Junior's standup is still better than Cains. Do you agree or disagree?

These two fighters are both amazing right now in how close they are in skill to each other. To try and say one is clearly better then the other at this point is laughable. I have a great amount of respect for both guys, and it sucks there can only be one champion.

But expect these two to fight again! And I sure as hell will not be betting on who wins.

JDS standup is def better than cain's imo i dont even think its close. and believe me i say what cain did to JDS but that doesnt mean cain has better standup imo

These two fighters are both amazing right now in how close they are in skill to each other. To try and say one is clearly better then the other at this point is laughable. I have a great amount of respect for both guys, and it sucks there can only be one champion.

But expect these two to fight again! And I sure as hell will not be betting on who wins.

Just think in Pride they had Fedor, Cro Cop, and Big Nog all were worthy fighters that fought some of the best fights in MMA history.

In a kickboxing match, yea JDS would probably win. As far as MMA striking-People have no idea how much high level wrestling plays into facing a striker. JDS stops the first 4/5 takedowns and he's ready to stop another one, so he has his hands by his hips and WHAM, overhand right puts him on his buttcheeks. Welcome to MMA.

In a kickboxing match, yea JDS would probably win. As far as MMA striking-People have no idea how much high level wrestling plays into facing a striker. JDS stops the first 4/5 takedowns and he's ready to stop another one, so he has his hands by his hips and WHAM, overhand right puts him on his buttcheeks. Welcome to MMA.

Not to mention how gassed he became after a round of dodging takedowns. JDS couldn't dodge or slip the punches because he was too tired from trying to avoid all those takedowns. Unfortunately for Cain, he was also gassed and so those punches had little to no power behind them. He caught Junior backing up and so he had the aid of momentum with his "big" knockdown. Junior said himself post-fight that Cain didn't hit him particularly hard, he was just tired from all the TDD.

I think it's irrelevant seeing as Cain is just the better all around fighter and looking at one aspect of either's game is really pointless.

JDS striking > Cains, but i think cain has an overall better game, his wrestling helped him set up that shot.

Back