Junior's standup is still better than Cains. Do you agree or disagree?

i think the technique is Cain and i was saying that in the first fight. no matter how good you are at something, there is someone with an x factor that trumps your skillset and JDS just has it. JDS might even drop Ubereem and if you want to compare striking skills between those two then its gonna be obvious who's better.

it's not about who is better but who executes better.

Personally I think Cain is a better striker. Check my post history, I'm not a huge fan or detractor of either of them.

Junior has had a lot of success with the big overhand right, and the big uppercut, but as many have said I consider him a puncher, not a boxer. Cain's style looks more like technical boxing to me. Head movement, body movement, short punches.

Not to take anything from JDS, he's found a lot of success doing what he does, and he's damn good at it. But I think he's had so much success due to his raw power and speed that he's overlooked a lot of the more technical aspects of his stand up. His defense has always left a lot to be desired, but his power was so overwhelming it just didn't matter.

In the last Cain fight I think the holes in his defense finally caught up to him. It'll be interesting to see how his style evolves moving forward.

Damn i cant stand people who think Cain is the better striker or think they are equal.

Just ask yourself if Cain is capable of knocking out the people JDS has...

IMO if Cain stands up with Carwin he will get KTFO, i dont see Cain outstriking Roy the way JDS did hell i dont think he can take that big right hand Roy landed on JDS in the 2nd round Cain woudlve got KTFO or at least dropped for a finish.

The answer to your posited question doesn't lend any credibility to your belief. You can have immense knock out power and be a technically unsound striker.

Also Cain has like 9 tkos on his record of only 12 fights. So i'd say he could probably knock out the guys JDS has.

Who gives a fuck, Cain's wrestling/grappling/GNP is wayyyyyy better.

Whether it is, or it isn't, it wasn't last Saturday....

and Randy Couture's boxing is better than James Toney's
:eek:

Randy_Couture_vs_JamesToney_1000382.jpg

technically slightly better.. he shows he has power when he commits too.. JDS is fast with his power as where cain is just as fast but has to load up for the power shots as where JDS is quicker with his power shots..

JDS is more dangerous in terms of changing the outcome of a fight with a single strike. Cain seems to have more effective striking overall.

To those who still say JDS is better i can only say this: The nile...is not a river in Egypt.

Boy...did you fuck that up.

The Nile is a river in egypt. You meant to say "Denial is not just a river in egypt."

Also

JDS striking > cain. Why dont you examine each of their entire careers as opposed to one fight.

What does KOing people have anything to do with who has better striking? JDS has KO power, Cain doesnt. That doesnt mean JDS>Cain in striking. Rewatch the first fight and you see Cain outstriking JDS, just like in this fight.

This wasn't even an argument before this fight. Cain rocks jds with one punch that jds wasn't covering up for and all of a sudden cain is the better stand up guy?

I mean Cain was awesome but jds still is far ahead in the stand up.

Sherdog, where you're only as good as the newest gif

too be it looked like Cain was outlanding JDS long before that punch. When JDS starting slowing down halfway in the 1 round it really went south.

JDS is the better striker.

Tell me this: would you say that GSP has better stand up than Thiago Alves? Alves specializes in striking and is considered to be one of, if not the best striker at welterweight. But because he got outstruck by GSP when they fought, was GSP the better striker at the time? It's all a matter of interpretation.

clearly jds
cain has a lot of basic flaws in his striking
jds has to worry bout the takedowns
cain has better cardio. that is all.
count how many td's were stuffed by jds in that first round and see how pathetic cain looked.
jds needs to attack when his opponents are on the ground like that and also be more aggressive against cain cuz cain has great cardio
problem solved ey?

I don't know what was up with JDS last fight. He looked so slow and his boxing looked worse than ever. I noticed how slow he looked in his boxing training with the olympic guy but never thought much about it until after the fight.

JDS seemed to weigh the same as always but looked more muscular, not sure if that had anything to do with anything.

What does KOing people have anything to do with who has better striking? JDS has KO power, Cain doesnt. That doesnt mean JDS>Cain in striking. Rewatch the first fight and you see Cain outstriking JDS, just like in this fight.

Smartest response I've read on here.

Judging by the last fight, its not even close. Cain is by far the superior striker. Don't think JDS even got one good shot in on Cain.

Maybe you should re watch the fight. Cain has a great chin and Junior landed some clean blows.

Cigano never quit, never gave up, did not get knocked out. His chin is made of granite. What if that were Brendan Schaub or Andrei Arlovski who took those shots Cain was delivering? Let me answer that for you: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back