO, it isn't just about the mental disorder alone. Basic accountability goes a long way...

I feel like you left out a key part of the video, in the very beginning. As you stated, Tony clearly doesn’t want to be there. He’s sitting, hood up, sun glasses on (per usual), and clearly doesn’t care to acknowledge Werdum. Werdum is staring at Tony, waiting for acknowledgment. Asks, “How are you man?” Long awkward pause. “Good?” And Tony finally turns his head, acknowledges Werdum, and bumps him. But then watch how Werdum continues to stare at Tony, long after Tony bumped his fist and turned away. This is very antagonistic behavior and Werdum knew exactly what he was doing.

Werdum should have just left Tony the fuck alone instead of insisting that Tony talk to him. Sure, it’s awkward, but why try to force someone to make small talk if they clearly don’t want to?
Really good point and observation... yes, I missed that.

Never liked asshole Ferguson from his TUF days
It was a great pleasure watching Justin beating the absolute dog shit out of him

He fucking beat him like a little kid and it was beautiful

lol I never heard this. Brilliant trolling... I wanted to keep the distance because I know he's a boxing coach haha. Werdum will be missed.
But he start! :D

Lesson of today, never say bad things about moms!

I’d seen this in its entirety long ago, as a fan of both, Tony is a total arsewhole with a chip, who doesn’t play well with others. Hence why he never really committed himself to a gym and mostly trained by himself. Just look at how he interacted during TUF, he only got worse with success, this was well known around MMA circles. Additionally this was during a camp after a long layoff, he probably had the need to significantly diet down, Ferg likely took exception to Werdum stuffing his face right next to him. That being said there’s absolutely no excuse for his douchieness, just stating a few factor.

You can also deduce that Tony had tons of confidence in his hands considering the set of punched out lug nut on every finger…lol, add the security guards, and he was feeling froggy enough to be mouthy with a HW. Ferg was more that likely feeling threatened, I’m also guessing that there is a missing piece to the story that created the animosity. As a Tony fan I thought that this was definitely a good thing heading into the Interim title fight, especially considering that Tony was a known headcase. For what it’s worth I interpreted this as an indication that Ferg was going into the fight against Lee with an edge, and confident with a chip on his shoulder.

War El Cucuy, an extremely entertaining arsehole

There have been several.

Accusing me of saying "he sucks" (when I never said that) is infinitesimally dumber.

It makes you look like you can't even read,

Why you never provided an evidence for your claim that there have been several?

If your claims are real you should be able to back it up with evidence.

Otherwise it seems that you make things up and expect others to believe it.

Yes, things that happened "long ago" literally mean nothing.
They are both retired.... who cares that two fighters who are retired got in an argument once.... why do you care bro this isn't a historical moment...

1473691653kick.gif

Vai Cavalo bless.
One of the great MMA moments ever. How great is dazed Browne actually halfass bowing up at the very end.

I can't remember why Werdum did the crybaby thing at the Browne fight, but I remember loving it when it happened. Can someone remind me?

Back