Josh Koscheck fought GSP for $10,000. Thinks he deserved UFC job over Nogueira

Nog held the interim title

This. And as far as I'm concerned he was the UFC champion at the time of holding that belt. The timing was ludicrous as Randy fought Brock for the real title the month before Mir fought Nogueira for the Interim Title (as if an Interim Title has any meaning after the main title holder comes back...).

That and the fact that Nogueira would have likely easily beaten Couture for a title shot based on their meeting immediately after losing their titles.

This. And as far as I'm concerned he was the UFC champion at the time of holding that belt. The timing was ludicrous as Randy fought Brock for the real title the month before Mir fought Nogueira for the Interim Title (as if an Interim Title has any meaning after the main title holder comes back...).

That and the fact that Nogueira would have likely easily beaten Couture for a title shot based on their meeting immediately after losing their titles.

UFC tried to hide the facts that NOG was the real UFC champion after beating Time, They didn't want Nog to stop Brock hype at that time.

Great interview as always! Josh is a legend in my book.

He's a hypocrite, if the UFC is so bad why did he sign that last contract with them?

Koscheck decided to jump before he was pushed, he's on a 5 fight losing streak and was lucky he was given the chance to end his contract, 99% of fighters would have already been released.

I get the fighter pay argument but Really Josh? How are YOU going to retire? Trying to play that sympathy card?

If you'd bothered to read the interview, he already said that getting screwed in the first few years made him realise he had to promote himself and fights in order to be valuable enough to make the big $$$.

He was internally consistent throughout the interview and gave an insightful look into the UFC as a fighter.

So, should UFC hire every long term fighter they have on their roster? Just because you fight for them over ten years doesn't mean you get a job with them come the end of it. Not too many sports have a span of life for ten years, so invest and be smart with your money, have something to fall back on. I find it strange that people think you can play a sport for a few years and all of a sudden never do anything for the remaining 30 years of your life.

BULLSHIT!!

Fucking RETIRED NFL players make more than non top 10 UFC fighters directly from the NFL's pension plan. Seriously check it out. This is how a REAL leader in a sport conducts business to attract top athletes to a "CAREER" where their active days of service are single digit years!!!

FFS, please read! You will CLEARLY understand why there is NO SUCH THING as a talented 200+ pound athlete that would consider the UFC as a career. Sorry, You are wrong, Josh is right.

https://jeffnixonreport.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/nfl-player-salaries-and-benefits-under-the-cba/

he's one of the guys who i thought the UFC took care of, and that was an example the UFC treating fighters well if they "buy-in" and sacrifice for the organization. he always took fights on short notice, always stepped up as a last minute replacement for big events (much to the detriment of his record and health), and i thought he was well rewarded for it.

well, so much for that. if THIS guy is complaining, there's a deep rooted problem.

5-10% revenue for fighters? LOL, IF that's true, that's a JOKE! 5-10X less % of revenue than players in MAJOR sports leagues! if this is true you can't even argue fighters get paid poorly because of the mainstream status of the sport - this is purely due to the UFC taking the vast majority of the revenue - all those other justifications for it are just irrelevant excuses! ahhhhh man, i hope thats not the case, because if true these fighters getting straight fucked over!

I feel sorry for how the UFC is basically stealing the sponsorship money from a lot of fighters and how huge a paycut they've taken. Koscheck isn't one of them though. That dude has made out WELL.

There was a whole show made about his ridiculous wealth - planes, lots of fancy cars, huge house. The video is taken down now haha. But the dude made out well.

I'm pretty sure Koscheck made a good chunk of his money doing things that didn't involve the UFC at all, like investing in real estate.

No way.
There is no way Kos is more known than Nog.
Thats thats just wrong

I'd like to see a source for this statement. And no, google trends do not count they don't mean anything.

I bet you'd be surprised at how many people know koscheck due to TUF 1 and the GSP fights.

BULLSHIT!!

Fucking RETIRED NFL players make more than non top 10 UFC fighters directly from the NFL's pension plan. Seriously check it out. This is how a REAL leader in a sport conducts business to attract top athletes to a "CAREER" where their active days of service are single digit years!!!

FFS, please read! You will CLEARLY understand why there is NO SUCH THING as a talented 200+ pound athlete that would consider the UFC as a career. Sorry, You are wrong, Josh is right.

https://jeffnixonreport.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/nfl-player-salaries-and-benefits-under-the-cba/

FYI: yelling and exclamation points doesn't make you right.

I always thought that Koschek was a bully and a jock ahole. Here he sounds like a jilted lover. "I had enough and was never going to resign, in spite of my five fight losing streak, and you guys never offered me a job." I mean, if it was this hellish thing, then why are you crying over them not offering you a job? I think he's used to bullying people into giving him what he wants and when he runs into someone who doesn't cave he cries.

Back