Junior's standup is still better than Cains. Do you agree or disagree?

SL9

Believe
Reaction score
Thoughts?

tumblr_mfutmsggnP1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

tumblr_lulrduIRRV1qdikat.gif

Assumably. It's the wrestling that set up the punch that rocked junior. Straight out striking, jds all day

Cain kicks more and mixes up punches with kick.

JDS knocks you the fuck out.

Its hard to say cause wrestling comes into play

I think Junior would win a kickboxing match against Cain.

I think I've had enough with the JDS/Cain threads

Junior's boxing is better than Cain's. But Cain mixes his stand up game with kicks better than JDS.

JDS hands > Cain's

Cain's kicks > JDS

The striking power would be the difference. That being said, if the fight is purely a stand up war, I'd still go with Johny Two Saints.

Last edited:
Judging by the last fight, its not even close. Cain is by far the superior striker. Don't think JDS even got one good shot in on Cain.

Assumably. It's the wrestling that set up the punch that rocked junior. Straight out striking, jds all day

This, JDS all day in striking but cain nullified thay by putting pressure and having JDS back pedalling.

If they had a straight Boxing or kickboxing match, I guess I'd pick Junior. In MMA though, we saw how the threat of the takedown affected Junior. Cain looks to be the better MMA striker at this stage.

From a boxing standpoint: JDS

From a kick boxing/mma standpoint: Cain

Just my opinion though. Junior probably has the "best hands".

You can see JDS is already tired when he got hit by that first punch that dropped him.

Thoughts?

tumblr_mfutmsggnP1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

tumblr_lulrduIRRV1qdikat.gif

A little of column A...a little of column B. In a straight kickboxing match, Cigano has better standup. When you're also trying to defend a takedown, it takes away from your hands. In MMA, Cain has the better standup.

This principle is why Diabate isn't the champ.

Judging by the last fight, its not even close. Cain is by far the superior striker. Don't think JDS even got one good shot in on Cain.

You talking about that fight where Cain shoot for Junior's legs every 15 seconds or something? How can u take any conclusion from that one....

I think Junior's standup is still superior. But he'll have to work badly on circling around and attacking while going backwards, if he wants to have a good chance of beating Cain again.

I never liked JDS's keeping his hands so low. I suppose it was only a matter of time.

This wasn't even an argument before this fight. Cain rocks jds with one punch that jds wasn't covering up for and all of a sudden cain is the better stand up guy?

I mean Cain was awesome but jds still is far ahead in the stand up.

Sherdog, where you're only as good as the newest gif

jds has better boxing for sure. the thing is jds doesn't engage enough in the pocket. if jds and cain went toe to toe in the pocket duking it out "toughman" style, i'd bet everything i own jds would come out on top.

Cain's footwork and head-movement is superior to JDS.

JDS is a puncher. A damn good one, but he's got to start moving his feet.
Even in their first fight, Cain was landing great left hooks.

Back