Media Jose Aldo soccer kicks a dude unconscious in his fourth pro fight

2 minutes - was that Brandon Vera? Yeah - not a fan of soccer kicks - pure but too brutal.

That's like saying an overhand right doesn't take skill because any bar brawler can throw one

I'll just kick him in the nutz! Uhh bro, a trained fighter can you in the nuts with much more force and accuracy. Same thing with an overhand right, eye poke, soccer kick, strike to the back of the head or any other technique.

Stomps is probably not a good idea in a cage where someone's head and neck have a good chance to be trapped in dangerous angles. Grounded knees should be legalized tho.
i was just talkin to my buddy about this thread. got us talking and knees came up

what do you think about changing the grounded rule, so knees are not allowed if the opponent is on their back/belly(like coleman northsouth knees to hell). But every where else is ok. No hand knee game bullshit and the fight gets to flow. So if you drop or hurt a guy you can still knee.

yay nay?

Last edited:
Absolutely false. The guy was fine and weight cutting is much more dangerous and will invevitably lead to death (in the UFC, it has led to death outside of it) and MMA fans don't give a shit lol.
Stomps and soccer kicks won't kill you? I think you should take a soccer kick/stomp and record it.

I mean if someone just lays on the ground and waits for his head to be kicked in, I guess that's correct. I'm pretty sure some BJJ gods will find an opening there. Also soccer kicks are a skill on its own, Aldo being an ex-football player helps (well, everybody in Brazil is a football player anyhow, that's why Brazilians are GOAT soccer kickers).
Hey man, you want to see soccer kicks and stomps, right on.

i was just talkin to my buddy about this thread got us talking and knees came up

what do you think about knees not being allowed if the opponent is on their back/belly(like coleman northsouth knees to hell). But every where else is ok. no hand knee game bullshit, fight gets to flow. so if you drop or hurt a guy you can still knee.

yay nay?

It's a good idea, instead of strange 3 point rules we could have a simple belly or back to the ground rule. But personally I think knees on the ground is good in general since they reward aggressive grappling and passing guard. I don't think it's too brutal compared to stomps where you throw down your entire body weight on someone's head.

Stomps and soccer kicks won't kill you? I think you should take a soccer kick/stomp and record it.
Can you record yourself getting kneed flush in the face since it won't kill you?

It takes lots of skill to drop a guy down....It takes Dark souls skills to survive soccer kicks/stomps, and yes they are survivable.

4b071184a0ae2abccb5967823fb5a341.gif

Git gud and react.

Also Jose Aldo's soccer kicks were hard and fluid as fuck...just look at the accuracy and fludity.......Stop making it sound like any idiot in the street or any MMA fighter can soccer kick as hard and as good as Jose Aldo.

Soccer kicks take skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure soccer kicks take skill, doesn't mean my original point is incorrect, they can still kill someone.

Can you record yourself getting kneed flush in the face since it won't kill you?
Knees to the face? I never even brought that up, try to stay on topic, if you can.

It's a good idea, instead of strange 3 point rules we could have a simple belly or back to the ground rule. But personally I think knees on the ground is good in general since they reward aggressive grappling and passing guard. I don't think it's too brutal compared to stomps where you throw down your entire body weight on someone's head.
see i told my friend no to soccer kicks, but yes to 12-6 and ground knees. he didnt like the sound of ground knees so i tryed to meet in the middle. clears up the knee and hand bullshit too

Last edited:
Thou shall not hump
Thou shall receive the Soccer Kick

i agree it was. but ref make mistakes all the time in ufc and bellator. the regional scene with these kicks idk man. we already have fighters having to save people from retards as it is

im not against the strike really but i already know there will be an idiot reff watching someones corpse getting punted while they say "you gotta work, you gotta work."

Back