Just overheard a waitress complaining about a $2 tip

Tipping on a pick up order? Nope, not happening. I also don't tip at the grocery store when making a purchase.

maxresdefault.jpg

LEARN TO FUCKING TYPE!

Do y'all tip UBER and Lyft? I tipped a guy earlier because he was safe and tried to get me as close to the entrance of where I was going, the chick on the way home drove like a fucking maniac so fuck her.

Tipping on a pick up order? Nope, not happening. I also don't tip at the grocery store when making a purchase.
I tip about $2...didnt know you were supposed to at all, just whatever I have it. Now that I know they'll be bitching when most tip none I'll have to reconsider take out etiquette.

I didn't even know I was supposed to tip on a pick up order.

What the fuck am I tipping for?
Some entitled c word to moan in front of paying clients apparently. If I were her employer and heard that she'd be getting her marching orders.

A sandwich place I pickup from adds a 10% tip on any order of 6 or more sandwiches. They are choosing 10% to add to a Togo order.

When you think about the time involved in a Togo order vs a sit down order 10% seems great. It is wham bam thank you ma'am. The waitress shouldnt be complaining

2 dollars was my pops standard tip for 30 odd years. And that was if it was good service. Otherwise nothing. Well sometimes the ol, I got a tip for you right here. Find another job.

Though I do tip my local donut guy when I go there. The man and his family work there and probably put their life savings into the business and got hit hard by covid. It's a man providing for his family and working hard and is always friendly. I like to support people like that when possible.
Yes, absolutely a good reason to give a tip, not surprised that comment came from a good dude like you.

The problem is that the US minimum wage hasn't increased since 2009 and is behind of most developed nations, about on a par with Spain.

I guess with so much wealth inequality that's why you guys are so crazy about tips.

1-Minimum-wages-around-the-world-2021-4-1.png

The problem is that the US minimum wage hasn't increased since 2009 and is behind of most developed nations, about on a par with Spain.

I guess with so much wealth inequality that's why you guys are so crazy about tips.

1-Minimum-wages-around-the-world-2021-4-1.png
Yeah the minimum wage where I live is $8.25. Even some of the fast food places are paying $15 to $17. The idea of someone living here on $8.25 is hilariously absurd.

Yea, fuck these people being driven into 15 or 20 bucks/hr Jobs by Tradition of being poor.

How dare they complain about anything!

I'll start a thread about that aswell. Unbelievable.

Tipping anything for pickup is considered above and beyond. Servers at pancake houses almost always have issues (debt, single mom, drug problem, health problems, etc) so they are probably just generally upset and react negatively to all adversity.

shoulda tippled $5 imo. you cheap fuckers.

I don't tip on carryout unless they bring it to my car.

Yea, fuck these people being driven into 15 or 20 bucks/hr Jobs by Tradition of being poor.

How dare they complain about anything!

I'll start a thread about that aswell. Unbelievable.
Why complain about the customer though? Since when is a paying customer responsible for what an employee is paid over their employer?

Back