Josh Koscheck fought GSP for $10,000. Thinks he deserved UFC job over Nogueira

Nogueira>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Koscheck

Tuf 1. He's probably more well known than nog
Nog's been a coach and main event on two different TUFs.

To go even further with that, the only time Josh was the main event of a UFC card was against a fighter nobody heard of before on a Fight For the Troops card.
On the flip side, Nog's been the main event of most of the UFC cards he's participated in. Many of them PPVs.

Last edited:
Nog was the interim champion big different

Depends on the context, like any 'title'. Back then Randy was on hiatus and Nog was ranked above him, then went on to beat him anyway...

But yeah as another poster stated, there's an even bigger difference between being an interim champion and not holding a belt at all.

LOL Yeah. Nogueira has never come across as arrogant in his career.

Get fucked.

Your delusional if you think Big Nog was ever considered arrogant. Yeah sure he had his moments (with Mir especially), but he is a loved and respected in MMA for his personality and support for others.

To even debate who is more revered in the sport of MMA is pointless

Thanks for your considered and structured argument though..........

Big Nog's overall MMA legacy is far beyond Koscheck as everyone knows, however, it's also fair to say that Koscheck's UFC legacy is easily greater than Big Nog's.

It was surprising when Dana said he was giving Big Nog a special "Liddell/Hughes" retirement deal, considering Big Nog never held a UFC belt, and is finishing at 5-6.

Except you know, that he DID hold a belt :redface:

He's also a great ambassador for them to have with Brazil which is the real reason

"...it just wasn't fun for me to fight for the UFC..." I think that was evident to pretty much everyone over the last three years.

I would be interested in GSP's take on Kos at this point. He genuinely seemed to dislike him in 2010, editing or not.

I've got mixed feelings about Kos. Btw thx for the read TS

Back