1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Just overheard a waitress complaining about a $2 tip

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Richmma80, Jan 13, 2022 at 8:04 AM.

1. Fake Doctor Orange Belt

The general standard used to be "tip based on service." The new standard is "Give a good tip for the privilege of having me ignore you and provide garbage service - and if you don't you hate (insert group here) bigot, and I'll post it on social media so you get a mob at your door."

Personally, I tip based on service when I'm at places I don't visit regularly - and that ranges from very generous to no tip at all. At my regular haunts I tip well all the time because even if the service isn't great one day I don't want someone spitting in my food. As it stands, I don't tip for pickup or fast food.

2. Kona Bear Purple Belt

Was there somewhere that said tipping was a requirement?

3. Tito Tapped pink is better

Tips often get pooled up and shared amongst the back of the house (cooks, etc). So even when I'm only picking up food I'm not against leaving a nice tip. I will always tip my local Chinese spot even when I am just getting food to go, which I do all the time.

4. Hatorade Purple Belt

Tipping is bullshit for all the reasons said by Mr. Pink.

Guy Goes above and beyond while painting or roofing a house and will rarely see a tip. Makes 30k a year if he's lucky as a worker doing somewhat skilled hard labor.

Someone poors a few drinks, and we throw them $5 bucks. They earn 60k a year working part time doing something a child or a retard could do because society has decided so.

It's one of the only things I can think of that defies supply and demand. Even fat ugly people with bad attitudes make good money serving tables or pooring drinks. It makes no sense really.

5. RoyalTS Purple Belt

Ohh, im just trolling. People are complaining about everything without even knowing why all the time.

Rygu likes this.
  6. Jack Reacheround Titanium Belt

That’s just under 10% for a pickup order. I’ll allow it. She can’t bitch about that.

7. Ezekiel 25:17 Brown Belt

The fuck! All of a sudden people are tipping on takeout orders?

8. Mike Titanium Belt

Lmao part time servers ain't making 60k a year bro.

9. Nameless Ghoul Red Belt

I also don't tip for takeout orders. If I was Dining in and had a $25 order, I'd tip $5-$7 depending upon how "on the ball" they were. To which even then if it's busy I don't hold it against them.

10. JSN Plutonium Belt

Gotta say, the idea of an experienced waitress is kind of depressing. I’m picturing some painted hag in orthopedic shoes. On the other hand, it really only takes about a shift to be trained as a server, so one week in they should be a grizzled veteran.

11. wigglestick pess de gward Platinum Member

There's a restaurant that's mostly a bar I pickup from a work and sometimes give 15 if it's 13.50. But genuine restaurants I would never tip for a pickup fuck that.

12. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

My sister and my girlfriend have both been doing it their entire lives and they land these jobs where they make good money. Like stupid good sometimes, $300 days and more.

I think theres a little more to waiting tables than you think. I tried it for a while and it took me a good couple months to get comfortable working when it was really busy, if you want to call it comfortable. Most good restaurants will want to train you for like a full week and have you pass a menu test before you start taking tables btw

13. fingercuffs Rebelfetts future wife Platinum Member

I think we upped minimum wage here in CA this year.

cmw43 likes this.
  14. Hatorade Purple Belt

The fuck if they're not.
    $15 an hour at 30 hours a week is over 20k a year. Now add in $200 tips on a 6 hour shift 4 days a week.

Bartender in a club or a server in a 4 or 5 star resteraunt makes even more.

My ex regularily pulled over $300 a shift in tips bartending at a golf course. were she also made $17.50 an hour.

This is normal were I live in Portland.

15. TJ Dillashank Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Tipping just sounds like too much hassle. In Australia, we don't tip at all and it's good that way. Also, I would not tip on pickup ever what they picked up your food and brought it over to a counter? yeah no tips thanks

16. Pride23 Brown Belt

Problem is most people probably arent sitting down there anymore to eat so her source of income in tips took a hit. She is probably just frustrated overall.

17. ferrisjso "Hipster"

Yes and no. She has a right to be mad over the tip itself given how much servers make. But to someone struggling 2.00 is an acceptable amount and the real enemy is resturant owners who've shifted the cost to an already struggling public. Most servers will pay more tips over their lives than they receive so the anger should be about the tip system and not ungrateful customers.

BlankaPresident likes this.
  18. GtehMVP Black Belt

Tips on pick up orders should go to the cook if they are accepting them. It takes less than a minute for that shrew to pack it up.

However, I always tip well at a few local restaurants I go to, which I always get takeout. They always load me up with extra rice, bread, sauces etc..

19. Danger Dave Covid cant make it past my 2% alcohol body shield. Double Yellow Card

the tip is included in the online order....sounds like a whiny bitch tbh

20. Billthebutcher Butcher Belt

she was lucky to get $2. better than zero, or a kick in her ass.