Law Judge sentences guy who shot-dead woman that mistakenly entered his driveway to 25 years to life.

Well the guy is a moron, but he's one of many out there.

Yeah...I live on top of a fairly long driveway on a hill with no obvious turn around and if someone pulls up I do have a Gun with me but would never just shoot at someone without addressing the person. That dude must have lost it and was looking for a reason.
You can't shoot at a car without knowing who is in the car. I understand there were two cars and a motorbike entering the driveway. You at least have to make some contact. He also shot at the car when they were driving away. This was after firing a warning shot.

Hopefully he gets many loads shot into his ass in prison
bono-scene.gif

Can't shoot on someone unless they are a immediate threat. A car going into your driveway with no one in it making any threatening actions doesn’t justify shooting their car especially if they were leaving.

You can't shoot at a car without knowing who is in the car. I understand there were two cars and a motorbike entering the driveway. You at least have to make some contact. He also shot at the car when they were driving away. This was after firing a warning shot.
Yeah..I agree 100 percent....I understand being cautious but that dude was straight up crazy and wanted to take his anger out on something.

I'm all about being able to protect your life and your property but this guy is just a piece of shit.

I have to go to a lot of rural areas on private roads in my line of work and some of the people that live up in the middle of no where are borderline crazy. His actions do not surprise me after my own personal experiences being accosted by these types a few times at work.
agreed. I have firearms in the house stored properly in a gunsafe. I could not even imagine getting out a firearm b/c someone was in my driveway I did not know.

agreed. I have firearms in the house stored properly in a gunsafe. I could not even imagine getting out a firearm b/c someone was in my driveway I did not know.
I disagree to an extent...if a stranger pulls up to your driveway and you don't know them, Its a good time to at least have a firearm ready.

I disagree to an extent...if a stranger pulls up to your driveway and you don't know them, Its a good time to at least have a firearm ready.
Ready? Like loaded and in your hand?

in Canada that would be a firearms offense that would get your license pulled and I am not sure dude. The people did not even get out the car.

They need to be. Non-paranoids probably wouldn't survive or want to live in the middle of nowhere in the first place. That's why I don't blame this guy so much, how is he supposed to know that the people who were illegally trespassing on his private property weren't criminals looking for trouble?
You're a pussy. A scared pussy. I hope you don't own guns.

Ready? Like loaded and in your hand?

in Canada that would be a firearms offense that would get your license pulled and I am not sure dude. The people did not even get out the car.
I would keep it holstered and communicate with the person and ask what their business is and have them stay in the vehicle until I can figure out whats going on and If I could help them or they were up to bad intent. But I agree with almost everyone here...Fuck That Dude it gives the rest of us a bad name.

Back