Josh Koscheck fought GSP for $10,000. Thinks he deserved UFC job over Nogueira

Bitches the UFC up and down then cries like a baby when they don't hire him. Reeeaaal smart! LOL

Where do these drama queens come from?

Love me a Polskighost thread - thanks for always giving cliffs, very interesting!

I get the fighter pay argument but Really Josh? How are YOU going to retire? Trying to play that sympathy card?

Picture-1121-480x360.jpg

josh.jpg

Josh-Koscheck-cars.jpg

Tiaira-josh-Koscheck-girlfriend-pic1.jpg

LOL, well played.

Totally outrageous how Dana negotiates with fighters one on one and pressures them not to involve their management. You'd think managers would be wise to this and give the fighters some coaching or employ some other tactic on how to deal with this. Maybe even a clause in the management deal that requires the managers consent to a deal or something.

I'm sure that when they hesitate he yells the old, "Do you want to be a fighter!?" line at them.

I get the fighter pay argument but Really Josh? How are YOU going to retire? Trying to play that sympathy card?

*pictures of Koscheck with expensive cars and stuff*

You know, after I read the quotes from TS' post I immediately got some of those pics ready to go. It's like the UFC treated him like crap and didn't pay him anything but peanuts and he gave them 10 years of his life. Really, fucking really?

How about you made a fortune doing what you apparently love and got somewhat famous for doing it. Would he be driving those Ferraris and Hummers if he didn't sign with the UFC to begin with? Sure he worked hard, but hard work doesn't necessarily get you shit these days. Anyway, not a fan of this guy. Hope he gets a couple of good fights in Bellator and is able to retire healthy.

cant wait for daley to ko him

There's no way he is owed anything by the UFC. Unlike people like Nog and Chuck, Kos is basically unknown by casual fans and disliked by many hardcore fans. So there's really no reason for the UFC to hire him in one of those types of posts, since he wouldn't make a good ambassador for the UFC (or even the sport). He's not well spoken, as seen in his analyst audition and even during the season of TUF when he coached against GSP. And, he prides himself on being anti-authority, as seen on "Fight Factory" where he was super disrespectful to Javier Mendes, so why would the UFC want him representing them publicly when he doesn't exactly have a company-man personality?

Kos had a great run and made a bunch of money, but is now pretty much irrelevant and just comes across as bitter and delusional. Excellent interview and cliff's by TS, BTW.

Picture-1121-480x360.jpg

josh.jpg

Josh-Koscheck-cars.jpg

Good for him.

I guarantee the UFC made more money out of Koscheck than Koscheck did out of the UFC.

War fighters. F**k the UFC.

Big Nog's overall MMA legacy is far beyond Koscheck as everyone knows, however, it's also fair to say that Koscheck's UFC legacy is easily greater than Big Nog's.

It was surprising when Dana said he was giving Big Nog a special "Liddell/Hughes" retirement deal, considering Big Nog never held a UFC belt, and is finishing at 5-6.

Nog was champion and had many epic fights in his UFC run. Kos' legacy consists of him bullying people on TUF and getting a title shot simply because there was nobody else available.

You know, after I read the quotes from TS' post I immediately got some of those pics ready to go. It's like the UFC treated him like crap and didn't pay him anything but peanuts and he gave them 10 years of his life. Really, fucking really?

How about you made a fortune doing what you apparently love and got somewhat famous for doing it. Would he be driving those Ferraris and Hummers if he didn't sign with the UFC to begin with? Sure he worked hard, but hard work doesn't necessarily get you shit these days. Anyway, not a fan of this guy. Hope he gets a couple of good fights in Bellator and is able to retire healthy.

lol. The "poor UFC" makes A LOT more money from the fighters than the fighters do from the UFC.

But in your mind, Koscheck "used" the UFC and is now betraying "poor Dana" and co. and badmouthing the company that made him rich. The UFC wouldn't exist without fighters like Koscheck.

I'm glad Koscheck got paid, he should have got paid a lot more!! That doesn't make him greedy, the UFC/Dana are the greedy c**ts in all of this, lol.

Last edited:
So, should UFC hire every long term fighter they have on their roster? Just because you fight for them over ten years doesn't mean you get a job with them come the end of it. Not too many sports have a span of life for ten years, so invest and be smart with your money, have something to fall back on. I find it strange that people think you can play a sport for a few years and all of a sudden never do anything for the remaining 30 years of your life.

His point is he doesn't have a 401k either or any backup plan. Plenty of other sports are unionized and have such measures in place, why not the UFC?

I agree. Koscheck did miles more for the UFC than both Nog brothers combined

So, should UFC hire every long term fighter they have on their roster? Just because you fight for them over ten years doesn't mean you get a job with them come the end of it. Not too many sports have a span of life for ten years, so invest and be smart with your money, have something to fall back on. I find it strange that people think you can play a sport for a few years and all of a sudden never do anything for the remaining 30 years of your life.

Real sports have player unions. Thanks to the unions, the players get generous pensions.

His point is he doesn't have a 401k either or any backup plan. Plenty of other sports are unionized and have such measures in place, why not the UFC?

What bothers me about Kos & his mouth is he was doing an interview with Helwani & going on about a union & Helwani stopped him and asked if he was doing anything about it & Josh said NO.

This interview would've been better if it had pointed out that Josh was EXTREMELY smart with his money and invested it in real estate at the beginning of his career. If he hadn't he'd be a 100x worse off than he is now, since he probably made the majority of his money from the investments, not the UFC.

Great post T/S

Koscheck was quite a dis-likable character. He was quite arrogant and seemed like a argumentative, abrasive person

Nog on the other hand seemed like the type of guy you'd love to go for a beer with..
He is also a legend in the sport, multiple champion and seems to always give as much if not more back to the sport of MMA than he took.
I cant think of many better ambassadors for MMA than Nog.

Picture-1121-480x360.jpg

josh.jpg

Josh-Koscheck-cars.jpg

If you actually read the fucking quotes you'd see he doesn't have a personal financial problem at all.

Kos came off pretty bitter and a bit delusional regarding his own fame, but he never said that he's doing poorly. He just says that the UFC treats fighters like garbage and exploits them financially, even though he himself made decent money during his prime.

The only real splurge there is the Ferrari. A Range Rover and Hummer aren't exactly out of reach cars to your every day person.

You can get used Ferrari's for ~100k. Not exactly sure what year/model koscheck has though.

Ferrari's are overpriced anyway. Gimme a GT-R any day.

Back