Media Jose Aldo soccer kicks a dude unconscious in his fourth pro fight

A nice finish. War Aldo!
giphy.gif

1st 2 knees were insane. especially how much distance he cleared with the first one, i don't think i've ever seen a knee like that in MMA.

they should just allow kicks to the body of a downed opponent.

It takes a lot of work to get them there so there should be a reward.

Plus it's an important skill to keep within the BJJ arsenal.

I'm pretty sure if you look up Rickson videos you'll find him teaching to defend against kicks to a downed opponent. Training Kicks to a downed opponent was a thing in the Rickson lineage.
You can kick the body of a grounded opponent. It just rarely happens because it's easy to shuffle on your ass so you aren't vulnerable to them.

Who's ever died from one in MMA?
I never said anyone has. Soccer kicks/stomps on the other hand, I could post gifs of street fights with those but I'd probably get the dubs which I'll just avoid. Agree to disagree though, I promise I won't lose sleep over it.

Aldo got many sweet doses of karma for that one.

Every soccer kicking maniac got his comeuppance in the end. Shogun and Wanderlei have gotten many life altering beatdowns for what what they did to past opponents with that dirty move.

Hadn’t seen that before, thanks for posting TS. That was brutal and you’re right, quick fast like his name was flash.

Knees to the face? I never even brought that up, try to stay on topic, if you can.
I'm just saying since other strikes are not "lethal", you shouldn't have a problem getting hit and recording it.

lol. Why do you people say “soccer kick”. Is that the only sport where kicks are allowed? Like wouldn’t the term Field Goal Kicked be alot better? Or how about just say he kicked a fucking guy.

The lack of intelligence displayed in here amuses me.

Beautiful ko ..... love me some soccer kicks....one of my finishing moves when I was young

lol. Why do you people say “soccer kick”. Is that the only sport where kicks are allowed? Like wouldn’t the term Field Goal Kicked be alot better? Or how about just say he kicked a fucking guy.

The lack of intelligence displayed in here amuses me.
You don’t know fight talk ....that’s not our fault

That's like saying an overhand right doesn't take skill because any bar brawler can throw one

The idea that landing soccer kicks takes no skill never made any sense to me. In Pride where they were legal certain fighters landed way more soccer kicks than others, mostly the Chute box guys and Gomi who trained a lot on landing soccer kicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back