just to remove all doubt about Tony/Werdum dust-up

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is an attempt to post the real video instead of the bullshit edited video (and a larger bullshit narrative) fostered in places like the other thread and among several fans that don't know the larger story.

If you don't want to watch the whole video, I've got a summary here for you:

Start: Werdum is friendly, does a fist bump with Tony

5:00: Karyn starts interviewing Tony. Asks him if he’s taking Kevin Lee seriously. Tony replies that he’s only there because he has to be there (AKA he doesn’t want to talk to her). She replies it isn’t all bad.

5:45: After Tony gives a nonsensical reply to Karyn basically droning on about how he is a badass he then completely randomly states “I could be fighting Werdum for a fucking title, and I’d kick this guy’s ass” while pointing to Werdum who is seated right next to him. Werdum clearly hears him and has a surprised/confused look on his face. But he shows restraint and doesn’t react to this guy talking shit next to him who said to a third party that he'd kick Werdum's ass while Werdum is present.

6:00: Another narcissistic personality disorder rant from Tony about how great he is and how he “doesn’t see any other bitch asses fucking doing the same shit I’m doing.” More talk about how he is an inspiration to everyone online. Says who the fuck are Khabib and Conor. Says other fighters are “fake ass motherfuckers”

7:15: Another interviewer asks him about his fight prep. Tony says he isn’t eating “bourgie-ass food” as Werdum eats next to him and then drones some more about how great and special he is. Werdum, once again, shows restraint and tries to tune this asshole out chatting on the phone to someone / clearly is getting more annoyed the more Tony rants about how he’s the fucking greatest thing since sliced bread non-stop and insults every pro fighter on Earth.

9:00: Karyn lobs yet another softball about how Tony owns himself or whatever fluff talking point will encourage part 54 of the Tony monologue about how special he is. Tony's reply is to somehow transition to talking about how people can kiss his ass. Then calls Nate and Conor “pieces of shit”

10:00: Werdum talks to someone in the background. Tony cuts him off and puts his hand in his face to interrupt Werdum. Werdum finally has had enough bullshit and responds to him, calling him on his bullshit.

10:30: In a classic passive-aggressive move, Tony insults Werdum to bystanders rather than to Werdum. He calls Werdum “fake” to his interviewers while not looking at Werdum. He basically confirms he was insulting Werdum at the 6-minute mark when he labeled other fighters “fake ass motherfuckers.” Werdum proceeds to call him out for being an asshole after enduring 10 minutes of this utter bullshit.

10:45: Clearly having enough, Werdum stands. Tony stands in response and calls Werdum a “punk ass.” In classic passive-aggressive move #2, Tony insults Werdum to his face but then instinctively turns to OTHER people and suggests Werdum is somehow bullying HIM. “Big guy, huh?” thus fueling the BS narrative of the poor wittle LW getting picked on by the big bad HW for no weason boo hoo.

11:00: Once there is a third party between the two of them creating distance he sits down and says “have fun fighting on my undercard” and the ankle pick comment (again... now that they’re separated). Tony effortlessly transitions into part 85 of his narcissistic personality disorder speech, and attributes the dust up to his inherent greatness bothering other fighters, completely unable to perceive the fact that it might have had something to do with him being a prick for 10 minutes straight.

12:00: When the interviewer asks what that was all about, Tony nonsensically suggests Werdum is playing “grabass” with his manager, then plays the “HW trying to pick a fight with a 155er” card for the shit he just instigated and suggests Werdum is mad because he “got his ass knocked out” (Werdum had just lost the HW belt to Stipe around this time)

12:45: Congratulates himself on his supernatural ability to “read people” and credits that to his diagnosis of Werdum as “fake.” Tony pulls down his hood, now relaxing to transition into spewing more negativity/insults now that the big mean HW man that held him accountable has left

Werdum was being a prick as usual. Trying to power move the much smaller man. Tony was right to tell him what's what
Still to this day have no clue wtf Werdum was all upset about lol, over the years Werdum has come off as such a fucking dickhead.
Looks to me like Werdum had that bottled up for some time. Maybe el cucuy had done something before hand :eek:
I mean you kinda take turns answering questions? o_O Werdum was aggressively talking over Tony? o_O Would you not get annoyed at that?
Tony was being asked a question during an interview, Werdum is the one that started talking in the middle of him trying to answer sir.

Not sure how Tony is in the wrong here.
I have never seen this before. What was this even about? Ferg stopping Werdum from answering a question?
Pretty confusing stuff
Werdum was the one being disrespectful {<diva}
See above please guys / watch the unedited video.

Anyway... yeah. Sort of weird this is still necessary and that the fake video (and fake Tony narrative overall) still persists. If anything this is reflective of the fact that the "where's your kid" guy and the "I'll fight Werdum" guy and the "I broke my training partner's rib, it was great!" guy and the restraining order guy may have gotten his head so far up his ass due to the fact that the media and fans, rather than question any of it, lobbed "boy you are so unique and great" softballs/memes throughout the entirety of that process SOLELY because he happened to be on a win streak. Maybe if more Werdums in the world held him accountable for his behavior he wouldn't have gotten the positive reinforcement pushing him to become so unpleasant.

/end of rant and eagerly await all the "fuck you he's amazing" talk

Last edited:
This is an attempt to post the real video instead of the bullshit edited video (and a larger bullshit narrative) fostered in places like the other thread and among several fans that don't know the larger story.

If you don't want to watch the whole video, I've got a summary here for you:

Start: Werdum is friendly, does a fist bump with Tony

5:00: Karyn starts interviewing Tony. Asks him if he’s taking Kevin Lee seriously. Tony replies that he’s only there because he has to be there (AKA he doesn’t want to talk to her). She replies it isn’t all bad.

5:45: After Tony gives a nonsensical reply to Karyn basically droning on about how he is a badass he then completely randomly states “I could be fighting Werdum for a fucking title, and I’d kick this guy’s ass” while pointing to Werdum who is seated right next to him. Werdum clearly hears him and has a surprised/confused look on his face. But he shows restraint and doesn’t react to this guy talking shit next to him who said to a third party that he'd kick Werdum's ass while Werdum is present.

6:00: Another narcissistic personality disorder rant from Tony about how great he is and how he “doesn’t see any other bitch asses fucking doing the same shit I’m doing.” More talk about how he is an inspiration to everyone online. Says who the fuck are Khabib and Conor. Says other fighters are “fake ass motherfuckers”

7:15: Another interviewer asks him about his fight prep. Tony says he isn’t eating “bourgie-ass food” as Werdum eats next to him and then drones some more about how great and special he is. Werdum, once again, shows restraint and tries to tune this asshole out chatting on the phone to someone / clearly is getting more annoyed the more Tony rants about how he’s the fucking greatest thing since sliced bread non-stop and insults every pro fighter on Earth.

9:00: Karyn lobs yet another softball about how Tony owns himself or whatever fluff talking point will encourage part 54 of the Tony monologue about how special he is. Tony's reply is to somehow transition to talking about how people can kiss his ass. Then calls Nate and Conor “pieces of shit”

10:00: Werdum talks to someone in the background. Tony cuts him off and puts his hand in his face to interrupt Werdum. Werdum finally has had enough bullshit and responds to him, calling him on his bullshit.

10:30: In a classic passive-aggressive move, Tony insults Werdum to bystanders rather than to Werdum. He calls Werdum “fake” to his interviewers while not looking at Werdum. He basically confirms he was insulting Werdum at the 6-minute mark when he labeled other fighters “fake ass motherfuckers.” Werdum proceeds to call him out for being an asshole after enduring 10 minutes of this utter bullshit.

10:45: Clearly having enough, Werdum stands. Tony stands in response and calls Werdum a “punk ass.” In classic passive-aggressive move #2, Tony insults Werdum to his face but then instinctively turns to OTHER people and suggests Werdum is somehow bullying HIM. “Big guy, huh?” thus fueling the BS narrative of the poor wittle LW getting picked on by the big bad HW for no weason boo hoo.

11:00: Once there is a third party between the two of them creating distance he sits down and says “have fun fighting on my undercard” and the ankle pick comment (again... now that they’re separated). Tony effortlessly transitions into part 85 of his narcissistic personality disorder speech, and attributes the dust up to his inherent greatness bothering other fighters, completely unable to perceive the fact that it might have had something to do with him being a prick for 10 minutes straight.

12:00: When the interviewer asks what that was all about, Tony nonsensically suggests Werdum is playing “grabass” with his manager, then plays the “HW trying to pick a fight with a 155er” card for the shit he just instigated and suggests Werdum is mad because he “got his ass knocked out” (Werdum had just lost the HW belt to Stipe around this time)

12:45: Congratulates himself on his supernatural ability to “read people” and credits that to his diagnosis of Werdum as “fake.” Tony pulls down his hood, now relaxing to transition into spewing more negativity/insults now that the big mean HW man that held him accountable has left

See above please guys / watch the unedited video.

Anyway... yeah. Sort of weird this is still necessary and that the fake video (and fake Tony narrative overall) still persists. If anything this is reflective of the fact that the "where's your kid" guy and the "I'll fight Werdum" guy and the "I broke my training partners rib it was great" guy and the restraining order guy may have gotten his head so far up his ass due to the fact that the media and fans, rather than question any of it, lobbed "boy you are so unique and great" softballs/memes throughout the entirety of that process SOLELY because he happened to be on a win streak. Maybe if more Werdums in the world held him accountable for his behavior he wouldn't have gotten the positive reinforcement pushing him to become so unpleasant.

/end of rant and eagerly await all the "fuck you he's amazing" talk

Well, I stand corrected.
I've never actually seen that version of the video tbh.

Since you're so eager...."Fuck you he's amazing" lol.

Well, I stand corrected.
I've never actually seen that version of the video tbh.

Since you're so eager...."Fuck you he's amazing" lol.
Very few people have. The fake 2 minute edited video becoming the dominant narrative is pretty annoying, as are all attempts to subvert objective truth in this world.

Anyway I appreciate the pre-emptive "fuck you he's amazing" haha

TS is right and a real maricon.

giphy.gif

Although, I recall them not being fans of each other even before this.

The guy is nuts and completely washed up now, but he was easily one of the toughest SOB's I've ever seen fight. And when I say tough I'm referring to his ability to weather adversity, absorb punishment, and push through pain; it was off the charts. Tapping to Nate's guillotine in his last fight indicates to me that he's probably had enough of being that guy, but geez he was a juggernaut at his best.

Very few people have. The fake 2 minute edited video becoming the dominant narrative is pretty annoying, as are all attempts to subvert objective truth in this world.

Anyway I appreciate the pre-emptive "fuck you he's amazing" haha

When you're right I can't shit on you for it sir, although of course I want to be right which I'm clearly not in this situation...so fuck you for that too lol.

Much love sir, seriously thanks for that.

Several....ok name a few, and then consider that we're talking about the history of the division.

First, you owe me an apology for calling me dumb, when you're the one who accused me of something I never said.

First, you owe me an apology for calling me dumb, when you're the one who accused me of something I never said.

That's not what you said?...Why, because you didn't use those exact words sir?

He's obviously pretty special since he's one of only a handful of guys that have accomplished a win streak that long in what has been the #1 weight class.

Has Werdum had any other incidents besides the Colby / boomerang incident? I thought it was generally accepted that Werdum only acts this way to extreme shit-talkers and Tony likely started things, but I missed the other thread.

Back